Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:34 AM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Point is though if you can get within 10% of a stock Ti for $500 less, that's a win imho.
Ah see, sorry. I agree with this.

Too bad SLI is dead as 2070 Super SLI would have been amazing.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:39 PM   #242
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I agree and disagree, the rtx 2080 super may have perceived value based on the artificially high premium priced rtx 2080ti.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:48 PM   #243
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

There's a sizeable discrepency between a 2080 and 2080ti in many games, especially new ones. Even if 2080S is 10% faster than 2080 it still won't be enough

Expecting Nvidia to be really generous with a card 10% of 2080ti performance at almost half the price is wishful thinking.

We'll see soon enough on a Tues.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:08 PM   #244
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
I agree and disagree, the rtx 2080 super may have perceived value based on the artificially high premium priced rtx 2080ti.
That's true, it's only good relative to TI pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
There's a sizeable discrepency between a 2080 and 2080ti in many games, especially new ones. Even if 2080S is 10% faster than 2080 it still won't be enough

Expecting Nvidia to be really generous with a card 10% of 2080ti performance at almost half the price is wishful thinking.

We'll see soon enough on a Tues.
OC versions of 2080 can come within 15% of TI at 1440p, so it's not a stretch to add a few more % for OC'd 2080S.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:36 PM   #245
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Wii U

Quote:
That's true, it's only good relative to TI pricing.

OC versions of 2080 can come within 15% of TI at 1440p, so it's not a stretch to add a few more % for OC'd 2080S.
Thats like saying an oc version if the 1080Ti can come within 15% if a 2080ti at 1440p.

15% is still a significant defecit and that is still only for a select few cases for an extreme oc 2080. In newer games there is much bigger gap. A gap that gets even bigger with just a mild oc on a 2080ti, which is what pretty much every aib offers. I don't think anyone here owns a FE. The 2080S isnt a different chip, its the same chip and if its clocked higher, then its already hitting an oc ceiling, which the increase in tdp indicates.

Like I said, Nvidia isnt generous enough to give you that kind of deal.

The leaked benchmarks show no more than a 5% improvement over the standard 2080.

But, keep that hope up and we'll know for sure on tuesday.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 02:26 PM   #246
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The added value of the rtx 2060s, 2070s and 2080s, may bring prices down a bit to 999 for the ti's.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 02:39 PM   #247
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
The added value of the rtx 2060s, 2070s and 2080s, may bring prices down a bit to 999 for the ti's.
maybe on the FE but I doubt it

and none of the top aftermarket ti will drop

……….

wait for the aftermarket 5700 xt's to hit
they may drop the 2080 and 2080 s prices if they get close to the watercooled and overclocked scores popping up

Last edited by bill dennison : Jul 20, 2019 at 02:46 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2019, 04:14 PM   #248
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
maybe on the FE but I doubt it

and none of the top aftermarket ti
Agreed.

yoz
Old Jul 20, 2019, 05:06 PM   #249
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Yeah, I really wanted to get another 1080ti to sli with but damn it's not as good as ot used to be, same as crossfire.

I managed to snag a decent 2080ti, new for Ł300 less than retail.

I hope AMD give nvidiaba good kick up the arse next year as prices are insane if you want the high end.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 06:49 AM   #250
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The sad thing is that if the Super line-up were the original 2000 series line-up, it still would have offered a pretty unimpressive upgrade over Pascal in the same price bracket.

Let's hope Navi is a return to serious GPU competition because we all certainly could benefit from it.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 08:08 PM   #251
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
But, keep that hope up and we'll know for sure on tuesday.
I'm not hoping for anything. I'm not in the market for one. Just saying an oc'd 2080 already comes within 15-20% of a stock Ti, so the Super should close that gap slightly. Leaked benchmarks show it 14% slower at stock.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:00 PM   #252
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
I'm not hoping for anything. I'm not in the market for one. Just saying an oc'd 2080 already comes within 15-20% of a stock Ti, so the Super should close that gap slightly. Leaked benchmarks show it 14% slower at stock.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/z...extreme/5.html

Your own link shows differences up to 40%. That's between the "extreme overclocked" 2080 vs "stock" (founder's edition) 2080Ti.

The bigger differences in newer games (which I've stated), the lesser difference in older games. Incidentally, those smaller differences also show a smaller difference from a 1080ti as well.

I don't get in percentages I only look at raw frame rates (which is important for me at 4k, where I need to be locked at 60fps at all times). If you just look at percentages then you can easily say an overclocked 2070 comes within 13% of a stock 2080, why bother paying the extra premium?

You're also forgetting the fact those heavily OC cards don't come priced the same as non OC cards either. That Zotac 2080 OC costs $900. You're better off getting the entry level 2080Ti from EVGA for $999 at that price.

This is why I'm saying don't expect Nvidia to give you any favors with the 2080S. The card will be at 250W TDP which means it's already hitting near it's OC ceiling, Nvidia isn't stupid enough to release an easily overclockable card that gives near 2080Ti performance. That's just wishful thinking. What they are going to give is 5% better 2080 for the same price as before, the old 2080 is no longer going to be produced.

If you want to see 2080Ti performance at the $699 price point then you'll have to wait for the 3080 series.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:53 PM   #253
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

2080 or 2080 super both are still low on memory for 4k .
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:37 PM   #254
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Somehow you morons keep forgetting that every time we talk about 2080S it is about 1440P usage.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 01:17 AM   #255
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It does seem that with sales the 2080 Ti is working its way down closer to its $999 MSRP.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 02:34 AM   #256
demo
space cadet

Quote:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/z...extreme/5.html

Your own link shows differences up to 40%.
Look at the 1440p performance summary of all games in their test suite.

Quote:
That's between the "extreme overclocked" 2080 vs "stock" (founder's edition) 2080Ti.
Yeh I know, that's exactly what I said.

Quote:
You're also forgetting the fact those heavily OC cards don't come priced the same as non OC cards either. That Zotac 2080 OC costs $900. You're better off getting the entry level 2080Ti from EVGA for $999 at that price.
I'm not forgetting anything, in fact that's my point. That AMP 2080 is ~5% faster than stock 2080. Super performance will likely be comparable. Then you can OC a little more yourself.

Quote:
If you want to see 2080Ti performance at the $699 price point then you'll have to wait for the 3080 series.
I never said it will give TI performance. Have you finished now?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:14 AM   #257
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Look at the 1440p performance summary of all games in their test suite.
That is their summary of all tested games. That subjective percentage can go higher or lower. Raw framerates never change. I'm looking at individual newer games where the 2080 falls even further behind. In fact, we have a person here who upgraded their card to 2080Ti because they didn't like the performance of AC Odyssey at 1440p. Looking at those benches an OC 2080 would not have been enough.

Quote:
Yeh I know, that's exactly what I said.
Most people here won't buy a founder edition 2080ti, but one of the AIBs which come factory overclocked by default. Which means your initial statement regarding the performance gap is inapplicable. Add another 5-10% on top.

Quote:
I'm not forgetting anything, in fact that's my point. That AMP 2080 is ~5% faster than stock 2080. Super performance will likely be comparable. Then you can OC a little more yourself.
Agree. However with a 250w TDP, don't expect much overclocking headroom.

Quote:
I never said it will give TI performance. Have you finished now?
You said it will give within 10% performance of a 2080Ti for $500 less. That would be a bargain if true, but it isn't. Which was my point, Nvidia's not that generous. Of course, we'll now for sure tomorrow.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:19 AM   #258
demo
space cadet

Quote:
You said it will give within 10% performance of a 2080Ti for $500 less.
No I didn't.

Quote:
Agree. However with a 250w TDP, don't expect much overclocking headroom.
Yes, OC headroom will be a determining factor in how well it does compared to vanilla 2080.

I'm glad you agree.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 02:24 PM   #259
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
No I didn't.

Yes, OC headroom will be a determining factor in how well it does compared to vanilla 2080.

I'm glad you agree.
Quote:
Point is though if you can get within 10% of a stock Ti for $500 less, that's a win imho.
Okay you said IF, not WILL.

I don't see it happening. Not in current games (where CPU limitation isn't a factor) and especially not in newer DX12 games where a Ti really pulls ahead over a standard 2080. Maybe Nvidia will prove me wrong tomorrow and be generous after all.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 02:45 PM   #260
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Maybe Nvidia will prove me wrong tomorrow and be generous after all.
Yeah, right!

yoz
Old Jul 22, 2019, 04:23 PM   #261
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
It does seem that with sales the 2080 Ti is working its way down closer to its $999 MSRP.
Microcenter has had a Zotac 2080 ti at $999 and hasn't sold 1 of the 2 they have in stock in my area over the last week.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 04:33 PM   #262
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Microcenter has had a Zotac 2080 ti at $999 and hasn't sold 1 of the 2 they have in stock in my area over the last week.
Mine has 4 in stock!

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...cie-video-card

yoz
Old Jul 22, 2019, 06:33 PM   #263
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
They actually sold 1 today, They are not exactly flying off the shelf at 1k either.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 06:40 PM   #264
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
They actually sold 1 today, They are not exactly flying off the shelf at 1k either.
Right?

yoz
Old Jul 22, 2019, 06:59 PM   #265
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Not surprising to see a 999 msrp and out of stock now.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 09:09 AM   #266
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The 2080S turned out better than I expected.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2019, 09:34 AM   #267
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

About 6% faster than a standard 2080 at 1440p.

Even less at 4k but it's not really a 4k card to begin with.

Looks like nothing new for the high end until the 3x series.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 09:37 AM   #268
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah, I was only looking at 1440p numbers. I'm definitely waiting on the next gen before I upgrade.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2019, 09:45 AM   #269
demo
space cadet

Hrmm 12% slower than stock TI at 1440p. I guess after OC it really does get within 10%. I wasn't really expecting it to, but there ya go.

Techpowerup got an 8% performance uplift from OC. Not bad.

edit:

As he says, not a very exciting release. Only 9% faster than 1080TI..

Last edited by demo : Jul 23, 2019 at 09:58 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2019, 09:58 AM   #270
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Except in newer games of course, unless you want people to think the performance they get in Far Cry New Dawn is going to translate over to Dirt Rally 2.0 (where a 2080Ti FE is at least 19% faster at 1440p)?

Tech power up benched a bigger array of games and found the discrepency to be a bit deeper.