Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 9, 2020, 03:13 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Default The new improved drama-free Star Wars Rise of Skywalker thread

Continue blasting/praising the film in this thread. Just keep it civil and limit criticisms to the movie itself, not to people who disagree with you.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 03:30 PM   #2
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Thank you Munky. We don't deserve people like you.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:01 PM   #3
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This is old news now.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:03 PM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I want the old thread back.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:10 PM   #5
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
This is not the thread you're looking for?

Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:20 PM   #6
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Well, the Rise of Skywalker was also a massive disappointment. So at least in this way, this thread and the movie have something in common.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:29 PM   #7
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
This is old news now.
Have you seen how long the Last Jedi thread went on?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:30 PM   #8
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Well, the Rise of Skywalker was also a massive disappointment. So at least in this way, this thread and the movie have something in common.

I liked it

and a lot of others
Quote:
Box Office: ‘Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker’ Should Hit $1 Billion By Saturday
https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisb.../#2c53f202d559

who in the last thread said it wouldn't do 600 mill
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:32 PM   #9
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I liked it

and a lot of others
I liked it as well, horses on top of Star Destroyers notwithstanding.

yoz
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:32 PM   #10
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I liked it

and a lot of others

https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisb.../#2c53f202d559

who in the last thread said it wouldn't do 600 mill
That was me.

Looks to me like RoS will make less $$ than Rogue One.

These numbers are just for domestic ticket sales, which are almost exactly half of the world-wide ticket sales. Double these values to apply to the world-wide take... The blue line needs to touch the 500 for RoS to gross a billion dollars.

RoS may still make it to a billion, but juuuuuust barely.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Jan 9, 2020 at 04:45 PM.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:33 PM   #11
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
This is not the thread you're looking for?

Yes, yes, this is the thread I'm looking for, I'll move along....

yoz
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:49 PM   #12
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Star Wars has officially planted itself firmly in the cinematic equivalent of watching whatever the latest Michael Bay movie is. Popcorn drivel that's big on special effects and light on story or plot or world building or compelling characters or really anything deeper than what's on the surface.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:54 PM   #13
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I think the fact RoS being the finale of the trilogy yet it is doing significantly worse at the box office than Force Awakens and TLJ is the real testament to the state of Star Wars.

Is it making boatloads of money? Sure. But its pretty obvious interest is more in decline than in growth, which is the exact opposite of where Disney wanted the franchise to be at this point. They messed up.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 04:56 PM   #14
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

[quote=SubCog;1338170491]That was me.

Looks to me like RoS will make less $$ than Rogue One.

These numbers are just for domestic ticket sales, which are almost exactly half of the world-wide ticket sales. Double these values to apply to the world-wide take... The blue line needs to touch the 500 for RoS to gross a billion dollars.

RoS may still make it to a billion, but juuuuuust barely.

[quote]

i find your lack of faith disturbing

and may baby yoda fly up your nose

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 05:00 PM   #15
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Yes, yes, this is the thread I'm looking for, I'll move along....
Old Jan 9, 2020, 05:08 PM   #16
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I think the fact RoS being the finale of the trilogy yet it is doing significantly worse at the box office than Force Awakens and TLJ is the real testament to the state of Star Wars.

Is it making boatloads of money? Sure. But its pretty obvious interest is more in decline than in growth, which is the exact opposite of where Disney wanted the franchise to be at this point. They messed up.
Disney may want to re-think how they handle the franchise in the future and who is running it.

yoz
Old Jan 9, 2020, 05:20 PM   #17
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Disney may want to re-think how they handle the franchise in the future and who is running it.
They announced a few months ago a new trilogy in the works, focusing on the earlier days of the Old Republic. And they brought Kevin Feige on to help plan out the work.

Quote:
Feige is set to produce a new "Star Wars" movie with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, The Hollywood Reporter first reported in September. Feige broke his silence on the project in an interview during THR's "Awards Chatter" podcast on Sunday, hinting that his movie will not be associated with the main Skywalker saga set to conclude in December with "The Rise of Skywalker."

"I love that world and I love the notion of exploring new people and new places in that universe, but that's all that can be said for now," Feige said.

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/marv...-plans-2019-11
So I'm actually a bit optimistic. It's just the last trilogy that was garbage.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jan 9, 2020, 06:19 PM   #18
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
They announced a few months ago a new trilogy in the works, focusing on the earlier days of the Old Republic. And they brought Kevin Feige on to help plan out the work.

So I'm actually a bit optimistic. It's just the last trilogy that was garbage.
Yeah, I'm actually kinda hyped about that idea.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 06:22 PM   #19
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

The next trilogy will definitely be better. Everything that went wrong with this trilogy is really obvious now, and Disney definitely know what's needed to fix it next time around.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 9, 2020, 07:03 PM   #20
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

But this raises a point: What will the next trilogy be about?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 08:03 PM   #21
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
But this raises a point: What will the next trilogy be about?
If you've ever played the Star Wars Old Republic MMO, you'll know that there's a pretty rich source of characters and stories there. I'd like to see Darth Revan's story on the big screen, personally.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 08:06 PM   #22
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Jan 9, 2020, 09:28 PM   #23
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
If you've ever played the Star Wars Old Republic MMO, you'll know that there's a pretty rich source of characters and stories there. I'd like to see Darth Revan's story on the big screen, personally.
This sounds awesome to me.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jan 9, 2020, 09:43 PM   #24
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Good to see Rise of Crap getting lower box office than the other main movies.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 09:47 PM   #25
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Video resonates with me... DSW has pathetic villains, excepts perhaps Palpatine (not their creation). DSW villains are incompetent fools who can't be taken seriously. Vader, on the other hand, was a total badass, someone you knew to never mess with... or else you'd be dead. Further, as the vid points out, without credible villains, heroes also lose credibility, and the whole narrative loses any real sense of drama, because you know that Rey will always and forever prevail....
Old Jan 9, 2020, 09:49 PM   #26
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
9 movie saga would be awesome. First 3 would be KOTOR, the story about Revan, the next 3 would be KOTOR 2, the story about the Exile Meetra Surik, and then the final 3 would be about Revan and Meetra Surik and their fight against the true Sith. Skpt the 300 years later part talked about in SWTOR.

Or have all 9 be a mix, showing a progress of Revan, Malak, and Meetra Surik joining the Republic in their fight against the Mandalorians which is disobying Jedi council orders. Then showing Revan and Malak finding something out that made them join the Dark side and create the new Sith, also show Meetra Surik not succumbing to the Dark Side and showing her being exiled by the Jedi Order and her being cut off from the force because of an action she took during the war, and go through the storyline of KOTOR 2. Then the final movies would be about Meetra Surik searching for Revan, eventually finding him and then it would be a story about them fighting against the True Sith Empire and their plot to assassinate the Sith Emperor with the help of Darth Scourge and his eventual beytrayal of Reven and Meetra.

I really think there is an epic saga there if done right.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Last edited by Eisberg : Jan 9, 2020 at 10:06 PM.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:13 PM   #27
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

There is an over 3 hour cut of ROS that the studio gutted down to 2h25. A petition to have it released is out there and while Im not sure it can save the trilogy it might make it a better film. Boyega asked the studio to have it on deleted scenes... but 40+ min of del scenes is a bit much.

I hope JJ says something about it.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.1.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.1.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2020, 01:32 AM   #28
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

This movie was incredibly bad. /thread.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2020, 02:04 AM   #29
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Thank you Munky. We don't deserve people like you.
But he deserves us. He knows what he's done...
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2020, 02:24 AM   #30
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
There is an over 3 hour cut of ROS that the studio gutted down to 2h25. A petition to have it released is out there and while Im not sure it can save the trilogy it might make it a better film. Boyega asked the studio to have it on deleted scenes... but 40+ min of del scenes is a bit much.

I hope JJ says something about it.
It would have to very significantly change the film, including the motivations of the characters for a lot of what's happening, and how things developed.

Things just happened because the movie wanted them to happen. Such as the rebels, I mean resistance, attacking the Imperial fleet. I mean Final Order. Suddenly they're right there in the middle of five hundred Death/Star Destroyers and blowing stuff up, and they land on their surface successfully, and successfully blow important stuff up, etc. Because that's what you do in Star Wars movies, I guess.

And Rey goes out in the middle of the desert there in the middle of a mission to foot race and flip over a Tie Fighter who's skimming the surface trying to run over her for no apparent reason, other than it looks cool.

Then for whatever reason she goes to Tatooine and takes over the old abandoned Lars homestead and becomes a Skywalker. Because that's what you're supposed to do in Star Wars, right? Even though somehow for some reason she's a Palpatine not a Skywalker, and why in the galaxy would anyone choose to go there, to that remote rock that Anakin and Luke hated. Because it's Star Wars!

Gah, this movie fit right in with the other two idiotic movies.

The only semi-interesting thing was the two seconds we saw young Luke training young Leia. If they (not they but someone who actually loves and understands Star Wars, and movies) made a spin off movie about that, I could be really interested in that.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote