Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » Remote Wonder and Plug-In Discussion
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Remote Wonder and Plug-In Discussion ATI's brand new video card...err I meant remote control! Discuss the software and hardware, and show off your Plug-Ins in development here.

Old Sep 10, 2003, 10:07 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
WallyG
Radeon R300

WallyG is still being judged by the masses

Default Remote Wonder 2.0 drivers---what's new?

Anyone notice what's new with the new drivers? Is the original Remote Wonder enhanced in anyway? More stable---more useful? Just wonderin' before I jump in head first!

W
1GB (1-512/2-256) OCZ DDR2700 (Corsair DDR3200 1GB (2x512))
WD 160GB+Mxtr 200GB/Toshiba SD1602 DVD/CDRW Combo
(Maxtor 200GBx2/LiteOn SOHW-832S)
AIW 9000 Pro (AIW 9600 Pro) (both retail)
GameTheaterXP 7.1+Yamaha 7.1 Stereo Receiver
(nForce Soundstorm+Logitech z5300)

THIS WILL BE MY LAST AIW PURCHASE---SORRY ATI!!!
WallyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2003, 10:27 PM   #2
Stephen Orr
ATI Guru

Stephen Orr is still being judged by the masses

Some bug fixes (as usual).

Support (at the app level) for

FM Radio (for the AIW 9600 PRO FM)
EAZYLOOK Channel Surfing.
Remote Wonder II (but not the RW II drivers themselves).

Uodates to the plug-ins. (Minro stuff).

The 2.0 is really because this is the first one to support the new HW (which is not yet in stores...). The release is on the Web because it includes changes that are needed for EAZYLOOK in 8.6.
Stephen Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2003, 09:40 AM   #3
earthling

earthling is still being judged by the masses

I installed the new version, and it seemed to be fine. When I entered eazylook everything was functioning ok, except when I tried changing the volume. It wouldn't allow me hold the button down and get it to change continuously - instead I had to repeatedly press it. Response to the volume button also seemed rather slow. Very annoying - anyone else see this behaviour?

Ive gone back to 1.5 for now. MMC 8.6 on the other hand seems to have fixed all the little problems I was having.
earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 11, 2003, 10:00 AM   #4
WallyG
Radeon R300

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply! And Stephen (Mr. Orr if your nasty....) ,for all of us ATIphiles on the board, I would like to thank you (and everyone else at ATI) for actually replying directly to posts and requests (within reason ) put up here. I have an nForce2 mobo that I've (and a lot of others) been having problems with and the lack of ANY direct line to nVIDIA to report this problem is EXTREMELY frustrating. They don't have a bug-reporting program and NOONE from the big "N" will post directly to the forums at nforcershq.com . They haven't released significant chipset drivers since Dec '02 (2.45 UDP was a patch at best) . I'm not NVidia bashing here I'm just expressing my thanks for you and all the ATI personel who take some PERSONAL responsibility for your products & Support.

Thanks!

W

P.S. MMC 8.6 and RW 2.0 work great on both my AIW 9000 and my old Radeon 64DDR VIVO. I WILL be purchasing the AIW 9600 when it comes out. (and when will that be?....... )

Old Sep 11, 2003, 12:53 PM   #5
Nyarlathotep
Radeon R300

Nyarlathotep is still being judged by the masses

I'm having that problem with the slow volume button too. BTW, there is a Catalyst feedback program for bug reporting, but is there such a thing for MMC and RW bug reporting as well?
Old Sep 12, 2003, 03:40 PM   #6
Katse
Radeon R200

Katse is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Orr
Some bug fixes (as usual).

Support (at the app level) for

FM Radio (for the AIW 9600 PRO FM)
EAZYLOOK Channel Surfing.
Remote Wonder II (but not the RW II drivers themselves).

Uodates to the plug-ins. (Minro stuff).

The 2.0 is really because this is the first one to support the new HW (which is not yet in stores...). The release is on the Web because it includes changes that are needed for EAZYLOOK in 8.6.
Thanks for posting the info, Stephen. I'm often one to jump on ATI for major buigs, but it is reassuring to see ATI addressing the issues.
Katse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2003, 07:40 PM   #7
WallyG
Radeon R300

Default Catalyst bug reporting!

Since MMC and Remote Wonder are lumped into the Catalyst program, you should be able to post your problems to the same people. (mmc 8.5 was part of Cat 3.3 or 3.5---not sure which---separate application--same driver program)

W

P.S. Stephen (or any one else in the know) please clarify this if I'm wrong!

Old Sep 13, 2003, 05:34 AM   #8
ldevide

ldevide is still being judged by the masses

Default volume control

i had that same problem (slow volume response), but when i reverted to ver 1.5 (with MMC 8.6) mouse buttons (on RW) stoped working. anyone else have the same problem?
ldevide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2003, 01:57 PM   #9
rothe
Radeon R420

rothe is still being judged by the masses

The mouse control on my RW is disabled as soon as I fire up the File Player. Considering that I use my AIW every day as a PVR, this kills it's functionality. I had the same problem with MMC 8.5, and had gone back to ver 8.1 until this one came out.

Is it just me, or do others get this drastically reduced RW functionality with the recent versions of MMC?

AIW Radeon 9600XT hooked up to both a 15" LCD and to a 32" Zenith C32V22 Direct View HDTV Monitor, Soyo KT-400 Dragon Ultra Platinum w/ AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 512mb, 200GB RAID 1 system with separate system and video capture partitions, Windows XP on NTFS

Read about my Home Theater PC experience: http://www.jimrothe.com/htpc/index.html
(just click on my user name, at the left)
rothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2003, 10:35 AM   #10
Metaluna
Radeon R520

Metaluna is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by earthling
I installed the new version, and it seemed to be fine. When I entered eazylook everything was functioning ok, except when I tried changing the volume. It wouldn't allow me hold the button down and get it to change continuously - instead I had to repeatedly press it. Response to the volume button also seemed rather slow. Very annoying - anyone else see this behaviour?

Ive gone back to 1.5 for now. MMC 8.6 on the other hand seems to have fixed all the little problems I was having.
I've noticed this too, however it is much less annoying than the previous problem I was having with MMC 8.5/RW1.5, which was that every time I pressed the volume key, it would change the volume by about 4 ticks at once...there was no way to finely adjust the volume. I was assuming the problem was with MMC, not the RW drivers. I'll have to try the 1.5 drivers with MMC 8.6.
Metaluna is offline   Reply With Quote