Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 18, 2013, 01:55 PM   #8821
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

So I haven't played in like six months now, but starting to feel the need the own some noobs again

Hows the latest exp packs? What servers are you guys playing on? Whats the word on the BF4 beta?
Old May 19, 2013, 01:41 AM   #8822
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Another badger clip

Last edited by bob saget : May 19, 2013 at 01:46 AM.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 01:49 AM   #8823
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
So I haven't played in like six months now, but starting to feel the need the own some noobs again

Hows the latest exp packs? What servers are you guys playing on? Whats the word on the BF4 beta?
All the exp packs are great. End game is fun. Try out all the different game modes all the expansion packs have to offer... There's like 29 maps available if you have premium
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 19, 2013, 02:33 AM   #8824
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

I'd own that guy so hard in a real flight sim. He'd be wondering what happen while he watches his plane fall to earth. Man I hope one day flight sims will reach the special effects and particle effects level of games like this. The graphics in them are great they just lack the particles and explosion details. I can also never overstate how much amazing animations can make a game just that much more immersive. IMO animations really are one of the most important factors in really putting you into that game world.

Last edited by HyperNovae : May 19, 2013 at 02:36 AM.
HyperNovae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 04:21 AM   #8825
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The expansions ... well here we go

1) End Game : Horrible.Here's why :

Maps are flat and boring. There is no mobile AA in any of the maps, so air noobs love End Game.
There is also no cover on the ground. So air noobs love End Game.
The "aa jeeps" are sitting ducks. It takes 3 rockets, or about 5 cannon bullets to disable it.
Basically End Game was made for air noobs only .

This is end game : Heli flies out of range of everything , gunner has zoom optics and just fires endlessly on orange triangles that can not reach them.

2) Aftermath : Best expension of all. Coincidently no air vehicles to speak of (only scout heli's on some maps)

LevelCap's opinion on Aftermath: "leaving air vehicles out of aftermath makes it best expansion yet" is what he says.
Before you go "who's that guy", he has about 300.000 subs .

3) Armored kill : If you like vehicles

4) Close quarters : well ... could be fun if you play at 16 players max. It's stupid when you play anything higher player count.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 03:59 PM   #8826
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

So who is that guy? He's got subs that makes his word valid LOL

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 05:34 PM   #8827
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
So who is that guy? He's got subs that makes his word valid LOL
I used to think LevelCap is an ok youtuber, but over the last 4-6 months he has gotten terrible. Russian Badger is about 1 million times more entertaining.
Old May 19, 2013, 06:56 PM   #8828
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

I played a few rounds today. I'm a little rusty, but its coming back. I feel like my field of view is much narrower now though.

Old May 21, 2013, 01:08 PM   #8829
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Finally getting back to what I consider to be "OK" stats in this game. Playing mainly firestorm I've lifted my k/d to 1.3 and my spm to 350+. Win/Loss is still middle of the roadish at 1.02.

Anyhow, not bad for someone that never plays recon or flies jets.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 08:14 AM   #8830
wonder squirrel
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Finally getting back to what I consider to be "OK" stats in this game. Playing mainly firestorm I've lifted my k/d to 1.3 and my spm to 350+. Win/Loss is still middle of the roadish at 1.02.

Anyhow, not bad for someone that never plays recon or flies jets.
It takes awhile to rebuild your scores if you started out weak in the game. I got as low as like .51 k:d early on, now I've been steadily climbing up to 2.68
Old May 22, 2013, 07:08 PM   #8831
wonder squirrel
Godlike

I've got a lingering problem. The game absolutely will not stay in full screen mode. Sometimes it will go full screen for 5 minutes, sometimes maybe 5 seconds. When it switches to windowed mode, the screen goes black and keyboard/ mouse input stop until the window opens up. I would play window mode except for the fact the game lags like ****, its like I'm only getting 20fps or something. FPS shows 60 in full screen and window mode though. The mouse pointer is also too low in window mode. When I go to click something in options like the quit button or something, I have to have the mouse well below the button for it to work. So if I want the options button, my mouse is pointing to the quit button. As you can imagine it makes playing like that ridiculous.

Can't find a solution for this. Any advice?

Old May 22, 2013, 07:17 PM   #8832
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Are you running any type of dual monitor set up?
Old May 22, 2013, 07:57 PM   #8833
wonder squirrel
Godlike

Yes, dual monitors. But I only use the primary monitor when gaming. The second is on, but its either blacked out by the game, or on as long as EVGA Precision X is on top of everything.

Old May 22, 2013, 09:16 PM   #8834
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Try turning it off in the control panel of either nvidia or ati you know whatever card you are using. Some games get finicky as **** with that stuff.
Old May 22, 2013, 09:51 PM   #8835
wonder squirrel
Godlike

I disabled the second monitor but it was still doing the same thing. Maybe a little less frequently but I don't know for sure. Sometimes I can play a round (or at least most of one?) without too much trouble.

I may try disabling one card and one monitor to see what happens there.

Old May 22, 2013, 10:30 PM   #8836
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

I figured it would work but if it's not I am not sure what the issue is, are you running origin and bf in admin mode?
Old May 22, 2013, 11:07 PM   #8837
wonder squirrel
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
I figured it would work but if it's not I am not sure what the issue is, are you running origin and bf in admin mode?
Origin is yes as I had to update it to play. I'll run the BF3.exe in admin next time I play tomorrow and see if there is any change. I appreciate the ideas, thanks.

Old May 22, 2013, 11:08 PM   #8838
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Yeah I can't tell ya for sure. I'll check google out see what I can dig up.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:09 PM   #8839
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Founbd a suggestion, try turning off the in game overlay in origin. Should be in the settings somewhere.
Old May 23, 2013, 08:27 AM   #8840
wonder squirrel
Godlike

I turned it off, I'll try playing a few rounds this afternoon and see if any things cleared up, thanks again

Old May 23, 2013, 11:43 AM   #8841
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

No problem this game has frustrated myself at times with odd problems that nobody else seems to get so I know how it feels.
Old May 23, 2013, 07:00 PM   #8842
wonder squirrel
Godlike

I played for about an hour or so today and it didn't drop out even once.

Not sure if its fixed, better play a few more rounds for testing purposes

Old May 23, 2013, 07:06 PM   #8843
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Glad to hear it, hopefully it keeps working. I hate when I find a fix for something only for it to come back later on.
Old May 24, 2013, 07:08 AM   #8844
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
No problem this game has frustrated myself at times with odd problems that nobody else seems to get so I know how it feels.
Battlefield games have always been like that or me, and it's usually something with punk buster that's jacking mine up.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 11:00 PM   #8845
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I haven't played the game for about a month and a half. Decided to try tonight.

9 connection attempts failed in a row. Change server. 3 more connection attempts failed. "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Crawdaddy79' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe"

I give up. Couldn't have thought of a better way to spend $60 plus $10 (Karkland) plus $30 (Premium).
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 11:06 PM   #8846
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I haven't played the game for about a month and a half. Decided to try tonight.

9 connection attempts failed in a row. Change server. 3 more connection attempts failed. "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Crawdaddy79' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe"

I give up. Couldn't have thought of a better way to spend $60 plus $10 (Karkland) plus $30 (Premium).
1. Go into the BF3 directory, run pbsvc.exe. Reinstall punkbuster and see that it passes the tests.

2. Download pbsetup.exe
Run it, add BF3, update the client / server.

Fixes 95% of pb problems.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 11:59 PM   #8847
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Old May 28, 2013, 03:33 AM   #8848
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Got banned on the weekend for for answering back to admin with "U".
Old Jun 4, 2013, 03:11 AM   #8849
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

I was flying chopper, and on a fly-over the enemy mcon, got taken down with a mortar! Unfortunately don't think the guy was recording. First time in almost 700 hours that's happened.

Last edited by bob saget : Jun 4, 2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 07:48 AM   #8850
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So battlelog was updated about an hour ago here, mind you it's a Saturday night and access has been disabled due to issues related to the upgrade. Lol. Believe this ****? It has been down for 2 hours.

My mate and I are just sitting here waiting.

Last edited by Megaman : Jun 15, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote