Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Oct 29, 2009, 04:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default HUGE cursor in 7 64 bit

I think it's something to do with the 5800 series drives. I've searched around and they all seem to be feeling the same pinch. I guess it's just because it's a new OS. Anyways has anyone had this problem and found a fix for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2009, 04:39 PM   #2
spajdr
Bankrupt

spajdr is still being judged by the masses

Its ati driver problem and will be fixed in next driver release.

EDIT.: though it could be different problem
http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...VIEWTMP=Linear
spajdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:40 AM   #3
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

I never encountered it. I went through 3 different driver sets when I got my 5870's and never saw it happen.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 3, 2009, 02:46 PM   #4
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
I never encountered it. I went through 3 different driver sets when I got my 5870's and never saw it happen.
you tested tested on both mobos Mosh? cause that article spajdr linked talks about gb boards, especially p55 and x58 i guess.

didn't read into it too much but could be helpful to those it affects if you tested on both.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 03:13 PM   #5
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
you tested tested on both mobos Mosh? cause that article spajdr linked talks about gb boards, especially p55 and x58 i guess.

didn't read into it too much but could be helpful to those it affects if you tested on both.
Win7 x64 running smoothly on both rigs. But, very little 5870 on X58 testing done, only 5870 on P55. The only time the X58 rig has had a 5870 in it is when I was testing to see if the card that died on me was really dead or not.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 09:00 PM   #6
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Win7 x64 running smoothly on both rigs. But, very little 5870 on X58 testing done, only 5870 on P55. The only time the X58 rig has had a 5870 in it is when I was testing to see if the card that died on me was really dead or not.
This might be a really stupid question, by why are you using a 920 as your media computer and then using an 860 as your gaming rig? Wouldn't the 920 be faster, unless the 860 overclocks a hell of a lot better than a 920?

I don't really know anything about the new i5/i7 lineup, from what little looking into it I did, it seems that at stock speeds, the 920 beats the 860 pretty handily in every benchmark I saw.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 09:55 PM   #7
-n7-
Radeon Arctic Islands

-n7- is still being judged by the masses

Update your BIOS man.

F3m just came out.

I was having the issues mentioned in the thread here (under Cats section), & the AMD forum thread.

My problems were the black screen driver crashes during fullscreen video, but the cursor thing is related AFAIK.

BIOS update fixed everything for me.

n7

n7
-n7- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:13 PM   #8
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
This might be a really stupid question, by why are you using a 920 as your media computer and then using an 860 as your gaming rig? Wouldn't the 920 be faster, unless the 860 overclocks a hell of a lot better than a 920?

I don't really know anything about the new i5/i7 lineup, from what little looking into it I did, it seems that at stock speeds, the 920 beats the 860 pretty handily in every benchmark I saw.
lol, not a stupid question at all. It's just that it makes more sense then you think. The 920 and 860 are actually pretty much neck and neck in most stuff. The higher memory bandwidth of the 920 seems to help media encodes a bit faster while the 860's higher Turbo clocks help gaming more. But the differences are so minute as to not really matter either way.

Edit: And if I was going to overclock the 860 rig, it indeed does OC better. It's stable at 4019mhz with 1.28 vcore. But I'm not overclocking this time. I'm enjoying totally stock stability and full C1E feature set, from lowest idle clock of 1.2Ghz to highest turbo mode of 3.46Ghz. When my PC is idle or just browsing the net, I only pull 110 watts at the wall including monitor with this rig. Granted, full load including GPUs can kick that up to 500 watts pretty quick, but most gaming only hits around 350-400 watts.

Last edited by moshpit : Nov 3, 2009 at 10:32 PM.
moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:41 PM   #9
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by -n7- View Post
Update your BIOS man.

Quote:
lol, not a stupid question at all. It's just that it makes more sense then you think. The 920 and 860 are actually pretty much neck and neck in most stuff. The higher memory bandwidth of the 920 seems to help media encodes a bit faster while the 860's higher Turbo clocks help gaming more. But the differences are so minute as to not really matter either way.

Edit: And if I was going to overclock the 860 rig, it indeed does OC better. It's stable at 4019mhz with 1.28 vcore. But I'm not overclocking this time. I'm enjoying totally stock stability and full C1E feature set, from lowest idle clock of 1.2Ghz to highest turbo mode of 3.46Ghz. When my PC is idle or just browsing the net, I only pull 110 watts at the wall including monitor with this rig. Granted, full load including GPUs can kick that up to 500 watts pretty quick, but most gaming only hits around 350-400 watts.
Only on planet Moshpit does an i7 920 make a better Media Center

(yes, im just jealous)
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:44 PM   #10
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Planet Moshpit is a fun place where our media center's got game