Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:09 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This isn't that bad of a game. Not any worse than COD
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:20 PM   #32
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

What the game needs is a replay tool to allow you free control access to death cams
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:23 PM   #33
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

I played it through on sniper elite or whatever. Kinda wish it was a bit more stealthy, but then again I think and realize it was ww2. Stealth wasn't like it is today. I have read that other levels will be much better.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:44 PM   #34
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Something seems like it is missing.. Didn't play the PC demo long but on Xbox you can take them down with non lethal hits and they will cry out and attract nearby germans to haul them off thus giving you an easy target. Didn't see this on the pc demo.

Nice how decals and stuff remain though. Blew a guys face off in the xbox demo and not so much as a scratch left on his face.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:41 PM   #35
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
Something seems like it is missing.. Didn't play the PC demo long but on Xbox you can take them down with non lethal hits and they will cry out and attract nearby germans to haul them off thus giving you an easy target. Didn't see this on the pc demo.

Nice how decals and stuff remain though. Blew a guys face off in the xbox demo and not so much as a scratch left on his face.
I wounded someone once but his friend just went over to him crouched near him for a second then both stood up and ran off, needless to say that was not what I was expecting to happen.

As for decals if I remember correctly the holes left from the exit wound look almost exactly like the holes made in some really old fps's I'm thinking quake 2 maybe, either way the exit wounds look like place holder graphics that never got any attention during development.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:24 PM   #36
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
I wounded someone once but his friend just went over to him crouched near him for a second then both stood up and ran off, needless to say that was not what I was expecting to happen.

As for decals if I remember correctly the holes left from the exit wound look almost exactly like the holes made in some really old fps's I'm thinking quake 2 maybe, either way the exit wounds look like place holder graphics that never got any attention during development.
I didn't notice in the PC demo but in the Xbox demo it specifically says that some of the things shown are placeholders and not representative of the final product.

Yeah i've seen them both get up before but more often than not one would fireman carry the other off.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:29 PM   #37
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Played the demo, didn't care for it.

For a sniper game it is far too linear and had an almost complete lack of stealth. I would often find myself trying to enter a door that appeared to be open, but always ran into the invisible wall.

The ballistics seemed good in "sniper elite" mode, and the kill cams were neat.

I might pick it up on sale, but definitely not at its full price.
Fleksta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:49 PM   #38
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Did some checking.. seems that for some reason they chose to release an old build as the demo.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:25 PM   #39
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
Played the demo, didn't care for it.

For a sniper game it is far too linear and had an almost complete lack of stealth. I would often find myself trying to enter a door that appeared to be open, but always ran into the invisible wall.

The ballistics seemed good in "sniper elite" mode, and the kill cams were neat.

I might pick it up on sale, but definitely not at its full price.
I wouldn't judge the lack of stealth elements and linear game play based on the demo as the level they gave us was 100% linear and is impossible to stealth though, I doubt the full game is like that.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:36 PM   #40
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I played the demo and I like it considering the actual game should be better. Very good graphics, DX11 and full Eyefinity support are my main concern these days
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:38 AM   #41
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Great game engine, liquid smooth framerates and nice looking environments. The xray thing is neat and I could see myself getting this but maybe not full price.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:13 PM   #42
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Just so you know I was messing around in it again today and I am 100% sure I exploded some poor dudes sack in Xray you can also it the helmet ( the armor helmet not the other helmet ) and make the bullet bounce off its not as dramatic as hitting the ball sack but it's nice to see that it's possible.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:23 PM   #43
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I wonder how many ball sacks have been hit since demo was released
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:55 PM   #44
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
I wonder how many ball sacks have been hit since demo was released
I have a feeling you might be the only one around these parts thinking about ball sacks.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:43 PM   #45
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

I don't think he is...

Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:53 PM   #46
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
I don't think he is...

maybe thatis him.

Last edited by Canesfan2020 : Apr 21, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:13 PM   #47
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I don't think he is...

hahahaha I was actually starting to doubt what I seen due to being unable to repeat it.

Kill cam montage it's long but very satisfying.

Last edited by CoolNitro : Apr 21, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:25 PM   #48
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

I hope they have tightened things up in the final build. Alot of things with the xray view seem disproportional and out of place.

Has anyone seen the kill where you hit the guys grenade and blow him up?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:28 PM   #49
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

I got it several times on 360 without trying. Accidents, yay!

I can't get XRay kills on the PC version very often. It'll do the slow motion and the sounds, but it doesn't actually do the effect. Almost every single kill on the 360 was XRay but on the PC I got ONE in two runthroughs.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:45 AM   #50
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post

maybe thatis him.
, it's not me!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 01:46 AM   #51
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I got it several times on 360 without trying. Accidents, yay!

I can't get XRay kills on the PC version very often. It'll do the slow motion and the sounds, but it doesn't actually do the effect. Almost every single kill on the 360 was XRay but on the PC I got ONE in two runthroughs.
They need to give console kids XRay kills cams often else the get bored
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:00 AM   #52
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

As if I don't like exceedingly graphic amounts of gore!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:14 AM   #53
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
As if I don't like exceedingly graphic amounts of gore!
I was just joking DS, we all like gore . Maybe it's the build they released for pc ?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:10 PM   #54
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm sure I have played this exact demo or game before many years ago ? Same scenario etc. ?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:50 PM   #55
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Tried the demo, not too bad but not amazing. I will pick it up when it is cheaper I think.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:33 PM   #56
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyre View Post
Tried the demo, not too bad but not amazing. I will pick it up when it is cheaper I think.
Yeah, I've heard from a few sources that the demo is a fairly old build. I'm hoping the final build has some changes with a few things.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:01 PM   #57
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

After playing the demo it kinda reminded me of Arma (AI and bullet ballistics) and Hitman (smooth movement controls without costume changing) rolled into one. I really enjoyed it as I like games that allow you to think on how your going to take out enemies without being rushed. I also like the fact you can change the realism to your needs. Overall its an instant buy. I only wished the demo had two missions instead of one. I also wonder will the game allow you to upgrade your weapons. Like adding a silencer on a sniper or machine gun.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:03 PM   #58
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyre View Post
Same.

29.99 is my sweet spot. I just added to my steam wishlist.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:06 PM   #59
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Silencers weren't exactly around in the 1940's. The pistol you have that is silenced is actually one of the very few that were around back then. You won't be getting silenced rifles or machine guns.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:55 PM   #60
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Yea no silencers but what is in the full game that wasn't in the demo was the fact that bombs dropping near by will mask the sound of your shots so you can still take people out without anyone hearing the shot if done at the right time.

Exactly like