Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:46 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

available for 30$ on pre-order from getgamesgo. steamworks game so it will link to steam anyway

http://getgamesgo.com/product/sniper-elite-v2-po
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 05:10 AM   #62
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

so is this game better on PC or Console? Seems about the same to me on the demos
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 04:39 AM   #63
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't get the idea, realistic sniping but health regen, focus time and swarms of Germans at once - afair it was much harder but less populated in the first one. Too much consolised atm, maybe I will like it anyway but only if the levels are open.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 3, 2012, 04:41 PM   #64
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm not very far into it I think only the third or fourth mission but so far it isn't great, I haven't once needed to plan for a mission or look at the map as most of the time it tells you to go sit in a camping spot and once you get there you have less then 10 seconds to take "the shot" or it's restart from checkpoint again.

Add to that, that there is virtually no stealth I mean you could try stealth some very small parts of a mission but most of the time it ends up you running and gunning to the exit point with enemies spawning out of areas you just cleared.

Usually with this kind of game I play it till I clear it but I just don't feel the urge to continue when every mission has me being shot at by an army even when half the time they should have no idea where I am.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 05:13 PM   #65
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
I'm not very far into it I think only the third or fourth mission but so far it isn't great, I haven't once needed to plan for a mission or look at the map as most of the time it tells you to go sit in a camping spot and once you get there you have less then 10 seconds to take "the shot" or it's restart from checkpoint again.

Add to that, that there is virtually no stealth I mean you could try stealth some very small parts of a mission but most of the time it ends up you running and gunning to the exit point with enemies spawning out of areas you just cleared.

Usually with this kind of game I play it till I clear it but I just don't feel the urge to continue when every mission has me being shot at by an army even when half the time they should have no idea where I am.
Haven't had this experience at all. Interesting.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:07 AM   #66
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
Haven't had this experience at all. Interesting.

So you have never seen pop in snipers that are triggered only as soon as you move forward, its so bad you can literally see them pop into existence and it's nothing to do with render distance they are scripted to be that way. Then you have those triggered guys that just run right at you shooting.

On top of those the little things that annoy me so far even though they are very minor are like the church bell ringing at random times or when you lob a rock the enemy run around saying "sniper!!" wtf is that, for a game that's rated for adults you would think they would cut down on the bs unrealistic crap that the younger generation may not pick up on but those who are old enough to actually buy this game will.

Last edited by CoolNitro : May 4, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old May 4, 2012, 07:56 AM   #67
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
So you have never seen pop in snipers that are triggered only as soon as you move forward, its so bad you can literally see them pop into existence and it's nothing to do with render distance they are scripted to be that way. Then you have those triggered guys that just run right at you shooting.

On top of those the little things that annoy me so far even though they are very minor are like the church bell ringing at random times or when you lob a rock the enemy run around saying "sniper!!" wtf is that, for a game that's rated for adults you would think they would cut down on the bs unrealistic crap that the younger generation may not pick up on but those who are old enough to actually buy this game will.
No, not yet. Doesn't mean it wont happen to me though lol
Old May 11, 2012, 12:52 AM   #68
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Is the game really hard or am I a noob ?

Enemies find you easily and ammo runs out quickly !
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 02:08 AM   #69
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaelromany View Post
Is the game really hard or am I a noob ?

Enemies find you easily and ammo runs out quickly !
You're not a noob. There was an enemy sniper hidden in some buildings about 500 yards away, I fired from the back of a house through 2 windows out of sight of anyone and yet in 30 seconds the entire freakin army was swarming the house. Lame.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 05:31 AM   #70
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

AI is pretty crap, stealth is not really viable. It's funny when you are in cover around a corner and a patrolling guard sees you a mile off. Plenty of sniper ammo, virtually no automatic ammo to encourage stealth or sniping. Easier to just quick scope everybody :/
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2012, 06:07 AM   #71
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Yea they put way too much development time on the whole slowmo xray bullet shots and imo completely ignored the game and gameplay aspects which is a shame because it could have been a good game.
Old May 12, 2012, 05:02 AM   #72
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

That X Ray motion is a nice touch. Might pick up V1 first if I can find it.
Old May 12, 2012, 05:38 AM   #73
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
That X Ray motion is a nice touch. Might pick up V1 first if I can find it.
It on steam and GoG and other DD sites.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 06:26 AM   #74
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Its like they made these great mechanics that would be ideal for a sandbox game but then went and stuck it all in CoD'esque levels because the publisher said so. The original was definitely more freeform and that came out on the old xbox too!
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 11:39 AM   #75
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

ACTUALLY!

That's what I thought too. But I've recently tried to replay the first one on the hardest difficulty and it's still pretty linear. It basically just has loops and switchbacks to kind of let you think it's an open environment. It's also ridiculously not-a-sniping-game since I was literally able to complete a level in a few minutes by using the PPSh and just running through the streets shooting everyone. It was utterly ridiculous and shattered what my memory held.

But it was also really ****ing fun.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 05:15 PM   #76
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra 204 View Post
It on steam and GoG and other DD sites.
Awesome I'll check it out.
Old May 14, 2012, 01:37 AM   #77
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished it after 6.5 hours, game isn't bad ~ 7/10. The AI is the big problem with the game, if they spent a few more months with AI coding, animations, reactions etc, it could have been a solid game. Instead their awareness is either brain dead or they know exactly where you are.

My other issues with the game would be the lack of open / multi option gameplay. Most of it is fairly linear, go here, sneak through, snipe from the roof, plant explosives, cover this guy. Instead of giving you an area with multiple objects that could be completed in any other with some intelligence (or communications). The other thing is that there really weren't any super long sniper shots, I think my longest was 270m. They could have gone from some longer finishing kills at the ends of missions.

Something so stupidly satisfying about timing headshots with the sound of thunder or artillery. The X-ray thing never really stopped being cool. Has some good levels and the game looks nice enough (runs really well too). Dabbled in some sniper multiplayer, again it's not bad. Would kinda depend on how you like sniper gameplay in other games. It can be very slow though, people hide for good reason. Co-op is also available, not too convinced on the net code thus far.

Last edited by nutcrackr : May 14, 2012 at 01:43 AM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 10:08 AM   #78
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

SEv2 Update 1.04: 29th May 2012

New Features/Content:

- 2 new Multiplayer maps available for DM and TDM:
* Coast
* Graves
- Command Line Options added to fix/diagnose/workaround various issues customers are having:
* "-nosound" - disables all sound.
* "-novid" - disables all movie playback.
* "-60hz" - should now clamp to 60Hz in all cases.
* "-RV6xx" - for older ATI chipsets (for example, Radeon HD 3650) as a workaround for a driver crash in some areas (such as Facility - level 3).
- New server option: Headshot Only (AKA: Power 10)
- New server option: Sudden Death
- New server option: Team Autobalancing
- Voice-comms mute via the console ("Voice.Mute" and "Voice.UnMute" with a substring of player name).
- Console available on Ctrl-Tab as well as the grave key for non-US-English keyboard configurations.
- In-game "swap team" button for balancing.
- Players remaining on the loading screen, or not respawning, for more than 3 minutes after game has started will now be kicked.
- Spawn-point evaluation changed to try to prevent spawning behind the enemy in Multiplayer.
- Coop Lobby chat in place.
- Added Compute Shader versions of HDR Bloom and Depth of Field effects for DX11 hardware.
- Added Supersampling option for top-end graphics cards. Choose between Off (default), 2.25x and 4.0x supersampling. This can be used in conjunction with existing Anti-Aliasing options.
- Added Advanced Shadows option - this enables contact hardening shadows on DX11 hardware.
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:57 AM   #79
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Picked this up today, I'd rate it 6 or 7 out of 10. Could have been so much better, but its really like gears of war WW2 sniper edition.

It needs to be less linear/more open sand box type game with less enemies that are harder. Is ok for short bursts though.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:22 AM   #80
DioLa
Adrenaline.com.br

DioLa is still being judged by the masses

Hello,

We release a new tool for Sniper Elite V2 Benchmark... all info below

“Adrenaline Sniper Elite V2 Benchmark Tool” offers a quick and easy way for measuring your hardware performance using Rebellion's Sniper Elite V2. Supporting several image quality settings and resolutions with a simple and intuitive interface, several tests can be executed sequentially, making life easier for hardcore users and professional reviewers.

The tool also supports Ranked mode tests, where quality settings are verified against changes in order to allow a more fair comparison between several hardware configurations. The results can be sent to Adrenaline BenchZone, where you can share and compare your results against several other results of BenchZone users, using an exclusive ranking system classified by global result and by video card used.

Key features:

Portuguese and English versions
Supports several queued tests
Supports image quality settings (Performance, Quality and Extreme)

Minimum Requirements:
Windows Vista/Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or newer
Microsoft C++ 2008 Runtime SP2 or newer
Need download the Sniper Elite V2 Benchmark

Notes:
The tool is being updated regularly to fix reported bugs
Not require full version of Sniper Elite V2 to run, just FREE benchmark provided by Rebellion.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://benchzone.adrenaline.uol.com....mark-tool.html
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:36 AM   #81
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioLa View Post
We release a new tool for Sniper Elite V2 Benchmark... all info below
Very cool, thanks.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2014, 01:16 PM   #82
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Guys this game is free on steam for the next 24 hours!

I know there's already two posts about this, but it deserves a post in the thread dedicated to the game too!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63380/
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2014, 01:20 PM   #83
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

I know there's already two posts about this, but it deserves a post in the thread dedicated to the game too!

Can't beat free.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2014, 01:26 PM   #84
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

Thanks and +rep.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote