Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 6, 2019, 09:44 AM   #901
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jimjobob
Radeon Sea Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Are you sure your light is fully charged? It goes dim if you don't charge it.
Lol, yes, I know how the charger works in these games. The player flashlight cast shadows but they are BS shadows that dont behave realistically. Honestly we have had better shadows from player light sources for 15 years+. Check it out for yourself.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:02 AM   #902
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Lol, yes, I know how the charger works in these games. The player flashlight cast shadows but they are BS shadows that dont behave realistically. Honestly we have had better shadows from player light sources for 15 years+. Check it out for yourself.
I will, had not noticed anything before you mentioned it.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2019, 09:27 AM   #903
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What an absolutely fantastic game. Totally worth the price of admission. Loved everything about it. Even the bad ending. Steam says 18 hours played. I would guess maybe 16/17. I think I left the game running at some point.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:02 AM   #904
jimjobob
Radeon Sea Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What an absolutely fantastic game. Totally worth the price of admission. Loved everything about it. Even the bad ending. Steam says 18 hours played. I would guess maybe 16/17. I think I left the game running at some point.
Now go get a 2080ti and play it again.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:06 AM   #905
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Now go get a 2080ti and play it again.
Indeed.

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2019, 09:37 AM   #906
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

One thing I really don't like about this series is lack of continuity in first game Artyom mentioned he didn't remember life before the Metro, but in Last Light he said he did and near the end he did remembers everything before the bomb fell.

Worse of all there are no Dark Ones in Exodus AT ALL. Not even a whisper. One more thing, I thought they have a kid back in the last part of Last Light, or am I mistaken?
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:07 AM   #907
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
One thing I really don't like about this series is lack of continuity in first game Artyom mentioned he didn't remember life before the Metro, but in Last Light he said he did and near the end he did remembers everything before the bomb fell.

Worse of all there are no Dark Ones in Exodus AT ALL. Not even a whisper. One more thing, I thought they have a kid back in the last part of Last Light, or am I mistaken?
The Dark Ones were nuked, no?

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:29 AM   #908
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

No, no kid. That must have been something else. As for the dark ones, the canon is they were nuked, however that also doesn't follow the plotline as there is no evidence of the nuke damage.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:32 AM   #909
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
The Dark Ones were nuked, no?
That was the storyline for Last Light, it ignored the good ending of the first game and assumed you destroyed them. But they still exist in Last Light. You even had to save one of their kids in Last Light. And he rejoins his group, but i think there's also a snippet somewhere in the end of Last Light where it states they will leave humanity for now, but return at a later date. Probably in Metro 4 or 5.

Also are we using spoilers for Last Light? I'm pretty sure most of us played it and know what it's about.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2019, 01:41 AM   #910
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Worth getting a 2080 just to see RTX effects in this game at 1440P?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 01:55 AM   #911
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Let us know how that Turing card goes.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2019, 04:31 AM   #912
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

RTX OFF = game sux ….
Old Mar 16, 2019, 05:40 AM   #913
KAC
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
RTX OFF = game sux ….
Gay where dat RTX card?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 07:31 AM   #914
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

On the shelf.... waiting for the real upgrade.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 09:40 AM   #915
jimjobob
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Gay just buy it already. All you're doing is wasting time out of your day thinking about it and wasting time you could be enjoying it. There will be more games.

Think of it this way, how much money could you have earned had you worked the time you have wasted looking at them and thinking about buying one? Bet it would have been enough to pay for more than one of them.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 01:16 PM   #916
KAC
KAC

I am a bit strapped for cash right now. Will see.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:08 AM   #917
Spencer
Today's F word: Fabulous

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

So I played through one of the endings, the good one, and it looked like to me the main skill or only skill used in the "boss" fight that happens before the ending videos is key mashing.

That's not to put down the Dead City region or most of the game. There's an area a few hundred meters long in the middle of the Dead City area where you can take off your mask. Which makes me quite happy because the graphics are way more sharper and cleaner without the mask.

Ok now this post is turning into too long mode. But come on I have to bring to your attention about looking for an answer to a question unless it got mentioned before. Why does the middle area of the Dead City region have such low levels of radiation that you don't even need the gas mask?

It doesn't seem to fit with realism. It's like a magical very low radiation zone in the middle of a contaminated region. Could it be the devs wanted to show off at least some of the visuals of the Dead City in a nice in-focus manner? If so that's fine with me and I'll wait for a user mod that let's you go around everywhere without wearing a mask.

Last edited by Spencer : Mar 17, 2019 at 12:13 AM.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2019, 09:09 AM   #918
KAC
KAC

Which region are you talking about? The only place that you could take off mask was the tunnels.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 03:26 PM   #919
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Which region are you talking about? The only place that you could take off mask was the tunnels.
False
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2019, 03:58 PM   #920
Spencer
Today's F word: Fabulous

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

It's in the middle area of the tunnels (for the no mask part.) In the first part of the tunnels the mask is needed which annoyed me. Then in the middle I was all happy faced to play with no mask. Then turned sad faced when it said to put the mask back on in the later areas of the tunnels (in the Dead City.)

And with that I just have to go on a rant. Look it, it's not likely the devs would let you take off your mask in all of the tunnels and they don't. Ok let's suppose for the sake of this conversation they let you take off your mask as soon as you enter the tunnels/interior in the Dead City after the long truck drive and walk outdoors with the mask.

I bet you guys would think it really odd if you could suddenly take off your mask just because you went indoors after all that walking/running in a significantly contaminated area. It would've been a too obvious change in realism. So imho the devs may have sort of sneaked in a segment of tunnels where the mask is not needed. And that's in the middle part of the tunnels. And that's where they can showcase these very cool looking interiors even more by letting you see it clearly without the mask.

Edit - forgot someone can just say the middle area of the tunnels is protected from any serious radiation by more walls and such than near the outer areas next to the outside. Well that assumes the roof areas are still intact. If it has some little holes from the war then you're are probably radiated dead unless the middle tunnels are several floors below. But we don't know if there's just the roof above or if there are 1, 2 or 3 or however many floors above you providing protection in those tunnels.

Oh and don't forget to close the doors behind you when you enter the clean middle section of the tunnels. Ha got you there. That could be the downfall of anyone arguing that's it's expected that you can roam in the middle areas of the tunnels without a mask. Unless there's going to be a debate about how quickly can you open and close a door between a high radiation area and very low radiation area and not let in enough radiation to kill you. Have at it. And don't bring up the possibility of decontamination buffer rooms. I didn't see any of those bordering the middle section of the tunnels.

So a recap to make this more understandable is mask on during the truck drive and walk/run. Mask still on at early parts of tunnels/interiors. No mask in middle of tunnels/interiors. And mask on in later parts of tunnels/interiors. Mask on in boss fight outdoors. Then the long end video.

Edit - this is all when the ending is the good one. If what I said about the mask is changed in any way when the ending is the bad one I wouldn't know at this point. Haven't played the Dead City with the bad ending. And maybe there's another place I missed where you don't need the mask as Nunz was indicating.

Last edited by Spencer : Mar 17, 2019 at 07:33 PM.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2019, 09:19 PM   #921
KAC
KAC

Middle of tunnels does not require the mask similar to other Metro games since they were in a tunnel bunker sort of a thing just like the previous 2 metro games which had intermittent usage of masks.

About the radiation realism. Man it’s a video game. They let you wipe your mask to portray realism. Next thing you would want to watch is Artyom taking a dump.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 09:01 AM   #922
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
About the radiation realism. Man it’s a video game. They let you wipe your mask to portray realism. Next thing you would want to watch is Artyom taking a dump.

yoz
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:38 PM   #923
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Great game. With a 2080 and a gysnc monitor it was just amazing. Average 80 to 100 FPS except the desert where I'd drop to 50 at times. Playing with everything maxed.

So incredible, one of the best looking games I've ever played. Jesus, driving in the last mission was jaw dropping. Maybe BF5 looked as good but had a limited SP which did not draw me in.

There were some poor graphics, mostly poor texture blending.. (I don't know what to call it) when a wall meets the floor. Story was fun and engaging.
theduce is offline   Reply With Quote