Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Nov 13, 2000, 12:00 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
tschlief

tschlief is still being judged by the masses

Question

I don't get it. Everthing else, except for some map weirdness in Midtown Madness 2, runs perfectly with my Radeon 32 DDR. But Crimson Skies runs at 10 FPS. It runs faster in software mode, but I want D3D, obviously. It ran smooth with my old TNT2, which I'm considering going back to, but I love the image quality of the Radeon.

I've already read the other posts in this section, and I've seen no real answers. Anyone??

ABIT KT7-RAID (RAID disabled)
600 Duron @ 800
256 MB PC100 Samsung SDRAM
7020 Drivers
tschlief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2000, 01:05 AM   #2
Draeron
Radeon R100

Draeron is still being judged by the masses

Red face

I got the same problem, it run smooth on my Rage Fury so it must be the drivers or something.

a+
Draeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2000, 02:02 AM   #3
Wotan81
Radeon Northern Islands

Wotan81 is still being judged by the masses

I have an Fury Pro and a Radeon 32 and both work as they should with Crimson Skies
Wotan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 13, 2000, 06:34 AM   #4
Ogreboy
Computer: 2000 dollars, Internet: 40 dollars, Getting owned by an Admin after crashing his computer with a stupid link = Priceless

Ogreboy is still being judged by the masses

I get the same problem as tschlief.. It's weird, almost 50/50 for those who have problems and those for whom it works flawlessly.. I use a KT7-Raid and a Thunderbird.. hmmm. Hey, Draeron and Wotan, what mobos/cpus do you have?
Ogreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2000, 08:29 AM   #5
Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy

I had an Abit KA7 and now I have a KT7-RAID / Thunderbird 800, and I had the same thing. No matter what res or colour depth, it runs like a pile of crap. I think its just another bug in a Microsoft product.
Chicane-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2000, 11:51 AM   #6
Jolt2
Radeon R300

Jolt2 is still being judged by the masses

Crimson Skies runs fine for me. It comes up with a box, before the game loads, asking what video device and res to use. I never checked that box so it keeps asking me each time it loads. The pictures looks great and play is smooth.

I have a Abit BX6-R2 broad with the old Intel BX chipset. I am running DX7 with the 3063 drivers.

I did have a problem with Need for Speed - Porsche Unleashed. This game was installed and setup with my old video card and I could not get it the switch over to the Radeon. The only thing that worked was to delete the game and re-install it. After that everything worked great. If you are replacing a video card, maybe re-installing the game would help.
Jolt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2000, 12:16 PM   #7
tschlief

tschlief is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy

Chicane-UK, I posted this because I had seen your original post and it had died down. I thought I saw somewhere, maybe in this forum, one of the Crimson Skies QA people looking at this problem.

It almost looks like a VIA/Radeon problem. Although, the real problem must lie within Crimson Skies itself. I'm thinking of putting the Radeon in my other computer (Dell/Intel) just to see if it goes away, which I think it will.
tschlief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2000, 01:26 PM   #8
PeteK

PeteK is still being judged by the masses

While Crimson Skies is working on the new system (PIII 866 with Radeon 32M DDR - MB is Intel D815EEA) it is barely faster than my old system (PII 350 with Matrox 400). Both under WinMe.
This is in contrast to Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed which is far faster (and better looking) on the Radeon.
PeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2000, 05:11 PM   #9
Baenwort
Radeon R200

Baenwort is still being judged by the masses

I've got a Duron and ABIT KT7 and I haven't had any trouble runing Crimsion Skies in 1078x764. I found that useing 32bit color by useing command line -32bps(not certain on command line as I've uninstalled Crimsion Skies once I beat it) got rid of the banding. I had to drop to 800x600 to get good frame rates over NY City though in 32bit or turn off some of the details.
Baenwort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2000, 05:58 PM   #10
SirXcalibur
Admin in Shining Armour

SirXcalibur is still being judged by the masses

Talking

I am moving this to the proper topic.
SirXcalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2000, 01:42 AM   #11
Ogreboy
Computer: 2000 dollars, Internet: 40 dollars, Getting owned by an Admin after crashing his computer with a stupid link = Priceless

Ogreboy is still being judged by the masses

Hmm, yeah, it is starting to definately look like a problem with VIA or AMD. But now that we know what the possible problem is, who do we contact to look into it?
Ogreboy is offline   Reply With Quote