Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 13, 2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Booby-trapped safe sends burglars flying.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/0...Rq5cts.twitter

Two men who allegedly broke into a Hopkinton, New Hampshire business on Tuesday morning were killed in a massive explosion, officials said.

The State Fire Marshal says that the men, identified as Lucas Bourke, 21, of Allenstown and Ethan Keeler, 21, of Epsom, were using an oxy-acetylene blow torch to try and cut into a large safe inside a workshop at New Yard Landscaping on Farrington Corner Road.

That safe contained a large amount of commercial-grade fireworks, which exploded.

The two men were killed in the blast.

“I think he just didn’t know who he was yet,” said Kent Keeler. “I feel like he was trying to find out where he belongs.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

haha the perfect out come.

Reminds me of this, best car alarm ever

http://youtu.be/CvJp1X3qiog?t=50s
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2013, 09:20 PM   #3
IamHere
Banned

IamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Lawsuit incoming in 5,4,3.... Sadly.
IamHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 14, 2013, 12:23 AM   #4
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Master Criminals!
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 12:24 AM   #5
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

The safe was not booby trapped has you said, the safe owner just add a bunch off fireworks stored on it, to bad for the burglars and also for the owner because he perhaps lost on the explosion more then the fireworks, i hope he has insurance.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 01:05 AM   #6
Redshirt_X
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My God, I know there was a Looney Tunes short that went pretty much like this...

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 01:24 AM   #7
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Call me names, but I am not in favour of thieves blowing up
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 01:58 AM   #8
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I could care less. Bad luck for them I guess.

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 02:04 AM   #9
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

no sympathy from me. If you want to do crime... you have to take risk.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 05:20 AM   #10
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

We were talking about this at work the other day seeing as it's one town over and my coworker knew the one of the dumb asses that broke in.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 05:39 AM   #11
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

An unfortunate career choice, leading down a somewhat unexpected path.
That´s the way she goes sometimes.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 08:06 AM   #12
Redeemed
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I laughed heartily. I'm just not in favor of thieves. These guys opted to play a stupid game, and were justly awarded their stupid prize.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
congratulations on the anniversary of your emancipation from the Great Uterine Squeeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
There are two types of people in the world: those that are humble and those that will be.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 09:39 AM   #13
RFtinkerer
Not with it

RFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Old Oct 14, 2013, 09:50 AM   #14
IamHere
Banned

IamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppersIamHere has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I am, hell that would stop most crime. Booby trap cars, houses, anything else that gets broken into. Watch crime rates plummet to all time lows.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:08 AM   #15
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

That business owner is about to go to prison in MA.

1) Fireworks are illegal in MA, so no lawful reason to have them in the safe.

2) Could be argued that he put the fireworks in there knowing they'd explode if someone cut into the safe (people have been prosecuted here for reinforcing their mailbox posts when drivers keep knocking them down after it causes an injury WHEN THE OTHER GUY ATTACKS YOUR PROPERTY) If someone has cut into his safe before then he's lucky if he gets off with as little as manslaughter... possibly a murder charge.

3) Our attorney general sucks.

http://bergheimfollies.blogspot.com/...owed-here.html

Edit: A few more nuggets for you. And she'll probably be the next governor?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...d-sexual-abuse
http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/296672.php

Edit 2: Just realized that this story was Hopkinton, NH not Hopkinton, MA. Maybe he's ok after all.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : Oct 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:09 AM   #16
IamHere
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
That business owner is about to go to prison in MA.

1) Fireworks are illegal in MA, so no lawful reason to have them in the safe.

2) Could be argued that he put the fireworks in there knowing they'd explode if someone cut into the safe (people have gone to jail here for reinforcing their mailbox posts when drivers keep knocking them down.)

3) Our attorney general sucks.

http://bergheimfollies.blogspot.com/...owed-here.html
If so, you all need to take control of your state. That is just plain sick.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:02 AM   #17
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

1: maybe he's also licensed as a pyrotechnician.
2: your state is retarded.
3: your state is retarded.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:06 AM   #18
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Exploding burglers? I have no problem with that.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:09 AM   #19
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

must...repost...
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:10 AM   #20
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Although I have no idea if torching a safe is standard procedure or not I'd say this was more bad luck than Darwinism...
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:57 AM   #21
RFtinkerer
Not with it

RFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Nonetheless, the gene pool is now improved by a tiny percent.