Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Another reason to buy a HD5000 series... Apple bought all the HD4800's

AMD's own partners are growling about shortage of parts all across the board. Given that the allocation for 5000 series is limited, partners tried to fulfill their backlog for all those 4800 orders. As it usually happen, things are progressing nicely in the AIB shark-pool until a big shark comes in and snatches the allocation.

According to our sources, Apple was the Great White for Q3 2009. The giant from Cupertino bought complete 60-day, two month stock of ATI Radeon 4000 series chips, most notably the Radeon HD 4850. This "shopping" by Apple was caused by AMD's sales initiative in order to try to get into black for Q3'09. Remember - Dirk Meyer promised that AMD would return to profitability in H2'2009 - and ATI sales folks are certainly doing the best they can to achieve just that.

The new Apple machines will feature ATI Radeon HD 4850 as a more affordable BTO [Build-To-Order] option, complementing current ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB as a $399 option. We are not aware when the Apple BTO system refresh will happen, but expect an announcement in the next couple of weeks.

All in all, it looks like ATI is really saving AMD's bacon, because if there weren't for that ATI purchase, AMD would look gloomy indeed. Instead, you'll see quite good news on the graphics front in those Q3 2009 financial results.

Source - Brighter Side of News
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

ATI save AMD? That's unpossible.

You gotta admire Apple customers loyalty, "HD 4870 512MB as a $399 option."
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 03:03 PM   #3
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
You gotta admire Apple customers loyalty, "HD 4870 512MB as a $399 option."
Apple people love to get reamed.

Still, I'm grateful for their large purchase.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 14, 2009, 03:37 PM   #4
[email protected]
Radeon R600

AMD_G@y is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

Still, I'm grateful for their large purchase.
aye, I remember back around the SDRam plant fires (99 iirc), the store I worked at sold 64MB SDR for $299-399 (Mac "qualified") yet we sold the EXACT same sticks in PCs for $149-99.

AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE
(3.8Ghz Nocturna All 4 Cores ready and roaring !!)
Asrock M3A790GX/128
8GB OCZ Reaper DDR3 @ 1066
MSI 5770 HAWK x2
Corsair TX750
Seagate 200GB (while OCZ 32GB is RMA)
OCZ 32GB SSD x2 (Raid 0)

-----------------------------
nVidia User Group - bought and paid for
AMD_G@y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 01:10 PM   #5
DarthElvis
Radeon R300

DarthElvis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
That is sooo sigged
DarthElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 01:32 PM   #6
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Yes, only for Apple. Do Apple users think more expensive is better than cheap? Yeah right...LOL!

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:03 AM   #8
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Yes, only for Apple. Do Apple users think more expensive is better than cheap? Yeah right...LOL!
Under the normal "You get what you pay for" rules, they'd be right. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way in this instance.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 05:19 PM   #9
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

And Apple probably pays less than everyone else for the GPUs.
Which would actually hurt AMD
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 02:34 AM   #10
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
And Apple probably pays less than everyone else for the GPUs.
Which would actually hurt AMD

I don't think the deal was so bad because they don't really have choices (apple i mean).Remember the Nvidia gpu fiasco that influenced apple too and apple manager showed nvidia the door from what i remember..Of course if you are smart you buy a normal 4870 and change the id.