Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:06 AM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

also got full body screen guard..

fit perfectly
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:39 AM   #332
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

VITA Outsells Expectations

1.2 Million units moved
Over 2 Million games moved

http://www.gamespot.com/news/playsta...-units-6351171
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:45 PM   #333
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

now let's see if it does what it did in Japan. After the first couple of weeks sales tanked.

I really liked the PSP and hope this turns out well for Sony but I'm waiting this one out to see how it's selling in a couple months and the amount of quality titles on the market.

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:27 PM   #334
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post

1.2 Million units moved

Yeah that's impressive alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:34 PM   #335
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post
now let's see if it does what it did in Japan. After the first couple of weeks sales tanked.

I really liked the PSP and hope this turns out well for Sony but I'm waiting this one out to see how it's selling in a couple months and the amount of quality titles on the market.
Now what if everybody in japan is just waiting and seeing like you are.

In any case, it's tax return season in the usa, and so it will do well here for the time being.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:12 PM   #336
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Now what if everybody in japan is just waiting and seeing like you are.

In any case, it's tax return season in the usa, and so it will do well here for the time being.
The gotta have it crowd went out and got it. I won't get it until I see some sustainable sales and now is too early to tell. The PSP was a disappointment for me in the game selection standpoint and before I get a vita, it better sustain sales to keep developers interested in making quality games for it. If sales tank devs will lose interest.

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:29 PM   #337
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post
The gotta have it crowd went out and got it. I won't get it until I see some sustainable sales and now is too early to tell. The PSP was a disappointment for me in the game selection standpoint and before I get a vita, it better sustain sales to keep developers interested in making quality games for it. If sales tank devs will lose interest.
Sure sure, with any luck though, piracy wont be as big of a problem for the vita as it was for the psp. If sony opens up their app store to just about any developer and app in the way apple and android have, it will take a lot of the pressure off of needing a jailbreak on the device for homebrew (which could then lead to rampant piracy).

That said, there were enough good games on psp that I am pleased with my original purchase. Overall, while not snes, it has quite a robust library when just thinking about whether my original $200 purchase was ultimately justified.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/102/1023970p1.html
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:09 PM   #338
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Anyone know if the god of war PSP game can be bought and played on the Vita?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:09 PM   #339
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
In the PSN Store, they have the following PSP titles that you can download:
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:34 PM   #340
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Just got back from the local Gamestop and the guy behind the counter said he was sold out and it was selling really well. He said the demand wasn't really there right out of the gate but that once people got to see it and hold it sales picked up really quickly.

So that's a pretty good sign.

I got my Unit 13 preorder in!
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:35 PM   #341
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I have Chains of Olympus and it plays just fine on the Vita.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:49 PM   #342
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renocide View Post
I have Chains of Olympus and it plays just fine on the Vita.

How does it look?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:42 PM   #343
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
How does it look?

Thats what I wanted to really know, does the vita clean up some of the jaggies? Videos would be appreciated.

Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:08 AM   #344
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Thats what I wanted to really know, does the vita clean up some of the jaggies? Videos would be appreciated.
If you play a PSP game and hold your finger on the screen for a few seconds, a menu comes up with the ability to enable Bilinear Filtering and Color Space and change the functionality of the right analog stick as well as determine whether the front or rear camera is used for games that support it. Here's the official page with more information on playing PSP games on the Vita. Bilinear Filtering makes the biggest difference and it does seem to smooth things out a little bit. Although this is a 2D rather than 3D comparison, here's the difference between having it off and on:

Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:14 AM   #345
logical
What is my purpose?

I know of the feature which is why I ask how much it helps... hopefully its more than just a little. Maybe they can do a report back to the system from the PS3 version.. the PSP versions of GOW are the only ones I havent played.

Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:31 AM   #346
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I know of the feature which is why I ask how much it helps... hopefully its more than just a little. Maybe they can do a report back to the system from the PS3 version.. the PSP versions of GOW are the only ones I havent played.
Yeah I would have to say that it doesnt help all that much.

Sorry to say.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:42 AM   #347
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Yeah I would have to say that it doesnt help all that much.

Sorry to say.

Thanks again Renocide. My questions seem to be very specific and youre the only one giving solid answers for me

Old Feb 29, 2012, 03:14 AM   #348
KAC
Menacing in Black

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Might be actually worth pumping a PSP about now? Does the jailbreak / pirated games on that shiz still work?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:03 AM   #349
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Might be actually worth pumping a PSP about now? Does the jailbreak / pirated games on that shiz still work?
Ive never had first hand experience with psp jailbreak, but from what ive heard the games dont run smooth. I think the psp just wasnt powerful enough to run homebrew completely smooth.
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:00 AM   #350
BackToPC
Banned

BackToPC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Ive never had first hand experience with psp jailbreak, but from what ive heard the games dont run smooth. I think the psp just wasnt powerful enough to run homebrew completely smooth.
you definitely had to set frameskip to 3 or 4 on the SNES emulator for PSP.
BackToPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:11 AM   #351
KAC
Menacing in Black

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

PS VITA or second 7970...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:40 AM   #352
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 View Post
[imghttp://www.1000seotips.com/zhao3.jpg[/img][imghttp://www.1000seotips.com/zhao4.jpg[/img]

Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:20 PM   #353
Chubz
Doomer

For anyone who's unaware, yesterday the following demos were added to the Vita's PSN Store:
  • Dynasty Warriors NEXT
  • Reality Fighters
  • Touch My Katamari
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:06 PM   #354
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Pretty cool stuff.

Old Feb 29, 2012, 03:42 PM   #355
Chubz
Doomer

Very nice! The different scoring methods for each individual character is something I didn't even know about. The High Value Targets game mode looks really sick, too! Bosses FTW. This game is going to have a ton of replay value.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:48 PM   #356
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

1.2 Million units moved

didnt expect that at all.

I wonder whether those numbers will double once Call of Duty for Vita arrives.
I have a feeling that game might be a real system seller in US especially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:09 PM   #357
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Pretty cool stuff.

this sounds like a mini fps game that done right.

it really took the ios causal games system to an fps.. and sound like it is not bad.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Feb 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:09 PM   #358
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
this sounds like a mini fps game that done right.

it really took the ios causal games system to an fps.. and sound like it is not bad.
The gameplay kinda reminds of Ghost Recon 2 but with much better gameplay and AI.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 01:32 AM   #359
pahncrd

Subscriber

So my Vita is pretty rockin'. I have been playing Uncharted, Dungeon Hunter and Hotshots, and having a great time. I must say though that it is hard getting used to paying $30-$40 for portable games anymore.

The iOS race to the bottom on price has totally spoiled my wallet.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 08:57 AM   #360
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
The gameplay kinda reminds of Ghost Recon 2 but with much better gameplay and AI.
im gonna wait 2 years when I can get it for $150 used, and then buy old games for like $15...
Grandia II (PC)
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote