Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Mar 14, 2006, 05:35 AM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

you had to post a bigger pic than mine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 07:41 AM   #332
dark_preacher
Radeon Arctic Islands

Location: United States i'm no hero. never was. never will be.
dark_preacher is still being judged by the masses

hey scott,

i would put eagle alloy's on that car. just find a model number you like. i'd go with 077 or 168.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 10:50 AM   #333
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Not quite my car or so, but my dad is considering buying this:

A 1998 Alpina B10. I made a BMW fanboy out of my dad
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:34 AM   #334
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_preacher
hey scott,

i would put eagle alloy's on that car. just find a model number you like. i'd go with 077 or 168.
Eagle Alloys 025c

Eagle Alloys 192

I like those two.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:35 AM   #335
Jeff Lange
National Jeff Day!

Jeff Lange is still being judged by the masses

I've gone through a few cars this winter as winter beaters, haha.

First: 1985 Camry 4-door 5-speed, bought it for $50, put about $650 into it, drove it for a while, realized it needed like another $1200 to make it proper, and parked it on my driveway... it still sits there, I think I'm gonna trash it.

Next: 1985 Celica GT Hatch 5-speed, bought it for $600, it's a pretty decent car, but it's got a lot of small electrical glitches that are really bugging me, and the engine idles too low, had to replace the alternator, meh, it would last me the rest of the winter, but a good deal came up on something I wanted more, I'm still driving it, for another few days. Gonna sell it and get my $600 back.

Currently: 1987 Corolla GT-S Coupe, bought it for $800, it's kinda rusty (so was the Celica), moreso than my 86 GT-S though, but it has a lot of good parts I can use on my 86 GT-S when the time comes, and it will be a good reference for when I'm putting my 86 back together (it's all stripped in the garage, getting fixed up and ready for some fresh paint). The exterior is in "okay" shape I guess, nothing is falling off really, haha. The interior is in pretty good condition, save for a few minor issues, like the driver's seat being ripped.

My 1987 Corolla GT-S and 1985 Camry:

Just my 1987 Corolla GT-S (with more rust showing):

I don't have any pics of my Celica, but it looks like this (except Red, with steel wheels, an upper hatch spoiler, and more rust):

Then of course there's the summer cars.

My 1986 Corolla GT-S Coupe:

My 1988 Supra Turbo:
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:43 AM   #336
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That Camry is pimp. Where do you find cars like that? For some reason I want to go out and buy like a $100 car that runs that has no AC, no power anything, no deck, no speakers, etc. Just a box and an engine.
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:47 AM   #337
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom
That Camry is pimp. Where do you find cars like that? For some reason I want to go out and buy like a $100 car that runs that has no AC, no power anything, no deck, no speakers, etc. Just a box and an engine.
The Volvo 240 is for you.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:58 AM   #338
Jeff Lange
National Jeff Day!

Jeff Lange is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom
I dunno, there's a few places, haha, there should be some local "junker" dealerships, haha, we have "Farmer Jones" around here, as well as a few others, and auctions, etc.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna take it offroading and crash it into a tree or something, I dunno... I want to be able to drive it away so I don't have to pay to get it towed though, haha!

EDIT: I agree, the Volvo 240 is for you! . Or a Camry like mine except the deisel version, hehe.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:43 AM   #339
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

Jeff, you got excelent taste in cars

More of my new baby:

The monster D15B2 (sohc 1.5), 90HP baby

beside my bro's integra

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:46 AM   #340
ScottDoom
It's Okay

90HP. My Saturn had 85HP. My Buick has 200...
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:41 AM   #341
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I have no pics of my car. But in Soviet Russia, this car drives me:

Lada 112. Imagine it in dark green and you've got it.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:55 PM   #342
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Well its summer time which the sun was blazing and the temps are crawling upwards. So it was time to wash off the winter crud and summerize my ride. I still need to scrub out the interior, though i will get that done this weekend. Time to sud it up!!

**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:24 PM   #343
Deftones
Boned

Deftones is still being judged by the masses

so....are you gonna like... ban yourself?
Deftones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:26 PM   #344
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO**
Well its summer time which the sun was blazing and the temps are crawling upwards. So it was time to wash off the winter crud and summerize my ride. I still need to scrub out the interior, though i will get that done this weekend. Time to sud it up!!
Ugh I need to do mine as well. The inside is a complete mess, not to mention all the crap I've thrown in the trunk in an effort to avoid cleaning it properly. The outside needs a good wash and wax too.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:52 PM   #345
PreservedSwine
When's dinner?

PreservedSwine is still being judged by the masses

Good old American iron- Here's my 2003 Deville DTS! (which I'm selling... Just bought a new Escalade- it rocks! I'll take pic's of it someday)

I like my DTS, but the Escalade is soooooooo nice- I really, really, really like that one... I've still got my '03 F250 too. But the Escalade is now my favorite
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government—lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

Last edited by PreservedSwine : Apr 14, 2006 at 12:25 AM.
PreservedSwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:30 AM   #346
NissanNazi
Needs more boost!

NissanNazi is still being judged by the masses

Just finished the new motor on the Mustang

NissanNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 02:18 AM   #347
flyhigh
Rage3D Veteran

flyhigh is still being judged by the masses

Friend's 1993 Dodge Colt Still work in progress.

my car

flyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:23 AM   #348
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh
BWAHAHAHAHA!
Soooo ghetto it hurts!
Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:30 AM   #349
TRD Supra
Olivia`WiLdE!

TRD Supra is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
My 1988 Supra Turbo:
i love the old body style supra. my brother had one. we boosted it to 11 psi and had nice APEXi exhaust and a 3 inch down pipe, it was also targa top.
Saitek Eclipse | My Games | Panasonic 37" TC-37LZ800

Gigabyte mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo
EVGA 7800GT
GSkill 4GB 2x2
DELL 19" LCD
Seagate 120GB
Pioneer DVD Burner
Logitech Elite
Windows 7 Pro

TRD Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:35 AM   #350
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My car looks exactly like this one below:

Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 09:45 AM   #351
Sentri
Lost in Britannia

Sentri is still being judged by the masses

Sentri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:40 AM   #352
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreservedSwine
Good old American iron- Here's my 2003 Deville DTS! (which I'm selling... Just bought a new Escalade- it rocks! I'll take pic's of it someday)

I like my DTS, but the Escalade is soooooooo nice- I really, really, really like that one... I've still got my '03 F250 too. But the Escalade is now my favorite
Nice! You should upgrade that to a CTS though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNazi
Just finished the new motor on the Mustang

Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:39 PM   #353
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXiro
My car looks exactly like this one below:
Hey, how are you liking the 3's!? Im about to buy a car this summer and im not exactly sure on what to do anymore.

If i buy new, the 3 is a great buy which i may grab the sedan with the bigger engine with the package. If i buy used, im leaning towards the 03 Acura CL typeS or the 03 Accord V6 coupe with the sport package. I know the 3 and the others are totally different types of machines, but its more or less value for what you get. For under 20G's i could have a nice looking NEW car with the 3, with the other two i would be paying just over 20 for slightly used.

Mazda 3 160hp

03 Accord V6 240hp

03 Acura CL TypeS 270hp (must have sport package)
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:41 PM   #354
ScottDoom
It's Okay

I'd go with the Acura... Except why not the Acura TL Type-S? Those things are so sweeet.

Reasoning: Mazda, to me, just doesn't seem like much. I'm sure they're great cars, but with the reputation Honda/Acura has achieved I think they're a clear winner. Also, buying new just doesn't make sense to me. As soon as you get it, it's not new anymore... I mean, maybe for the first few months you can consider it "new" but not for much longer than that. A car is so much cheaper with just even 50,000 miles on it and most people don't tear cars up too much in that amount of time, especially if they're the first owners and it's a nicer car.
lighting up the dark.

Last edited by ScottDoom : Apr 14, 2006 at 12:43 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:43 PM   #355
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

I was thinking of that too, but which model? The newer style body is still too pricey for me. The 04, new body style, are over 30k still. The 03's are nice too... TypeS with Spoiler and 2" skirt. Hmm.. The only problem with the 03 acura's is that they tend to look a little, boring. Thats why i like the 03 accord, newer body style. Its a little more modern/sharper.

03 Acura (Must have stock sport package\)

I agree on the new use debate, which is another reason why i lean towards my used options. That and the style and level of car suits me more.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:11 PM   #356
Braham
Radeon R700

Braham is still being judged by the masses

My Car... had it for a year and a half now...
'01 330Ci

Last edited by Braham : Apr 14, 2006 at 03:16 PM.
Braham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:47 PM   #357
Turbo Brian
Radeon R520

Turbo Brian is still being judged by the masses

here's my 3 cars...

87 Buick Grand National

06 Pontiac GTO

97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP can be see in the background of the above pictures.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:48 PM   #358
NissanNazi
Needs more boost!

Nice GN

Wanna run em ?

Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:52 PM   #359
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

The GTO is probably my favorite North American Car right now... Meaning besides Viper and the Vettes. ITs clean, its cut, and its not over done. For a bigger car its kept pretty tight. Dunno about the colour though. Its good, but not my first choice. What about pics on the inside! How does it perform?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 03:58 PM   #360
NissanNazi
Needs more boost!

G.I. I can speak from experience on the GTO. The intereior is the best part of them. They look like a Cavalier on the outside and the performance just sucks. Of course I'm use to my 600 hp car but for a 400 hp the GTO just feels like a slug. I'm not saying they are bad cars but when I went to buy one and test drove it I was not impressed. Also a bunch of friend in a local car club I'm in have them they are not that happy with them.