Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Aug 22, 2019, 09:13 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Default need to check if a system scheduled task in windows behaves the same for you

I'm trying to disable wake events on certain scheduled tasks that were set up by Windows .
There's something called "AUFirmwareinstall" task under Microsoft> Windows > windowsupdate folder that doesn't allow me to change any settings. It gives me a "Task Scheduler service is not available if I try to uncheck "wake the computer to run this task" under the Conditions tab.

I'm wondering if I have malware or something that's screwing things up .
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:46 AM   #2
Notbilly
Radeon R420

Notbilly is still being judged by the masses

Sorry, Payne -- I checked, but I don't have that task in that folder on my system.
Notbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2019, 09:46 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I don't have that on my Win 10 system. I did a Google search and it sounds like it's only on Win 8 (?)

http://windows.fyicenter.com/4448_AU...Windows_8.html
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 25, 2019, 05:06 AM   #4
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

I have this task on my Windows 8.1 laptop but it's disabled at the moment.

Considering the error you're receiving have you checked the Task Scheduler service is Enabled and running on your computer ? You can check it into the services.msc MMC console or through Powershell :

Get-Service Sch* | Select DisplayName,Status,StartType

on mine :

PS C:\Users\[myusername]> Get-Service Sch* | Select DisplayName,Status,StartType

DisplayName Status StartType
----------- ------ ---------
Task Scheduler Running Automatic
Old Aug 27, 2019, 07:37 PM   #5
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

alright, thanks for your input guys.
i believe i upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10...maybe that's why it's giving me issues.