Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:51 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I have a question for the Vita owners who have downloaded a game from PSN:

Once you buy the game and download it from PSN is it permanently tied to your account so you can download it as many times as you want? Or is there a limit? I ask this because memory card space is limited and I can imagine switching games on and off the memory card.

I know there is a program that backs your games up to your computer but is it unlimited download from the PSN from a game you bought?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:31 AM   #272
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

Once you buy the game and download it from PSN is it permanently tied to your account so you can download it as many times as you want? Or is there a limit? I ask this because memory card space is limited and I can imagine switching games on and off the memory card.

I know there is a program that backs your games up to your computer but is it unlimited download from the PSN from a game you bought?
You can download the game as many times as you like. Yes, it is tied to your PSN account.

Video is a single download only.
Renocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:51 AM   #273
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Default More Screenshots

Virtua Tennis 4

Hustle Kings

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:03 AM   #274
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

when you look at someof those screenshot.

you might think you are looking at some ps3 game.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:19 AM   #275
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
when you look at someof those screenshot.

you might think you are looking at some ps3 game.
Yeah, my brother has Hustle Kings on the PS3 as well and as far as both of us can tell, there are no visual differences except perhaps just a little more aliasing in the Vita version. Hustle Kings also has cross platform play between the Vita and PS3 and a special promotion in which if you purchase the Vita version you get the PS3 version for free and vice versa. Virtua Tennis 4 looks very close to the PS3 version also, with no major differences that I can see in screenshots or videos. It's incredible what this little system can do.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:32 AM   #276
BackToPC
Banned

BackToPC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renocide View Post
You can download the game as many times as you like. Yes, it is tied to your PSN account.

Video is a single download only.
I'm pretty sure I read on a PSN game's license that it can only be downloaded to two devices max...
BackToPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:15 PM   #277
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToPC View Post
I'm pretty sure I read on a PSN game's license that it can only be downloaded to two devices max...
He wasn't asking about downloading it to different devices. He was asking that since he might be working with a limited amount of space on his memory stick could he delete and redownload games he purchased to the same device with no limit.

That is true.

You are right though when it comes to having multiple devices. You can only download game content to two mobile devices at a time.

You CAN deactivate a device and add a different one but the 2 device limit is always there.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:35 PM   #278
mrbaggs
Ashes to Ashes

mrbaggs is still being judged by the masses

Played a few of my PSP games on the Vita. The load times seem faster by a fair bit, the 2D stuff looks really rough though.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:29 PM   #279
BackToPC
Banned

Quote:
He wasn't asking about downloading it to different devices. He was asking that since he might be working with a limited amount of space on his memory stick could he delete and redownload games he purchased to the same device with no limit.

That is true.

You are right though when it comes to having multiple devices. You can only download game content to two mobile devices at a time.

You CAN deactivate a device and add a different one but the 2 device limit is always there.
K, thanks for the info
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:48 PM   #280
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:

That is true.

Yup, thanks for the clarity renocide.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on buying a vita from amazon last night... but decided Id wait for one of my options to come true first. The only real game I would want in the coming future would be madden... if they can get the full madden experience at 60fps on it I may jump.

Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:21 PM   #281
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

By the way, I really recommend you guys to get escape plan. The game is great and really shows what the VITA controls can do for gaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:49 PM   #282
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I really like my VITA, it's getting more playtime than my PS3. I really hope it does well, I'd love to see a Dark Souls / Demons Souls for it.
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:07 PM   #283
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Have been playing and I'm not at all psyched about it. The graphics are great and gameplay is pretty much identcial to the PS3, but a part of me just don't care to play it for long periods of time for some odd reason. Time to sell and get an iPad3 in a couple of months?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:33 PM   #284
BackToPC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Have been playing and I'm not at all psyched about it. The graphics are great and gameplay is pretty much identcial to the PS3, but a part of me just don't care to play it for long periods of time for some odd reason. Time to sell and get an iPad3 in a couple of months?
Not even the best games on iOS compare to gaming on the vita with real buttons...

iOS gaming is nothing but shovelware crap. Just my opinion...

As cool as the iPad is (and I love mine) Jobs was horribly wrong if he thought touch controls could replace hardware buttons.

If you jailbreak and install emulators and use a Bluetooth pad, ok that is definitely some fun gaming on the iPad...

Last edited by BackToPC : Feb 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:16 PM   #285
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Not even the best games on iOS compare to gaming on the vita with real buttons...

Ill agree on the button part, nothing can compare to gaming with actual buttons.

But the shovelware thing is definitely retarded. There are a lot of simple games, a lot of **** games, but there are some really grade A games on iOS. Infinity Blade, Dead space and games like that are comparable to what the Vita has right now.

Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:36 PM   #286
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Infinity Blade, Dead space and games like that are comparable to what the Vita has right now.
And you just listed almost all of them.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:40 AM   #287
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Infinity Blade, Dead space and games like that are comparable to what the Vita has right now.
I would say yes and no. Dead Space on the VITA would be better than the PS3/iOS versions.

The VITA is a platform that interestingly, offers way more than all the consoles out there, at least for the hard core gamer. You have two touch panels, analog sticks, L3, R3, 2 cameras and a gyroscope. That's a tremendous ammount of flexibility. And, having seen "escape plan," I cannot imagine what visceral games could do with Dead Space.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:09 AM   #288
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

As cool as the iPad is (and I love mine) Jobs was horribly wrong if he thought touch controls could replace hardware buttons.

If you jailbreak and install emulators and use a Bluetooth pad, ok that is definitely some fun gaming on the iPad...

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree. iOS games would never touch the complexity of Vita titles. From a hardcore+mainstream gaming perspective anyway.

See, my favourite games are *drumbroll* adventures and there's a bunch (re-released with support for higher resolutions and new titles to the mix) of them releasing this year. Hey at least I get challenged from adventure games with their creatively done puzzles. The rest I can settle with playing at home on PC/Mac. Oh how old I've become?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:35 AM   #289
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
And you just listed almost all of them.
No there are countless Unreal Powered games in the App store, I just dont keep track of all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
I would say yes and no. Dead Space on the VITA would be better than the PS3/iOS versions.

The VITA is a platform that interestingly, offers way more than all the consoles out there, at least for the hard core gamer. You have two touch panels, analog sticks, L3, R3, 2 cameras and a gyroscope. That's a tremendous ammount of flexibility. And, having seen "escape plan," I cannot imagine what visceral games could do with Dead Space.
Of course Dead Space would be better on the Vita for the controls alone, but Im talking graphically. The iPad is basically on par with the Vitas games visually and the new iPad is about to debut next week so it could be even better than the Vita.

Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:59 AM   #290
Chubz
Doomer

More Uncharted: Golden Abyss screenshots:

Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:47 PM   #291
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Man Unit13 is also a pretty solid shooter. The controls feel better than most PS3 shooters.

(Toning down sensitivity to 39 on vertical + horizontal)
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:21 PM   #292
Chubz
Doomer

Just placed an order through Amazon for the Trigger Grips accessory. Should be here just in time for the retail release of Unit 13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Man Unit13 is also a pretty solid shooter. The controls feel better than most PS3 shooters.

(Toning down sensitivity to 39 on vertical + horizontal)
Yeah, Unit 13's controls are spot on and its aiming feels way better than Uncharted's. My only complaint is the locked camera angle and poor field of view. It feels like you're breathing down the back of your character's neck and can hardly see anything around you, but other than that I really enjoy it and will be picking it up come March 6.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:32 PM   #293
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Just placed an order through Amazon for the Trigger Grips accessory. Should be here just in time for the retail release of Unit 13!

Yeah, Unit 13's controls are spot on and its aiming feels way better than Uncharted's. My only complaint is the locked camera angle and poor field of view. It feels like you're breathing down the back of your character's neck and can hardly see anything around you, but other than that I really enjoy it and will be picking it up come March 6.
I really want to get those grips in the near future. I've been eying them for a while, they seem like they would make the VITA super comfortable.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:32 PM   #294
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Man, I've played Uncharted, FIFA, Unit13, Rayman Origins demos on top of the full escape plan and I have to say I would love to have these controls on a PS3 or Xbox, even the joysticks feel tighter. I really think Nintendo has the right idea with the controller they are making. If it has a touch screen, I think they are going in the right direction, it makes a pretty big difference.

I'm having more fun on my VITA than on my PS3. Only thing it is missing is competitive games like Killzone, CoD, Mortal Kombat, etc. I'd love to see a Dark Souls on it as well.

All in all, this is it for gaming, and I hope there will be homebrew in the near future. Playing N64 / SNES games on this thing must be incredible.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:25 AM   #295
Chubz
Doomer

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:04 AM   #296
Renocide
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Those screen shots don't do the game any justice. It looks soooo much better than that!

I'm on my second play through on hard which is a bitch with auto aim turned off! Anyone else playing through on a harder difficulty? It uses this unique aiming system where you aim down sights and then make the slight adjustment you need to get on target by slightly tilting the Vita to in the direction you want to aim. It was kinda hard at first to figure out but now that I am using it more and more it's actually really cool! Adds a little cool touch that I am really liking.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:13 PM   #297
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

Just jumped yesterday into the vita wagon and got these:

Add me on psn guys and lets play some matches

PSN: Julianlyle

Cheers!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:50 PM   #298
Chubz
Doomer

Here's an entire playthrough of the Unit 13 demo that I recorded last night:

Looking back, I goofed once or twice and I really wish I'd used grenades because there were some opportunities to see them in action, but overall I'm pretty happy with my performance. That's one thing I actually enjoy about Unit 13: Even after a nice performance, you'll still look back and find ways to improve on the next go-around to achieve an even higher score. I also think this video shows just how well you can control your character with the tiny analog sticks. In my opinion, it's not far from using a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianLyle View Post
Just jumped yesterday into the vita wagon and got these:

/image

Add me on psn guys and lets play some matches

PSN: Julianlyle

Cheers!
Very good choices there.. Rayman is arguably the best game available right now, Wipeout is supposed to look fantastic, and Virtua Tennis 4 is really underrated!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:08 AM   #299
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

Thanks chubz! I couldn't refuse vt4, i've been playing virtua tennis since the dreamcast and love it. Make sure you add me guys.

PS: I was hoping to hear your awesome accent on the video.

Last edited by JulianLyle : Feb 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
JulianLyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:22 PM   #300
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianLyle View Post
PS: I was hoping to hear your awesome accent on the video.
LOL Yeah, the majority of my gameplay videos don't feature commentaries. Maybe one of these days that will change!