Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 14, 2021, 01:02 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboye View Post
Isn't there already a " whack off" hand gesture filter in place now?
There's the famous Rage3D quote 'Cramack gonna fix it', I think that's close enough.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #92
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

New beta version of Virtual Desktop out today, includes 2 noteworthy features:
  • 120hz support, that should work after your Quest2 gets update 28. Of course this will take a much more powerful PC to drive all 120 horses.
  • "Potato mode" for weaker GPUs like my r580. This is really great, since GPUs are impossible to get nowadays. Actually I think this has been a real oversight in VD until now, as both Oculus Link and Steam VR are able to work with much lower resolutions and work well with lower-end GPUs. Until now, VD has simply had much higher system requirements for no good reason. Anyways, I was able to try out Potato mode today and I am finally getting smooth performance in practically everything.

And of course Oculus Air Link is supposed to be coming out any day now with update 28. We'll see how that competes against VD, especially since Air Link will almost certainly include Time Warp & Space Warp, which can potentially make things alot smoother. It'll be interesting to see how it performs.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #93
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I expect there will be a new headset launching later this year. Lots of chatter about a "Quest 2 Pro". If it has a wider FOV and supports Wifi 6E, I'll prolly have to drop the cash for a new one as well.
Also, it's basically been confirmed that Oculus is NOT launching another headset this year.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro