Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:34 PM   #511
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Drakii
Grandmasta D

Drakii is still being judged by the masses

One of these days, I'll get some recent pics. Since these I've tinted the windows, and used a clay bar. Looks much better now..

And, yes ladies..a really..really big weiner.
Drakii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:20 PM   #512
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa
My soon to be departed, 8 years old, 284,000KM:

[IM]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/MasterGoa/Quebec-Tremblant/DSC_5908s.jpg[/IMG]
What happened MasterGoa? Did it just wear out? I'm looking at Nissan Altima's as one viable alternative to a minivan.
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:24 PM   #513
Aneska
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Aneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My POS car is mine again this weekend!!

YAY!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 6, 2006, 03:32 PM   #514
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I need some new pics, I don't think I have ever posted in this thread...

These are all from last fall though....
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:02 PM   #515
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

urk, you may want to blur our your licenceplate #s
cool little cars, don't give much for their longevity but if you are into pocket rockets its probably not a huge concern. Lots of bang for few bucks.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:23 PM   #516
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Just like this one, but with the Aero kit.

This thing will friggen fly! I'm trying to convince the wife I need the MREV+ upgrade... lol

Edit: PS... If any of you know a good reason (for the wife) why I need a super charger that would be great. hehe

Last edited by Greasy : Jun 6, 2006 at 05:38 PM.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:24 PM   #517
dementor
Catalyst Beta Tester

dementor is still being judged by the masses

Figured it's about time I get in on one of these threads.
Here's my current car: 2000 Civic Coupe Manual, It's a canadian "grand prix edition". I.E they gave me some useless stuff and took away important stuff. It's an Si for argument sake (for you American's thats your EX Engine). This is my second car, first was a 1992 Accord EX-R V6, which was sold just this past weekend. Hopefully I will get a new car this year or next. Loving the new VW GTI so that is looking like a strong possibility...

Secondary rig:Pentium 4 - 1400mhz w/ 768 megs SDRAM pc133 on a MSI 845 PRO Socket 423 w/ Intel 845 Chipset | 60gig & 40gig Maxtor 72000rpm ata133 liquid bearing HDs. Terratec Aureon Universe + Hauppage winTV card + Realtek RTL8139 NIC
ATi Radeon 9500pro AGP
Peripherals: Logitech z5300 5.1 speakers | Logitech mx3100 (including mx1000 mouse and keyboard) & mx518 mouse | Thrustmaster dual digital gamepad | Dell 2005fpw 20.1" widescreen LCD | Dell Axim X50V Pocket PC
A wise man once said: "[17:11] <GiBro> That ATi fot taking the afternoon for use!"
dementor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:28 PM   #518
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3
urk, you may want to blur our your licenceplate

Nah, that was only the junk paper (temporary) license plate.

Not too much of a concern.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 06:40 PM   #519
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy
6MT?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor
Man, you always keep your car looking spotless!
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:17 PM   #520
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor
Figured it's about time I get in on one of these threads.
Here's my current car: 2000 Civic Coupe Manual, It's a canadian "grand prix edition". I.E they gave me some useless stuff and took away important stuff. It's an Si for argument sake (for you American's thats your EX Engine). This is my second car, first was a 1992 Accord EX-R V6, which was sold just this past weekend. Hopefully I will get a new car this year or next. Loving the new VW GTI so that is looking like a strong possibility...

[IM]http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/1144/tints15ya.jpg[/IMG]
Similar to my only car. Cept mine is pearl clover (green) and has a crack in the front lip and rear bumper. My wife + snowbanks <> good times! Love the Honda manuals. We have twins in the oven so I'm not sure how much longer we'll stick with just the Civic. Been bangup reliable for over 200,000KM thus far. I think the catalytic converter may be on the way out. Starting to get louder under heavy acceleration.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:26 PM   #521
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

^^ Once you start to smell rotten eggs(idling), its usually time to change it up.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:01 PM   #522
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:09 PM   #523
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO**
6MT?!?!?
You know it.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:54 PM   #524
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
You know it.
OHhhhhhh very nice! I was looking at those before i bought my new ride. Around here the G35 03 Areo Kit MT6 goodness is going for about high 20k's CDN with decent milage.... Nice Cars, the only thing that detered me was the interior. It wasnt what i was looking for.

Race yeah!
Old Jun 7, 2006, 01:28 AM   #525
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
^^ Once you start to smell rotten eggs(idling), its usually time to change it up.
Yeah, I get that rotten egg smell only after driving really hard. So I'm guessing that's my cat?
Old Jun 7, 2006, 01:33 AM   #526
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian
Yeah, I get that rotten egg smell only after driving really hard. So I'm guessing that's my cat?
Yeah, but that could be normal. This happens alot on newer models as well. Theres too much pressure for the cat to fully filter, so i believe its normal. When its idle it shouldnt smell at all.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:59 AM   #527
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian
Thats the smell of burning rice
Old Jun 7, 2006, 03:59 PM   #528
henners
Radeon R520

henners is still being judged by the masses

Hi,

Here be my car

Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:10 PM   #529
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Thats the smell of burning rice
Rotten eggs? How do you cook your rice?
Old Jun 7, 2006, 04:10 PM   #530
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
OHhhhhhh very nice! I was looking at those before i bought my new ride. Around here the G35 03 Areo Kit MT6 goodness is going for about high 20k's CDN with decent milage.... Nice Cars, the only thing that detered me was the interior. It wasnt what i was looking for.

Race yeah!
They upgraded the interior in 05, but it's still not as nice as the Acura TL and Lexus IS350 I looked at. What sold me on the G was the way it handled and the power.

The thing will absolutely fly for a sedan. I want to do some mods that would have me sitting at around 350HP, but the wife isn't having it....
Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:12 PM   #531
MrSpock2002
Banned

MrSpock2002 is still being judged by the masses

Meet Alice!

I just bought her last thursday. 97.5 Buick Regal LS, with all the options, including 16" wheels. I really love it, the 3800 v6 is one of the best v6's ever made. Being the LS and not the GS it has no super charger.... I may have to get one for it.. I paid 3500 bucks. One thing that sucks, is the front bumper cover is a little busted under the drivers side fog light.... I got a bra for it though, should be here around friday. That will cover that up hehe.

Last edited by MrSpock2002 : Jun 7, 2006 at 07:16 PM.
MrSpock2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:25 PM   #532
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That looks a lot like my car, except I paid $7,000 for mine. It's a 2002 though. Same engine I'm sure though. I also wish I had the GS and not the LS, but I have almost all the GS options including rims, better suspension, etc.

My rims are cooler, but I like your color better.
lighting up the dark.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 07:34 PM   #533
MrSpock2002
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom
That looks a lot like my car, except I paid $7,000 for mine. It's a 2002 though. Same engine I'm sure though. I also wish I had the GS and not the LS, but I have almost all the GS options including rims, better suspension, etc.

My rims are cooler, but I like your color better.
Yeah the only GS option I dont have is the damn super charger.. I have the gran touring suspension etc.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 08:12 PM   #534
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
They upgraded the interior in 05, but it's still not as nice as the Acura TL and Lexus IS350 I looked at. What sold me on the G was the way it handled and the power.

The thing will absolutely fly for a sedan. I want to do some mods that would have me sitting at around 350HP, but the wife isn't having it....
Yeah a friend has one, 05 G35x and its fantastic. The sound and performance is amazing.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 08:41 PM   #535
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners
Hi,

Here be my car

How much were those rims buddy? And did you buy the clear signal lights from ebay? I was looking around for some to change out on my teg.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:25 PM   #536
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
What happened MasterGoa? Did it just wear out? I'm looking at Nissan Altima's as one viable alternative to a minivan.
No, it is just old.

I am looking into a manual 2004-2005 right now.

Lots of aftermarket and great allround for the price.

I work with my car so I need a reliable one. Mine is getting up there
and a few problems are showing up.

6 years and 250K KM will be fine for me next time.

8 years and 300K KM is a bit too much...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:38 AM   #537
MrSpock2002
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacid Dream
My car has 160,000 miles on her.

I her.

I love how most people think 100,000 miles is a lot.... Christ my parents Buick Riviera has 230,000 miles on it, and it is still running strong. We keep cars until they hit 200,000. If not more.

I just bought my car with 110,000 on it....
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:42 AM   #538
ScottDoom
It's Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpock2002
I love how most people think 100,000 miles is a lot.... Christ my parents Buick Riviera has 230,000 miles on it, and it is still running strong. We keep cars until they hit 200,000. If not more.

I just bought my car with 110,000 on it....
Yeah, my dad acted like it was all hell because my car had like 97,000 miles on it when I bought it. He was seriously limiting my car decisions because he wanted to have less than 60,000 miles.

If I would have had my way, I would own one of these:

I think it had 120,000 miles, and was an '86 or something. $4,500 I think.
lighting up the dark.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 01:02 AM   #539
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

I bought an 86 300z about 2 years ago... My bro bought it off me just before i made my purchase the other week. The car is in mint shape. Non turbo, ill post pics when i get a chance to take a few snaps! It actually helped me decide on the type of car that i bought. Driving the 300z made me appreciate the bigger sports car. After getting back into my integra, it was missing something. Things started to become too gokartish which made my hunger for a bigger car even more so.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 09:40 AM   #540
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa
No, it is just old.

I am looking into a manual 2004-2005 right now.

Lots of aftermarket and great allround for the price.

I work with my car so I need a reliable one. Mine is getting up there
and a few problems are showing up.

6 years and 250K KM will be fine for me next time.

8 years and 300K KM is a bit too much...
Drive it into the ground man. If its not giving you any mechanical problems why waste more money? When the car starts costing (per month) as much as another car payment, then you get a new car. Cars are a total waste of money. Just a horrible investment. Getting a new car because you don't like your old one anymore is silly. But hey! Its your choice. Figure I've hit the half-life with my Civic with 200K KM. Squeeze another 4-5 years out of her easily!