Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Thumbs up The "Staying Up Late To Pre-Order iPhone 5" thread (post while we wait))

For all those burning time until 12 PT for iPhone 5 preorders... post in and let's do the count down together.

And if any of you have any tips/thoughts of how to better prepare for getting in virtual line first, pipe in.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:30 AM   #2
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Are you gonna be one of the first inline for an otterbox too lol.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:41 AM   #3
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Im on the west coast.. so I dont really have to stay up for anything. My usual bed time is well past 12pst.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:17 AM   #4
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

laaaaaame

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:29 AM   #5
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

30 minutes guys...

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:37 AM   #6
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I am debating which one will have the highest resell value lol.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:38 AM   #7
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thats a fair point since its one of the main reasons I'm getting one. Do you see an equal return on the 32gb as the 16gb?

Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:45 AM   #8
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

I sold about 40ish iphone 4s and I noticed at launch I would get 100 or more for the difference. Couple months later around 50 bucks lol of 16 vs 32. I was thinking of getting the 64 as well. It holds up a bit a year later we are looking at like 100ish on the 64gb. However, selling close to launch it will price as high as 300 more than the 16gb to people. I am buying 2 on sprint one for me and one for my mom. I currently use an itouch as a source for my music, would be nice to replace it, but I don't know about strapping my phone to my portable amp/dac seems kinda dumb which would make the high capacity kind of useless to me. Also since they changed the connector I would have to wait till someone releases a new dac override cable. Also, I might resell quick. I tend to get frustrated with iphones fairly quickly after the iphone 4. I switched back and forth my 4s about 4 times and each time it didn't last 2 weeks lol. Like I've posted before I'll entertain the iphone 5 for a week or two and I'll prolly find myself back on my s3. LTE was big factor with the 4s since I was using verizon. However, right now LTE on sprint isn't deployed till next month in nyc. While, I personally don't have a problem with s3 sizing but there are times where I wish it was a tad smaller but I love the screen size at the same time lol. Guess it's why I always have an iphone and an android or two to swap around with.

Last edited by nycdarkness : Sep 14, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:48 AM   #9
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

What would advise for somebody who intends to hold the phone for a year + and then sell after I upgrade?

Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:51 AM   #10
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

I would go with the 16gb. You will get more than what you paid on contract if you are getting thru upgrade. The others it's really a gamble. You may get 100 more for each up but then again you may not. Also depends on what carrier. With verizon and sprint I would say safe bet is 16gb. ATT ones have the best resale value. Apps don't take that much space unless you need to have a crap ton on your phone or want to place a lot of loseless audio. If you don't have the need for either then stay away from the 32 and 64.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:53 AM   #11
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah I'm on Verizon... so 16gb it is then thx

Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:57 AM   #12
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Really wish apple would just incorporate SD cards into the mix. *hugs 96gb s3*

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:03 AM   #13
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Wow lol laggalicious at sprint.com haha Ugh this is where having an employee based account shoots you in the ass, cant preorder at apple.com

Last edited by nycdarkness : Sep 14, 2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:09 AM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

apples store is still down for me

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:11 AM   #15
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
apples store is still down for me
it's up for me just fine and no lag just "my account type is not supported' lol Sprint website isnt even working. It's defaulting to a prior version of the site LOL.

Last edited by nycdarkness : Sep 14, 2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:22 AM   #16
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Verizon was up... just finished checkout. I actually got in at 11:54! Scored a pre-order! Try your carrier's site. Nobody thinks to use them.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:25 AM   #17
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Verizon was up... just finished checkout. I actually got in at 11:54! Scored a pre-order! Try your carrier's site. Nobody thinks to use them.
im at the sprint site since I cant do it thru apple. **** is so borked lol. In other news I have gotten order confirmation from verizon business lol.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:25 AM   #18
logical
What is my purpose?

I couldnt get on Apples website. I went through ATT but they said they would change my plan so I decided not to order through them.

I used the iPhone app to order my phone.. and it looks as though my plan should stay the same.

The apple store is still down for me.

Last edited by logical : Sep 14, 2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:30 AM   #19
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Looks like Apple didn't prepare for this like they should have At least we got through somehow.

Anyway I'm think cases now... what do you call those silicone cases that just go along the rim of the frame with no backing? Like a bumper. Think that they'll have those ready for launch? I really hate bulky cases.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:34 AM   #20
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Looks like Apple didn't prepare for this like they should have At least we got through somehow.

Anyway I'm think cases now... what do you call those silicone cases that just go along the rim of the frame with no backing? Like a bumper. Think that they'll have those ready for launch? I really hate bulky cases.
I have had a case on my iPhone 4 for 2 years now. The thing even has a thin layer cover over the back glass. Its basically like it was when I bought it. I think I am going to rock this phone without a case.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:40 AM   #21
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

This is annoying. I stayed up to order this **** on sprint and the site isn't even working.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:43 AM   #22
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

So Apple only let me order one "carrier activated" phone (couldn't have a second one in the Cart and proceed to checkout). There's no way through Apple to upgrade the other phone... my wife's... she's gonna kill me if I have a new phone and she doesn't.

So I go to ATT and they suck. All this time to prep or rent bandwidth from Amazon for uptime etc. and I'm stuck part way through the process of checking for eligibility on my wife's phone (we're both eligible).

I have discounts on the current plan and it'd be grandfathered etc. on unlimited data so I didn't want to sign up on a new plan. Silly me for being a good existing customer.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:46 AM   #23
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone View Post
So Apple only let me order one "carrier activated" phone (couldn't have a second one in the Cart and proceed to checkout). There's no way through Apple to upgrade the other phone... my wife's... she's gonna kill me if I have a new phone and she doesn't.

So I go to ATT and they suck. All this time to prep or rent bandwidth from Amazon for uptime etc. and I'm stuck part way through the process of checking for eligibility on my wife's phone (we're both eligible).

I have discounts on the current plan and it'd be grandfathered etc. on unlimited data so I didn't want to sign up on a new plan. Silly me for being a good existing customer.
I didnt order from ATT because when I went to check out it said parts of my plan were going to change... so I opted to go to apple directly.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:49 AM   #24
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I didnt order from ATT because when I went to check out it said parts of my plan were going to change... so I opted to go to apple directly.
Yes, I have one phone pre-ordered through apple but it wouldnt let me upgrade both phones on the plan. If I try the other phone number it tells me I have an order for that number already (I don't). ATT is my only choice to upgrade the second phone.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:56 AM   #25
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Feel your pain I am at the sprint site due to my employee based account lol. One hour already. 30 more mins and I say fck it.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:05 AM   #26
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone View Post
Yes, I have one phone pre-ordered through apple but it wouldnt let me upgrade both phones on the plan. If I try the other phone number it tells me I have an order for that number already (I don't). ATT is my only choice to upgrade the second phone.
Let me know if they change ur grandfathered plan with your wifes phone.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:05 AM   #27
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

By the way shipping has slipped to 2 weeks now instead of 21st. Nice going sprint. **** it lol.

Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:15 AM   #28
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

hmm just got thru on sprint finally. Still says 9/21 for me though hmm odd. Got a black and white 64gb lol was hoping less ppl bought the 64 so i would get 21st >>

Last edited by nycdarkness : Sep 14, 2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:24 AM   #29
slaWter
Radeon R700

slaWter is still being judged by the masses

I was waiting this morning as well for the slim chance of an early pre-order in Switzerland. Well, didn't work out
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mid 2012 # Intel Core i7 2.7GHz # 16GB DDR3 1600MHz # nVidia 650M 1024MB # Samsung 830 768GB SATA 3.0 & 512GB USB 3.0 # 27" LED Cinema Display
Fileserver Intel Core i3 530 1.2GHz # 4GB DDR3 1333MHz # Intel X25-V G2 40GB, WDC Scorpio 250GB # 16TB RAID 6 + 24TB RAID 6 # Adaptec RAID 5405 w/ Chenbro CK12804 SAS Expander # Norco RPC 4220
slaWter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:21 AM   #30
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
For all those burning time until 12 PT for iPhone 5 preorders... post in and let's do the count down together.

And if any of you have any tips/thoughts of how to better prepare for getting in virtual line first, pipe in.
Please get an Otterbox, or you'll never be able to resell with the way you treat your phones.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote