Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 14, 2020, 08:41 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Seems like side quests are a little lame in this one.
God I hate that crap. Walk 10 seconds from the start of the side mission, press button, walk back. How do their playtesters go through these missions with a straight face?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 04:51 AM   #122
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Seems like side quests are a little lame in this one.

Side quests will not be denoted on the mini map, instead you'll have to go wandering around looking for them, much like the Witcher 3. I don't mind this approach, gives incentive to spend that extra time playing the game but would only be beneficial if the game is something you really enjoy.
Goode luck with that exporation. The game worlds bigger than odyssey...
Old Jul 15, 2020, 04:58 AM   #123
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So long as the map shows where I have been, we are apples.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 15, 2020, 01:26 PM   #124
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This game looks phenomenal.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 06:54 PM   #125
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Some old mechanics coming back

Quote:
We do bring social stealth back in a lot of our quests and a lot of parts in our world," said assistant level design director Laurence Letalien "We do have this mechanic of disguise where you can put your hood on and in different locations where you want to blend in more get less detected, you can put it on and it's a mechanic you can use to social stealth between crowds. We are also bringing back the social stealth of the monks walking around you can blend with them."
Old Jul 19, 2020, 03:51 AM   #126
Megaman
Packing heat!

I used 100 uplay coins and picked it up for $71. Next up, Ampere GPU......Can't wait!
Old Jul 19, 2020, 07:48 AM   #127
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I used 100 uplay coins and picked it up for $71. Next up, Ampere GPU......Can't wait!
I thought you could not use uplay coins for pre release titles....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2020, 07:49 AM   #128
Megaman
Packing heat!

Worked for me. Saved $18
Old Jul 19, 2020, 07:56 AM   #129
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Worked for me. Saved $18

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2020, 03:22 AM   #130
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

pretty unimpressed with the soundtrack. Loved each of the composers previous AC soundtracks & was looking forward to this. this one doesnt sound emotional or as epic, all a bit samey. Unless theres more to it when the game is properly released.

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo

Last edited by ATI FURY-OUS : Jul 22, 2020 at 03:10 AM.
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2020, 09:07 AM   #131
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

The soundtrack is made by the dude who did ac2 as well lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2020, 09:19 AM   #132
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Sarah Schachner too who did the entire Origins soundtrack.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2020, 09:52 PM   #133
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah couldn't remember the other one. thanks.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2020, 03:53 AM   #134
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Ghost of Tsushima is going to be hard to beat this year for me for the best open world game of 2020. Let's see what Valhalla has got.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2020, 04:09 AM   #135
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

But Ghost of Tsushima is Ass Creed in Japan.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2020, 09:56 AM   #136
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm loving Ghost of Tsushima but while the combat is miles ahead of AC, the exploration is just OK. The game is missing something that I don't know how to put it in words. It just feels less epic or something.

Have not looked to much into Valhalla, but Odyssey in a viking setting sound awesome. What could go wrong?
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2020, 08:33 AM   #137
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ubisoft must be what critics mean when they say AAA studios are creatively bankrupt.
This is quite the good thing they have going with rehashing AC and Far Cry again and again.

I guess designing a new fantasy adventure in the Prince of Persia or BG&E universe requires just too much creative vision.

Everyone hates on EA for their business practices but damn atleast they try different things.
saumilsingh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:53 AM   #138
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Goode luck with that exporation. The game worlds bigger than odyssey...
The animation in Odyssy just threw me off. It seems so stiff and unrealistic with the movements. The horse is comical, no acceleration. Just get on and insta torque and speed. Breaks any level of immersion.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 09:02 AM   #139
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilsingh View Post
Ubisoft must be what critics mean when they say AAA studios are creatively bankrupt.
This is quite the good thing they have going with rehashing AC and Far Cry again and again.

I guess designing a new fantasy adventure in the Prince of Persia or BG&E universe requires just too much creative vision.

Everyone hates on EA for their business practices but damn atleast they try different things.
EA plays it super safe tho. The Sims, FIFA, and NFL, and Battlefield....
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:57 AM   #140
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
I disagree with this line of thinking, and I think a lot of other people do too. I quite enjoy them, and they appear to sell extremely well. So why change it?

It would be nice to see more original content as well, but I see no point (financially or otherwise) in killing off a currently successful product for no good reason.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 08:08 PM   #141
Megaman
Packing heat!

Some of the soundtracks from Valhalla.

https://smarturl.it/ACV-EP2
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:48 PM   #142
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I disagree with this line of thinking, and I think a lot of other people do too. I quite enjoy them, and they appear to sell extremely well. So why change it?

It would be nice to see more original content as well, but I see no point (financially or otherwise) in killing off a currently successful product for no good reason.
and that's half the reason.