Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:28 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Ah damn... i dont have those cars here. So,
Honda usually has their name stamped on the block.

BUt yeah, sexy specs indeed.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:00 PM   #242
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_k_w
Some shots I took with my phone while at the grocery store

omg the G-Wagon is the ugliest thing ever... it's an oversized xB with a Benz logo.

G-G-G-Gee

G-G-G-G-UNIT!

and minus the STi all those imports suck

*plays into to 'How We Do' by the game"

1996 Impala SS complete with an LT1 vette engine... the last true sedan
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro

Last edited by Shadowless : Feb 16, 2005 at 08:06 PM.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:04 PM   #243
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless
omg the G-Wagon is the ugliest thing ever... it's an oversized xB with a Benz logo.

G-G-G-Gee

G-G-G-G-UNIT!
i'd take a land-rover over a g-wagon anyday.

Hell, I could buy 2 or 3 land-rovers for the price of a g-wagon
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:06 PM   #244
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM

or 20 Landcruisers

Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:07 PM   #245
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

nah.

land rovers are over kill.

2005 Suburban 3/4 ton LT with Quadrasteer.... ya dont get 4 wheel steering on the 90K G-wagon.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:05 PM   #246
brandon_k_w
Blu-ray will win.

brandon_k_w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

No comment on your police car with clown wheels.

Besides, it was the interior I fell in love with. Never tested a Range Rover, but sitting in a G55 makes you feel like God:

The Mercedes Benz:

The Range Rover:

Last edited by brandon_k_w : Feb 16, 2005 at 09:18 PM.
brandon_k_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:48 PM   #247
RevolutioniZed
Banned

RevolutioniZed is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Besides, it was the interior I fell in love with. Never tested a Range Rover, but sitting in a G55 makes you feel like God:

The Mercedes Benz:

The Range Rover:

The Benz looks a lot better on the interior. My dad has an ML55 AMG which is REALLY nice. My mom just bought an Acura TL...just stopped by to show me actually...got some picz...

This car is sooooooo nice
RevolutioniZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:51 PM   #248
RevolutioniZed
Banned

Quote:

G-G-G-Gee

G-G-G-G-UNIT!

and minus the STi all those imports suck

*plays into to 'How We Do' by the game"

I love the quote " the last true sedan "

I'd take an E55, BMW M5, Audi S4, Acura RL/TL over that thing any day of the year. Lol all imports suck? Rightttt....Newbies are funny.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:56 PM   #249
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanCN47
I love the quote " the last true sedan "

I'd take an E55, BMW M5, Audi S4, Acura RL/TL over that thing any day of the year. Lol all imports suck? Rightttt....Newbies are funny.
I don't agree with "the last true sedan" either

However, Realize though that an E55, M5, S4, and Acura RL/TL are far out of the price range of some old ass impala...
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:05 PM   #250
RevolutioniZed
Banned

Quote:
I don't agree with "the last true sedan" either

However, Realize though that an E55, M5, S4, and Acura RL/TL are far out of the price range of some old ass impala...
If I had that impala I would paint it half white/ half black and put a siren on it. It'll pay for itself in a couple of weeks And you dont have to "charge" hot girls for tickets...there are other ways when you're a cop
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:10 PM   #251
Kr0n0s
Mad Modder

Kr0n0s is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreservedSwine
Just for sh*ts and giggles, what kind of $$ is he asking? I am a HUGE fan of the 63-67 vette

75k Canadian
we also have a 64 fuelie @ a more desireable 40k

once upon a time he was a vette guy, but then went back to his root with mopars. Now the collection is huge
Kr0n0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:13 PM   #252
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:

The Mercedes Benz:

The Range Rover:

i dont have an impala i was just showin a pic

believe... if i was as lucky to have a 96 SS... those rims wouldn't be anywhere near my wheel wells... those are terrible, but it was the first good pic google kicked back.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:13 PM   #253
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0n0s
75k Canadian
we also have a 64 fuelie @ a more desireable 40k

once upon a time he was a vette guy, but then went back to his root with mopars. Now the collection is huge

I should hope to hell the mileage is under 15k
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:33 PM   #254
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
That's either Veilside or wings west... either way.... uke:
the wide body one looks like sh*t... the non-wide body one looks semi decent... still not as good looking as just a stock 350z
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:36 PM   #255
Hordsak
Radeon Sea Islands

Hordsak is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave
go for a newer accord- mature, yet oh so stylish
You think the new Accords are stylish? Don't get me wrong, accords are nice cars, but personally I think the new ones look like crap. That back end is hideous. Interior though, now there's a winner. Don't forget a drive a grand prix.
Secondly, it would be more amicable to omit 'OFN' and like phrases which appear to carry some sort of inter-pragmatic content designed to be offensive, jarring, chastising, or otherwise infelicitous in a manner contextually relevant. If it's just that it's old or old news to you, go find something else to read.
Any Violators of Filburts rule will be reported by me.
Hordsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:39 PM   #256
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

i dig the mid 90s impala ss, but its a land boat... i'd take pretty much any import over it... i'm pretty certain just about any import sedan would out handle that thing... the impala ss may be fast(tho not very, especially being automatic only), but it has nothing in the handling department... its just a boat
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:49 PM   #257
Hordsak
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerte_X
This thread needs moar V8's.

Teh El Es Juan

I really need to get moar pics, all I have are night pics that I took when I first got it.
Sweet car. I'm all about american v8's. I had a 425 horse 81z, 4-speed M21, but for a daily driver, it was kinda harsh. So, I recently got a 98 GTP, because it's cheaper on gas, and has 4 doors =) I should be in the mid 13's this summer with the GTP What are you running?
Secondly, it would be more amicable to omit 'OFN' and like phrases which appear to carry some sort of inter-pragmatic content designed to be offensive, jarring, chastising, or otherwise infelicitous in a manner contextually relevant. If it's just that it's old or old news to you, go find something else to read.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:51 PM   #258
Hordsak
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
That's one V8 too many...

large displacement american V8's are so horribly inefficant

Italian and German V8's however...
I think the only thing that's inefficient is your spelling. Have you had your "demo" car to the track? I'd kinda like to see what you'd drive had you actually have to pay for it.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:52 PM   #259
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Yeah a bit... THO when u place the spoiler on it, it looks a heck of a lot better. IF i got the car, a spoiler is a must. For both sedan and coupe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordsak
You think the new Accords are stylish? Don't get me wrong, accords are nice cars, but personally I think the new ones look like crap. That back end is hideous. Interior though, now there's a winner. Don't forget a drive a grand prix.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:52 PM   #260
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
I think the only thing that's inefficient is your spelling. Have you had your "demo" car to the track? I'd kinda like to see what you'd drive had you actually have to pay for it.
What does that mean?

I'd still beat on whatever I got.

I haven't had the subie on a road course, but it has been to the drag strip. I was on a road course in portugal however.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:57 PM   #261
Hordsak
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
A 1.6l 4 cylinder putting out 160hp? thats 100hp/liter

Versus a 500hp 7 liter? Yeah... real efficiant use of displacement there. (71hp/liter)

Or if you want to get real extreme, RX-7, 250hp, 1.3liter, 192hp/liter...

WRX STi, 300hp, 2.5 liter... 120hp/liter.

Or a little differant, Stage 2 WRX... 310 chp, 2.0 liter... 155hp/liter

And back to V8's
1981 Ferrari 208 GTS, 2.9l V8, 240hp... 82hp/liter... that's still a better hp/displacement ratio

2001 BMW M5 394 Horsepower, 4.9 liter... 79hp/liter, still better.

And for really bad...
latest Camero SS... 5.7 liter, 325hp 57hp/liter

Lets see now... American car manufacturers still working with old mindsets, creating engines that really arent much differant from their former engines, whereas europe and japan sqeeze out every little bit of power they possibly can... Typical american mentality, Bigger is better, when in many cases, it is, but comparitivly, not so much better... And when size is close, the "lets make it bigger and rely on only that" fails.

I'm not saying american V8's are bad persay, But they are old, and US car manufacturers need to rethink what they are doing with their large displacement engines.
LOL! It's all about the torque manboy. Quit your bashing. When you compare the torque that lets say an import 4banger makes over a domestic v8, come and talk some inefficient numbers. Torque is where it's at there guy. Sure, and RX-7 can move, but can it move up a hill. Hell no.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:25 PM   #262
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
LOL! It's all about the torque manboy. Quit your bashing. When you compare the torque that lets say an import 4banger makes over a domestic v8, come and talk some inefficient numbers. Torque is where it's at there guy. Sure, and RX-7 can move, but can it move up a hill. Hell no.
you obviously have never seen a well done RX-7, they fly.

Torque alone does not equal speed.

We've been done talking about this for about 4 pages now, drop it, I'm not about to get back into it.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:31 PM   #263
Hordsak
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
you obviously have never seen a well done RX-7, they fly.

Torque alone does not equal speed.

We've been done talking about this for about 4 pages now, drop it, I'm not about to get back into it.
Fair enough. You know you've been owned.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:32 PM   #264
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
You betcha.

Congrats, you must be proud.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:51 AM   #265
Kr0n0s
Mad Modder

Kr0n0s is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

I should hope to hell the mileage is under 15k

have a look here

http://proteamcorvette.com/cars/294Q.htm

80k US, ours is clean, not mint. more of a driver/show car

its not a regular 67 vette, the 427 435hp tri power was as good as they got on the street, bettered only by a zl1
Kr0n0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 01:12 AM   #266
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0n0s
have a look here

http://proteamcorvette.com/cars/294Q.htm

80k US, ours is clean, not mint. more of a driver/show car

its not a regular 67 vette, the 427 435hp tri power was as good as they got on the street, bettered only by a zl1
That just seems really expensive for that car. I'm not much of a classic car person, but I dunno, that just seems really high.

Dad's '57 190SL is only worth about 25-30k, and it's got 50 grand on the clock, and it's in amazing shape bit of pitting on some of the chrome, and a few minor cuts in the top, but otherwise it looks cherry, interior is pristine.

It's not a corvette, but it is a 1957 convertable apple red mercedes.

I didn't think old vettes were worth THAT much.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 01:36 AM   #267
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
let me tell you about my last RX7... a 1988 RX-7 Turbo II... had a stock turbo from a 89-91 Turbo II, that was rebuilt by BNR, with a 60 trim exhaust impeller, pushed 17 psi in 4th gear and never came out of stoich... had 550 cc/min primary injectors, 720 cc/min secondaries, stock ecu with a Fuel Cut Defender, 3" down pipe, 3" straight pipe, ported wastegate, ported intake and exhaust ports, 12 lb aluminum flywheel, 89-91 transmission and rear end, eibach pro kit springs, an electric fan, and many other mods. it pulled 12.42 @ 121 mph in the 1/4. it was a very fast car. and a pull up hill? when i got the new motor built for the car, after break in, i took my friend for a ride, we were going down a road that i knew had a long straight with no police, only obstacle it had was a ~5 degree up grade hill that was roughly 3/4 of a mile long. i took my friend down this road, and went balls out. we flew over the top of that hill at 140 mph. it was like a friggin roller coaster. first thing he said, was "we're never doing that again"... he owns a WRX that he took into the 12's on stock turbo(12.92, forget his trap speed, wanna say 108). he was amazed by my car, and actually scared. that says plenty for RX7's. RX7's are very easy to get 400 hp out of, and with proper tuning, there are guys approaching 700 RWHP from these 1.3l torqueless motors. there is a guy in virginia with a 93 RX7 with stock 2 piece seals, making 692 RWHP, and pulling 9's. thats not even getting into 3 rotors. there are 800 hp 3 rotor's out there that are "streetable", and very reliable. and they have upwards of 700 lb's of torque, and actually have low end torque, which is similar, and sometimes better, than most american V8's. the 2.0l 3 Rotor is capable up to about 1000 hp. there was a 3 rotor rx8 made by acosta racing, with a T88 turbo, pushed 850 RWHP. on pump gas(92)

edit: oh and i forgot the mazda le mans car, from 91. 4 rotor 2.6l motor, 700 hp 900 lb-ft torque... what was that you were saying about its all about the torque manboy?
Quote:
touché

Last edited by Elysian : Feb 17, 2005 at 01:42 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:02 AM   #268
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

torque figures mean nothing without a decent rev. range and gearing.
And that's where power comes into play.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:58 AM   #269
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippthrough
torque figures mean nothing without a decent rev. range and gearing.
And that's where power comes into play.
QFT

i.e.: 500hp, 300lbft, and an engine that can effectively rev up to 10,000
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:23 AM   #270
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Some shots I took with my phone while at the grocery store

Should've waited and gotten the AMG one.
Oh well, at least you can climb over any obstacle when you go off road. 3-way locking dif.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote