Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 19, 2019, 02:06 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default The Plain Ole 2019 NFL Thread

Every adult male in KC:

Old Oct 19, 2019, 09:15 PM   #2
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

There's talk of the Chiefs trading for Mariota. Maybe he'll get something of a revival with a new team. He's had nothing but bad luck with the Titans.
The Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2019, 09:56 PM   #3
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

The Chiefs should pick up Kaepernick. That way I get to drag all the NFL threads into P&R.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:50 AM   #4
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
The Chiefs should pick up Kaepernick. That way I get to drag all the NFL threads into P&R.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 08:06 PM   #5
JZL
Starship Trooper

Wow, what weirdness at Arrowhead. The Vikings' faithful inundated the place. Props to them. I've never seen anything close to that there, even in the playoffs.

Mahomes' injury may be the best thing that ever happened to the Chiefs. The D finally woke the eff up. Of course, the return of Chris Jones didn't hurt, but they were gellin' even before that.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 08:12 PM   #6
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
The Chiefs should pick up Kaepernick. That way I get to drag all the P&R.
and why no one will pick him ever

…….

but you can put the NFL threads into "Front Page News "

no one look there

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 08:13 PM   #7
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Wow, what weirdness at Arrowhead. The Vikings' faithful inundated the place. Props to them. I've never seen anything close to that there, even in the playoffs.

Mahomes' injury may be the best thing that ever happened to the Chiefs. The D finally woke the eff up. Of course, the return of Chris Jones didn't hurt, but they were gellin' even before that.
nice win for the chiefs, Matt Moore is playing great. I heard a few months ago he was the QB coach on a high school football team, must be cool for the kids to be watching him now...

was most impressed with Baltimore last week, I was wondering if Jackson would collapse in the spotlight but he was up for the challenge. I thought they were thoroughly dominating NE until that idiot fumbled the punt return, I was soooo annoyed at the time...

I'm also optimistic about my Raiders, Gruden has had to deal with a ton of crap this year and a lot of critics last year over trading Mack and Cooper but they are playing some decent ball and trending up... next season I hope they use their high draft picks on D, their D is tooo soft right now... will be good to get Abrams back next year...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 08:16 PM   #8
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
The Chiefs should pick up Kaepernick.
not worth the distraction and before he even became controversial he was demoted to backup to Blaine Gabbert from what I recall...
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:18 PM   #9
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
was most impressed with Baltimore last week, I was wondering if Jackson would collapse in the spotlight but he was up for the challenge. I thought they were thoroughly dominating NE until that idiot fumbled the punt return, I was soooo annoyed at the time...
Oh, that slipped by me. We're down to the Niners now.
Are any of the old '72 Dolphins still around to celebrate the first loss of the last undefeated team? Garo perhaps? Oh, shoot, RIP (2015 @ age 70)
Old Nov 10, 2019, 07:03 PM   #10
JZL
Starship Trooper

Mahomes throws for 400+ and the Chiefs lose to the mighty Titans because their D went back to **** and because one of the stupidest plays I ever saw.

Why didn't they just give Tyreek Hill the ball and tell him to run the other way for a minute and then just step out for a safety?

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww
Old Nov 12, 2019, 09:23 AM   #11
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Actually a good Monday Night football game for a change. Disappointed the Niners choked, but still an entertaining game.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:26 AM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Actually a good Monday Night football game for a change. Disappointed the Niners rookie kicker choked, but still an entertaining game.
Fixed

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:05 AM   #13
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Naw, the offense in general choked. So many dropped/wild passes. Yes, the kicker missed, but there were several misses before the kicker had his one mishap.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:29 PM   #14
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Fixed
on their last 3 possessions Garoppolo threw some pretty bad passes, Seattle should have had a couple more pics if their linebackers could catch...
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:37 PM   #15
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
on their last 3 possessions Garoppolo threw some pretty bad passes, Seattle should have had a couple more pics if their linebackers could catch...
Wilson actually threw a pick.

Lets not even mention the fumble that went to the house

Gould would have knocked that kick in if healthy.

Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:48 PM   #16
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Holy **** that was insanity at the end of TNF

I wouldn't be surprised if Miles Garrett is suspended indefinitely
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:41 AM   #17
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Holy **** that was insanity at the end of TNF

I wouldn't be surprised if Miles Garrett is suspended indefinitely
He should be. I know of two instances where HS players who did that were charged with assault.
It's not uncommon in sports, e.g., football or boxing, etc., for there to be conduct which would easily be assault, but the players consent to it by playing so it isn't criminal. A player doesn't consent to being hit by a swung helmet, any more than Holyfield consented to Tyson biting his ear off.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:47 AM   #18
logical
What is my purpose?

Im pretty sure the NFL is going to go hard on this. The optics are very bad.. especially for a prime time game.

Old Nov 15, 2019, 09:36 AM   #19
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

One of the pittsburgh lineman will get a hefty suspension too, throwing punches and kicking Miles Garrett on the ground (but in the act of defending his QB).
huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 09:52 AM   #20
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

NFL is going to be handing out suspensions like Opera handing out cars.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:02 AM   #21
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
One of the pittsburgh lineman will get a hefty suspension too
I think he'll get a fine, but not a suspension.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:10 AM   #22
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
One of the pittsburgh lineman will get a hefty suspension too, throwing punches and kicking Miles Garrett on the ground (but in the act of defending his QB).
Pouncey should get a raise
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:13 AM   #23
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Pouncey should get a raise
He might from the team , but I think the NFL will likely give him a little bit of a fine just to put out the idea that they don't want to promote stopping a fight by fighting. However, likely for his salary, it will be just a drop in the bucket.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:24 AM   #24
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
NFL is going to be handing out suspensions like Opera handing out cars.
Opera? Or Oprah?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:56 AM   #25
logical
What is my purpose?

I think Pouncey will get a game. The NFL understands why he threw his punches and a kick but they cant condone that kick so hes going to get a game. Punches are acceptable but that one kick

I think Garrett should be done for the year and at least 1 game next year to get their point across that this can never happen. Theres 6 games left in the season so I would give him 8. The rest of the year gone and the beginning of next year too.

Garrett is really lucky Rudolph didnt get cut, concussed or hurt in any way cause he would probably chopped from the game indefinitely and real world assault would be charged on him.

I think a lot of people are downplaying the severity of what he did because they dont understand how bad that could have went and it seemed that Rudolph wasnt severely hurt. Im sure when that adrenaline wore off after the game his head was feeling that hit. Garrett is a HUGE guy, 6'4 270 and he pretty much lifted Rudolph who is 6'5 240 himself off the ground by his head before the hit even came. If that helmet swing would have been at a different angle this could be a completely different story with Rudolph severely hurt.

This wasnt quite Malice at the Palace type stuff, but for the NFL the optics are as bad as it gets on the field. I expect them to act accordingly.

Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:10 PM   #26
curio
𐐒ananaD

According to Rudolph's agent, assault charges are still on the table and they're exploring all options
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:13 PM   #27
curio
𐐒ananaD

Per Schefter, results are in:

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely.‬
‪Larry Ogunjobi suspended one game.‬
‪Maurkice Pouncey suspended three games.‬

Last edited by curio : Nov 15, 2019 at 12:51 PM.
curio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:16 PM   #28
logical
What is my purpose?

And 250k fines to each team as well. I think the NFL will stretch Garretts suspension when they look at it again next year.

Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:23 PM   #29
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I would guess 4-6 games next year as well. Man, that's two players this year to get indefinite suspensions. I doubt they let Burfect come back since he's been known as a dirty player for years.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:42 PM   #30
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Per Schefter, results are in:

‪Maurkice Pouncey suspended suspended three games.‬
wait, he's being suspended from being suspended...