Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 17, 2018, 10:06 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Meyer, Pegg Talk New “Star Trek” Films

"Last year came reports that filmmaker Nicholas Meyer, the director of both “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan” and “Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country,” was involved in a new project in the franchise – one separate from CBS All Access and Netflix’s “Star Trek: Discovery” series."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/meyer-pe...ar-trek-films/

Oh wow, I had no idea about this.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 11:13 AM   #2
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Those are 2 good star trek movies, so I'm all for it!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 11:29 AM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
“Quentin [Tarantino] turned up at the office a couple of months ago and said, ‘Hey, I’ve got an idea!’ So that’s in the hope for further down the line… Everyone sort of assumes it’s gonna be like “Pulp Fiction” in space, but I think his devotion to “Trek” and his understanding of it.

It won’t be ordinary, it’ll have him all over it, but it won’t be anything a “Star Trek” fan will have to worry about. He has an acute understanding of the story and he’d never do anything to tear it down. I haven’t read the treatment yet, but I might be able to in the next couple of weeks, so I’m excited about that.”
No. Just NO. That last para reassurance does nothing for me. Nope.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 17, 2018, 12:43 PM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Those are 2 good star trek movies, so I'm all for it!
Best in the series so hell yes!

yoz
Old May 17, 2018, 03:35 PM   #5
Capt. Picard
Radeon Evergreen

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm not so enthusiastic.

I don't want Star Trek to become goofy in some scenes, like it was in the last 2 movies.

There is a difference between humor and goofiness.
Old May 17, 2018, 03:52 PM   #6
Athena
Radeon Southern Islands

Athena is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Picard View Post
I'm not so enthusiastic.

I don't want Star Trek to become goofy in some scenes, like it was in the last 2 movies.

There is a difference between humor and goofiness.
I am with Cap on this. I liked the humor in the old Trek, I do not need Deadpool style goofiness in my space opera

I like the actors just fine. Bones is awesome and that kid that played Chekov was great as well, RIP
Old May 19, 2018, 08:11 AM   #7
X-Nemesis
Radeon R520

X-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyX-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Simple solution here. Hire the people who made Axanar to make a new ST film and then profit.

If you're a star trek fan and haven't seen it, then go now and watch.
X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2018, 08:49 AM   #8
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
Simple solution here. Hire the people who made Axanar to make a new ST film and then profit.

So awesome....

yoz
Old May 19, 2018, 09:27 AM   #9
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post

is it finished finally? forgot all about that
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2018, 09:32 AM   #10
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
is it finished finally? forgot all about that
No, it was killed off by Paramount.

yoz