Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 25, 2006, 01:43 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GRimm862
Banned

GRimm862 is still being judged by the masses

Default Sniper Elite demo

GRimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 02:12 PM   #2
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Need more links. Seems no other sites have this demo as of yet.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 02:21 PM   #3
Nico73
Meow

Nico73 is still being judged by the masses

Just be warned that the full game uses StarForce, so there's a chance that the demo does too (for those who don't like SF)...
Nico73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 25, 2006, 03:27 PM   #4
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

yeah need more links....3d lamers sucks. I'm a registered member but 2 times now I have tried to D/L this and it freezes up a few mins after starting.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 04:40 PM   #5
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

3rd time was the charm I guess. And this is a fun game. Its going to be a keeper.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 06:26 PM   #6
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

just tell me when filefront gets it
Old Feb 25, 2006, 06:52 PM   #7
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Starforce. I think the publisher just lost another potential customer.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:46 PM   #8
Mrpleeb
Radeon R700

Mrpleeb is still being judged by the masses

Default demo have starforce?

Does the demo install starforce too?
Mrpleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:01 PM   #9
GRimm862
Banned

It doesnt install sf for just the demo.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:11 PM   #10
Mrpleeb
Radeon R700

Mrpleeb is still being judged by the masses

Default any mirrors up?

Any other mirror sites up yet with the demo?
Mrpleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:22 PM   #11
GRimm862
Banned

Nope, just 3dgamers. I'll let you know if theres a new one.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 01:20 AM   #12
Major-Minor
Destination Unknown...

Major-Minor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by $GRimm$
It doesnt install sf for just the demo.
If the game is going to use the starforce protection, the demo will have it too and will install starforce. I read in an interview on some site with some representative of starforce and he said that game demos would also install starforce so that the pirates would not be able to use the .exe of the game and modify it to use in the (full) pirated version.

Ahh.. here it is - http://www.firingsquad.com/features/...ew/default.asp

Quote:
FiringSquad: Why is it necessary to include StarForce on game demos, such as "D-Day"?

Abbie Sommer: For a very simple reason; if a demo goes out with unprotected code, when the time comes for a pirate to try to crack a released game, he or she can refer to that demo to find clues which can be used to crack the game, if the demo .exe closely resembles the final product.

The most honorable revenge is the one not taken.

Major-Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:10 AM   #13
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

well this either doesn't have starforce in the demo or it's using a magical version that doesn't require a reboot
Old Feb 26, 2006, 03:18 AM   #14
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Or you are already infected and don't realise... BURN YOUR PC QUICK BEFORE IT SPREADS !!!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:31 AM   #15
armagedon
Sapphire X1950Pro 512MB

armagedon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp
well this either doesn't have starforce in the demo or it's using a magical version that doesn't require a reboot
My Computer->properties->device manager->menu-view->show hidden devices->non-plug and play drivers->Starforce (3-4 entries)
armagedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:38 AM   #16
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

3D gamers sucks, always has sucked, it sucks now and always will suck the big donkey balls when it comes to dl´ing demos.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:56 AM   #17
GRimm862
Banned

I have like 2 SF games, it doesn't seem to ruin my computer at all. I only have 1 HD and ! cd/dvd drive but hey.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:32 AM   #18
necropimp
666 Flavors

i think people hate starforce because even though it caused no problems for them it caused problems for a small number of people they never met so that must mean everyone is going to have problems and starforce is evil

and armagedon... are you sure you just don't have a bunch of starforce protected games already installed? starforce ALWAYS requires a reboot
Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:32 AM   #19
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Gah, downloaded this demo 2x now and each time file is corrupt. I'll wait till the weekend stampeed is over.

Not like many in here are going bonkers over this demo it seems.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:36 AM   #20
necropimp
666 Flavors

yeah it's a starforce bashing thread...

my $0.02

it's enjoyable if you have patience and like sniping (and can ignore the historical inaccuracies)
Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:06 PM   #21
Ninja6.
Banned

Ninja6. is still being judged by the masses

The demo DOES NOT install starforce btw. I'm only a dedicated 'hater' of SF because it sometimes causes explorer not to run and also makes startup take 4 mins before even firefox will run. Without SF I never get any exploerer issues and startup takes 30-60 secs.

Anyway. This game is soo cool. Well, only because it's the most orginal game I've played in ages. And don't go "Original? It's another WWII game!!.." Any money you play a MMORPG and it's not like they're exactly original either.... I like the bullet cam for headshots, For some reason I keep shooting them in the mouth............. my only real thing about the game is the lack of a wind indicator. Also, for some reason you have to run at some obstacles(steps) to get up them.
Ninja6. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 01:50 PM   #22
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:46 PM   #23
armagedon
Sapphire X1950Pro 512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropimp
and armagedon... are you sure you just don't have a bunch of starforce protected games already installed? starforce ALWAYS requires a reboot
read my post again, it will just show you if SF is installed (unless they found a way to disguise it even further). I vaguely remember seeing some demos installing SF without rebooting since it give it's installation away but i'm not sure. I think it was Virtual Skipper 4 demo.

And no, i never keep any SF games/demos. I either run the remover or re-ghost my system drive. I just wait for the patch if i'm interested in that game.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:06 PM   #24
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Ok...call me a noob. But I have never heard of StarForce and it sounds as if I should stay away from this game. Can someone tell me what it is and what it will do to my system? I have been waiting for this game and would like to install this demo to try it out.

Oh and FileFront has it now to!
http://files.filefront.com/Sniper+El.../fileinfo.html
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:57 PM   #25
armagedon
Sapphire X1950Pro 512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_Tiny
Ok...call me a noob. But I have never heard of StarForce and it sounds as if I should stay away from this game. Can someone tell me what it is and what it will do to my system? I have been waiting for this game and would like to install this demo to try it out.

Oh and FileFront has it now to!
http://files.filefront.com/Sniper+El.../fileinfo.html
To make a long story short, it's a controversial copy protection drivers which are installed silently with some game/demo. It's permanently loaded in memory whatever you play or not the game and cannot be uninstalled easily. It is suspected having nasty effects since it manipulate ide:cdrom interface using high privilege system call beside other unknowed operations which are kept secret and difficult to identify. It is also going after drive emulation software like Alcohol 120 or Daemon tools. The drivers have evolved to be more and more agressive as people found way around it and using their own words; "to keep them compatible with the latest versions of Windows operating systems" ???

Now that's not stopping you from trying the game. The official removal tool is available at this site :
http://www.onlinesecurity-on.com/protect.phtml?c=55

My suggestion, to be safe, just uninstall the protection when you are through playing. It will re-install itself when you play again. That's what the game should have done by itself in the first place. In any case, curiously most of SF protected games have been cracked so if it's a popular title, it's not hard to find a patch which bypass SF.

Last edited by armagedon : Feb 27, 2006 at 08:42 AM.