Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:33 PM   #7411
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Man, i think i've literally posted a hundres messages about how ****ing lame jets are on battlelog

Jets are the noob's safe haven. But i've taken up the responsibility of giving those jet weenies a frustrating time .

Flying the jet is easy FOOK . In 10 hours you are a "pro" . So, i learned just enough to keep the enemy jets busy .

AND, i've put some time in the mobile AA in . The tunguska is crap, it fires too few rounds per minute, and can't move for **** .

But the LAV-AD , if you put hours in it, and learn to lead your targets fluently you are on equal foot with a "pro" jet pilot .

You won't destroy them easily, but you won't die easily either.

STEALTH unlock is a MUST for the mobile AA . Otherwise any air unit can spot you from miles away and then your ****ed.
When i whore the LAV-AD on caspian , and even more so on firestorm, i go 30-1 or something like that 90% of the time.

It's only a matter of time before the jihad jeeps and c4 terrorists come after you, so you have to be paranoid CONSTANTLY cause you're gonna annoy your enemy like nothing else and before you know it half the enemy team is out to get you ...

Learn the LAV-AD ... You will get at least some satisfaction once they're afraid of you

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:07 PM   #7412
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

you say jets are a noob's safe haven, and then you proceed to mention how good you are in AA
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:08 PM   #7413
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Bob you're a whore and you know it.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:23 PM   #7414
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
you say jets are a noob's safe haven, and then you proceed to mention how good you are in AA
Indeed. AA is nothing more than a camp gun and the epitome of a player lacking any real skill set. And I don't care what your tactics, a good pilot with a good wing man will have your number.

I can assure you also that 10 hours of flight does not make you a pro pilot.

Jets a safe haven are not. Cooperative game play easily takes out the best of pilots. It's really the key of the whole game. Anyone exploiting anything can be overcome with good team tactics. The problem with BF3 is that more often than not, no one's working together effectively.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:49 PM   #7415
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Mobile AA, Jets and Helis there are no differences, tanks and lav they can and are all whored. Jets are the worst because they are much harder to take down from ground level.
AA needs to be spruced up cause really good pilots and hackers can stay in the air forever.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:31 PM   #7416
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Bob you're a whore and you know it.
only because I fly with a good team mate and we are in constant communication. even when i have to take bathroom break.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:42 PM   #7417
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
even when i have to take bathroom break.

Does he get play-by-play commentary on that?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:36 AM   #7418
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
Does he get play-by-play commentary on that?
i just let him know when i need to do a second run to clean up the infantry
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:24 AM   #7419
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Indeed. AA is nothing more than a camp gun and the epitome of a player lacking any real skill set.
I agree. In some ways it is even worse than camping the whole round with a sniper rifle. That said it is fun to run the AA machine. And I have been guilty of whoring it out on occasion. Sometimes the enemy team's pilots are so terrible it's a turkey shoot that can be tough to resist.
Quote:
Jets a safe haven are not. Cooperative game play easily takes out the best of pilots.
Good luck countering the (retarded good) enemy jets cooperatively if you're team doesn't have any decent pilots on their side. It's extremely difficult otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad2owns View Post
Mobile AA, Jets and Helis there are no differences, tanks and lav they can and are all whored. Jets are the worst because they are much harder to take down from ground level.
AA needs to be spruced up cause really good pilots and hackers can stay in the air forever.
Agree minus the tanks. It's hard to whore a tank out nearly as effectively as the others you mentioned IMO. The exception being if you're team is totally dominating the other side.

You guys noticed how lopsided most rounds are? I play a lot of firestorm 24/7 servers and have noticed that. It's usually a 3:1 ticket ratio or even worse sometimes at the end of the round. Not sure why that happens so often.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:52 AM   #7420
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I agree. In some ways it is even worse than camping the whole round with a sniper rifle. That said it is fun to run the AA machine. And I have been guilty of whoring it out on occasion. Sometimes the enemy team's pilots are so terrible it's a turkey shoot that can be tough to resist.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'll do it myself on occasion. I'm not above my own hypocrisy. Occasionally I come to the table myself with no real skill set and decide to go AA. I try not to be that guy though that sits right in the exit of the base blocking everyone else and never moving, like so many others do. Also, I don't focus entirely on aircraft. AA works well for suppression and light armor.

Quote:
Good luck countering the (retarded good) enemy jets cooperatively if you're team doesn't have any decent pilots on their side. It's extremely difficult otherwise.
I hear you. There are some sick good pilots out there. It may take an overwhelming amount of counter-tactics to bring them down; even to the point of causing your team to lose focus on the priority objectives, but I believe it can be done.

Generally when I'm raping in a jet, after awhile one of two things happens. Either a uber 733t pilot gets into the sky and starts raping me, or the other team unanimously gets frustrated and all decide to pull out their shoulder fired ground to air missiles,their mobile AA crosses the map hunting for me, while sending up two pilots with heat seekers, plus the attack helicopter with heat seekers and someone starts camping their base stationary AA gun. It's not often I last long in that environment. It's usually a sign of a desperate team losing though, but not always.

Quote:
Agree minus the tanks. It's hard to whore a tank out nearly as effectively as the others you mentioned IMO. The exception being if you're team is totally dominating the other side.

You guys noticed how lopsided most rounds are? I play a lot of firestorm 24/7 servers and have noticed that. It's usually a 3:1 ticket ratio or even worse sometimes at the end of the round. Not sure why that happens so often.
Yes, stacked teams is a huge issue with BF3; to the point it can ruin an evening of trying to play and enjoy the game. You expect it to happen some what in most games, but in BF3 it's the worst I've ever seen
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:09 PM   #7421
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'll do it myself on occasion. I'm not above my own hypocrisy. Occasionally I come to the table myself with no real skill set and decide to go AA. I try not to be that guy though that sits right in the exit of the base blocking everyone else and never moving, like so many others do. Also, I don't focus entirely on aircraft. AA works well for suppression and light armor.
Same. Another annoyance is the people who like to camp out at the base just sitting there waiting for the AA to spawn so they can get it. It can take a long time meanwhile their team could use their help on foot or in another vehicle. But they just camp there all game until they get it. If it was my server I'd kick them. Usually when I use the AA if I die and go to spawn again at the base and it's gone - then I let it go.

Totally agree that it works well for other vehicles and people on foot. If you're aggressive with it and get it into position behind the lines you can maul people on foot with it. Risk of being destroyed is higher ofcourse.
Quote:
It may take an overwhelming amount of counter-tactics to bring them down; even to the point of causing your team to lose focus on the priority objectives, but I believe it can be done.
Agree again. Even if it takes the whole team focusing on the pesky jet pilot - it can be done. You can take that asset away from them. But unfortunately if your whole team or nearly so has to focus on that one pesky pilot then it comes at the expense of other objectives. And yep it's often a sign of desperation. Usually if a team ends up having to resort to this then they are going to lose.
Quote:
You expect it to happen some what in most games, but in BF3 it's the worst I've ever seen
Yeah it's definitely not exclusive to BF3 but it really makes some rounds a complete frustrating yawner if you're on the team that can't do anything. It's hard just to keep 1:1 k/d in those situations.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB

Last edited by Riptide : Aug 15, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:20 PM   #7422
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Usually the not so good players tend to flock to the jets ... I went 22-3 on my first try with the jet , i was disgusted at it. Also probably because playing some flight sims, "flying" in bf3 felt like full retard , it's just too simple .

DICE is going out of it's way to keep even the worst of the worst players playing, so the jets are well protected from harm

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:14 PM   #7423
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The servers that piss me off are the instant vehicle re-spawn servers. You spend 10 minutes taking down some pita jet, only to have them instantly get it again, that's retarded.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:30 PM   #7424
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

instant vehicle is bad, especially on firestorm where you have like 5 tanks per team. Just removes the bonus of actually killing a tank. And suddenly 5 tanks come rolling into warehouses :/

I think under the radar is abused with attack choppers, I think it should be changed to make the lockon longer or made so you have to be really close to the ground. Or change the RPG hitbox so its larger against choppers. I think they reduced the stinger range too much too.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:04 PM   #7425
seanR3D
Radeon R700

seanR3D can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyseanR3D can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyseanR3D can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Anyone fed up with crappy servers should check out Pure BF http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...Q-200-giveaway I know them personally and they're a great bunch of guys with sensible rules and maps. Teamspeak/Teamsync info is on the server page.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:45 PM   #7426
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

LOL at the content drop, they managed to do something worse than new skins for the scar-h, pkp, f2000, and the l96.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/08...remium-events/
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:17 PM   #7427
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

heh art booklet
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:41 PM   #7428
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
LOL at the content drop, they managed to do something worse than new skins for the scar-h, pkp, f2000, and the l96.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/08...remium-events/
bitching about worthless extras? sure, go right ahead.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:43 PM   #7429
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

At least I'm not bitching about people bitching.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:47 PM   #7430
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of bitching on the servers. Makes me laugh.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:26 PM   #7431
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

ugh, exclusive digital images is the worse thing ever. it's posted to hundreds of sites within seconds.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:10 AM   #7432
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
fair enough.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:18 AM   #7433
Mangler
PC

Anyways, I hope they release the new patch soon, I want to get used to the changes before AK is released.

And I wish dice would patch their games with the same frequency as Bethesda, but I guess Beth. has some special deal with ms, since no other mainstream developer releases as many patches as they do.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:43 AM   #7434
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

What patch are you referring to?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:48 AM   #7435
Mangler
PC

The patch where they shorten the reload times of most assault rifles, buffs the m416 and nerfs the m16.

And makes the rocketpods insta death for infantry.

Last edited by Mangler : Aug 24, 2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:37 PM   #7436
Riptide

Looking for suggestions guys. I've been playing assault now for a while with the FAMAS and a HOLO. This combo works pretty well but I'm a little sick of the recoil.

Any suggestions on a good rifle in that class to switch over to that has about the same power and range but with less recoil?
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:39 PM   #7437
Mangler
PC

aek or m16
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:20 PM   #7438
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
aek or m16
this is the best all around rifles by far, but there are many fun ones. I suggest trying some PDW/submachinegun weapons. They are fun as hell. Aug is popular. F2000 too.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:51 PM   #7439
Riptide

I don't have premium yet. So not sure if those are available to me or not. I will check. Gearing up to make the switch after I hit 2000 kills with the FAMAS.

I have the P90 and a decent red dot for it. It's fun and has a nice magazine. But it's a bit of a pea shooter. Doesn't seem to have much stopping power.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:54 PM   #7440
Mangler
PC

You need close quarters for the aug, the rest of the weapons mentioned are included in the retail version.

If you liked the famas you will probably like the aek, it is a high rpm weapon that is very easy to use.