Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:09 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Droid Razr pre-ordering starting today

The pre-orders on the upcoming Verizon Droid Razr is starting today. I'm more or less decided on getting this phone, but may wait a month or so until Amazon offers up a slightly lower price than this $299 mumbo jumbo. Anyway, looks sweet and I look forward to holding one.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

I was excited about this phone till the $299 price tag. Pretty steep. Still, this might be the phone I get since it'll upgrade to 4.0 eventually.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
I was excited about this phone till the $299 price tag. Pretty steep. Still, this might be the phone I get since it'll upgrade to 4.0 eventually.
For some reason Verizon thinks that jacking the prices up is fair, yet it is still possible to get some $299 phones at the $199 price. My mom got the Bionic at $199 by trading in her eris.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:25 PM   #4
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

How does that work? I show up with my Droid 2 and ask to trade? I didn't know I could do that.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:53 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
How does that work? I show up with my Droid 2 and ask to trade? I didn't know I could do that.
My mom did it through telesales.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:05 PM   #6
kakarot
Radeon Caribbean Islands

kakarot is still being judged by the masses

https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/Home.aspx

Better off using ebay or selling in the forums imho.
kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:29 PM   #7
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Well I went down to the store and ordered one. Will report back in... two weeks I guess.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:07 AM   #8
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
For some reason Verizon thinks that jacking the prices up is fair, yet it is still possible to get some $299 phones at the $199 price. My mom got the Bionic at $199 by trading in her eris.
Also if you wait about a month usually Amazon offers them at the $199 to $149 range. This is what I'm banking on. I'd sell the Eris on Gazelle.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:21 PM   #9
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

A co-worker of mine ordered one. Since it was time for his 2-year upgrade, he got it for $249. This will be his first smartphone ever.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:08 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Also if you wait about a month usually Amazon offers them at the $199 to $149 range. This is what I'm banking on. I'd sell the Eris on Gazelle.
No one wants an Eris and they sure as hell wouldn't pay $100 for it. Eris is a piece of crap.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:09 PM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post
A co-worker of mine ordered one. Since it was time for his 2-year upgrade, he got it for $249. This will be his first smartphone ever.
He made a wise choice, he gets to skip all the crappy battery life we all had to endure
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:11 AM   #12
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
He made a wise choice, he gets to skip all the crappy battery life we all had to endure
Tell me about it, I have a HTC Thunderbolt, that thinks sucks the battery dry like a two-bit whore.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:17 AM   #13
Kovster
SV650s

Kovster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post
Tell me about it, I have a HTC Thunderbolt, that thinks sucks the battery dry like a two-bit whore.
Just get the extend battery, I get well over 14hours per charge with moderate use, and on LTE all the time.
Kovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:15 PM   #14
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Won't an extended battery both add cost and make the phone thicker?

Old Nov 1, 2011, 04:28 PM   #15
kakarot
Radeon Caribbean Islands

kakarot is still being judged by the masses

check out these monsters
kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 03:50 AM   #16
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Is that an extended battery Thunderbolt in your pocket or a small laptop? I'm big time down on this plus size crap... trust me, in a decade they will look back and LAUGH at the size of phones you people are lugging around. Like the 1980's brick phones. Thinner and sleeker with screens to the absolute edge is the wave of the future and the Razr is the first assault of this idea (not that the screen is all the way to the edge or anything, but it IS slim).