Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:12 AM   #6361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yeh its going to be like that cod map, I forgot the name but you know the one with 2 houses..

Ghey ass EA, should be free map packs.
why sould they be free? a meal at a normal restaurant here in Toronto costs $10-$15, plus tip thats $12-$17, and it only takes the chef 15-20 minutes to make (if that). This map pack takes hours upon hours to make & test, are selling for only $15, & yet they should be free? That would make no sense, but maybe im being too rational? I pay alot more for things that give me alot less entertainment value ($8 a beer at some pubs!), so $15 for maps that give hours of entertainment is a steal for me.

don't get me wrong, i've declined buying certain DLCs plenty of times because they were too expensive, bought them when they went on sale for 50-75% off. that's just the nature of DLCs.

Last edited by poohbear : Mar 26, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:42 AM   #6362
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
UAV was deployed by commanders and commanders are gone. It wasn't auto deployed like you described. MAV and UAV are basically the same except MAV don't detect silent units (I think) unless the operator spot them. You can have many MAV while UAV you had one per minute.

I guess what you want here is more the return of commanders spotting abilities than relying on recons units which is totally different.
No I want to strap C-4 to em and send them into a crown and blow them up.

I miss that.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:10 AM   #6363
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

I played a pistols and knives only server yesterday. Its alot tougher to kill people on for sure. 1911 unsilenced point blank took two headshots to put a guy down. wtf I ran up behind him and tried to knife with the f key but it wouldn't do anything? So I pulled the pistol and aimed down the sights.

I never play servers smaller than 64p anymore so its a big change to go to a 32p. When one team starts getting stacked though its way more difficult to make any kind of a comeback. Normally I'll just grab a sniper rifle and pick people off and make some good points but pistols only you have to be close. I hit a guy 5 times with the scoped .44 from across the courtyard on metro and didn't get a kill.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:54 AM   #6364
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
why sould they be free?
Because a couple extra MP maps to help the community grow and not fragment it is doing themselves a favour.

Meh I dont class a couple extra MP maps the same as DLC like in ME3 for example. They should be free like the extra MP maps in almost every other online FPS. Imagine if Valve charged for the new maps in DODS, CSS, or DICE in BC2.. would be total fail. They have gone the Activision route like CoD.. even extra CoD maps used to be free..
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:24 PM   #6365
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Im not buying the new CQ maps... no rush.. no buy. I guess I'll be one of the fragmented.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:58 PM   #6366
m3talc0re
Radeon Evergreen

m3talc0re is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
why sould they be free? a meal at a normal restaurant here in Toronto costs $10-$15, plus tip thats $12-$17, and it only takes the chef 15-20 minutes to make (if that). This map pack takes hours upon hours to make & test, are selling for only $15, & yet they should be free? That would make no sense, but maybe im being too rational? I pay alot more for things that give me alot less entertainment value ($8 a beer at some pubs!), so $15 for maps that give hours of entertainment is a steal for me.

don't get me wrong, i've declined buying certain DLCs plenty of times because they were too expensive, bought them when they went on sale for 50-75% off. that's just the nature of DLCs.
Lets go with your analogy then...
In the case of a DLC, that chef makes a buffet, it takes him all day to make, but feeds a hundred thousand. This is just for PC players, that's $1.5 million that $15 map pack turns into. You can probably double that for the consoles.

In all honesty though, I find it hard to enjoy the game most of the time. It's all going fine one minute then suddenly the game turns to **** and hit detection goes horrible wrong.

"The real hell is your life gone wrong."
m3talc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:07 PM   #6367
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm buying everything. BF3 is the best game ever!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:54 PM   #6368
danbomb
Radeon R200

danbomb is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

I think a lot of us have a problem paying for DLC because the UT games always gave away tons of free content long after the game was launched.
danbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:09 PM   #6369
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbomb View Post
I think a lot of us have a problem paying for DLC because the UT games always gave away tons of free content long after the game was launched.
Wasn't just the UT series though, it was just how things where done. Then the X-Box came along and changed all of that. Now we pay for a couple maps, a gun or two and maybe a new mode of play.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:55 PM   #6370
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
UAV was deployed by commanders and commanders are gone. It wasn't auto deployed like you described. MAV and UAV are basically the same except MAV don't detect silent units (I think) unless the operator spot them. You can have many MAV while UAV you had one per minute.

I guess what you want here is more the return of commanders spotting abilities than relying on recons units which is totally different.
You read that wrong.

I didn't say it was automatically deployed nor did I specifically suggest that you didn't need to be commander. It was a simple description of how the UAV works. It further contrasts how it's better then mav. When the UAV is deployed you can do so anywhere in the map. It works by itself without the need of you manually flying it or manually spotting players. It works in such a way that it has a duration of how long it's active and how long you have to wait to use it again. None of which is how the mav works.

The whole point of the UAV was to get a general idea of where the bulk of the other team was and form a front line from there. But still allowed for flanking and other options to complete objectives .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Sounds like you just want easy mode...
UAV allows everyone the opportunity to complete objectives more. Example:
Someone places a uav over a flag showing where other player are before you get there!

Now image that happening on both rush and conquest from both sides of the team. Also, place the uay, instantly, anywhere on the map to let other pubbers know where the bulk of the enemy is. Wow, all of a sudden playing larger maps becomes fun again. Or else people can still play metro and/or the new DLC where the uav isn't needed.

Last edited by ECH1 : Mar 26, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:28 PM   #6371
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3talc0re View Post
Lets go with your analogy then...
In the case of a DLC, that chef makes a buffet, it takes him all day to make, but feeds a hundred thousand. This is just for PC players, that's $1.5 million that $15 map pack turns into. You can probably double that for the consoles.

In all honesty though, I find it hard to enjoy the game most of the time. It's all going fine one minute then suddenly the game turns to **** and hit detection goes horrible wrong.
But u see the restaurant was'nt an analogy, it was a real world example of how much things cost in relation to their entertainment value. Its funny how we'll pay $8 a beer @ a pub/club & not think anything of it, yet a map pack for $15 we'll balk @ it. My father tells me beer used to be $4 a bottle & coke .75 cents a can back in the 80's, now its double that, & games used to have free map packs, but times have changed. The world is always getting more expensive...in the 2030s we'll be looking back & complaining how games used to "only" be $60 & DLCs were $10-$15. Anyways, vote with ur money, if u dont like it, just dont buy it.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:11 PM   #6372
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECH1 View Post
You read that wrong.

I didn't say it was automatically deployed nor did I specifically suggest that you didn't need to be commander. It was a simple description of how the UAV works. It further contrasts how it's better then mav. When the UAV is deployed you can do so anywhere in the map. It works by itself without the need of you manually flying it or manually spotting players. It works in such a way that it has a duration of how long it's active and how long you have to wait to use it again. None of which is how the mav works.

The whole point of the UAV was to get a general idea of where the bulk of the other team was and form a front line from there. But still allowed for flanking and other options to complete objectives .

Someone places a uav over a flag showing where other player are before you get there!

Now image that happening on both rush and conquest from both sides of the team. Also, place the uay, instantly, anywhere on the map to let other pubbers know where the bulk of the enemy is. Wow, all of a sudden playing larger maps becomes fun again. Or else people can still play metro and/or the new DLC where the uav isn't needed.
You don't make any sense as the MAV do everything you describe in a nutshell and you can spam those if you are close to support. Did you ever used the MAV at all? sounds like you never tried it.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:12 PM   #6373
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
You don't make any sense as the MAV do everything you describe in a nutshell and you can spam those if you are close to support. Did you ever used the MAV at all? sounds like you never tried it.
LOL, you think uav can only be used as close support like mav. The implementation and use of the UAV is better then the mav. Apparently, you've never been commander in BF2. Perhaps you should go on over to youtube and watch a few videos. Here's a hint, you can place a uav anywhere on the map (without physically being there) and can support anyone who's playing the objectives. Not just close support.

Edit:
Here a a video showing how the uav in BF2 and how it's being used to cover flags. As I was saying earlier, the UAV allows you to play the objectives better and play as a team (look at the comments). Once deployed it auto scans the area for a duration of time and it's visualized on the mini map. Which is more representative to the environment but that's another topic of discussion.

Last edited by ECH1 : Mar 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:26 PM   #6374
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I've been commander more than you can imagine, and you fail to provide a solid difference of why UAV is superior than MAV. Think about it, Commander provide communication and UAV support while he's sitting the entire game watching the map and communicating the front line to the squad mates while doing nothing than communicating and spotting. The UAV is nothing more than a tool you supply only once per minute where he think the battle is going on and only he have the power to do it. MAV is exactly the same thing because since there's no commanders, recons fill this role. Recons can move where he wants and communicate if he desires. You can sit a MAV anywhere idle hidden somewhere in the frontline or whatever you want and it still spot it surroundings while you fight.

Last edited by JonZ : Mar 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:30 PM   #6375
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
I've been commander more than you can imagine, and you fail to provide a solid difference of why UAV is superior than MAV. Think about it, Commander provide communication and UAV support while he's sitting the entire game watching the map and communicating the front line to the squad mates while doing nothing than communicating. The UAV is nothing more than a tool he supply only once per minute where he think the battle is going on and only he have the power to do it. MAV is exactly the same thing because there's no commander and recons can move where he wants and communicate if he desires. You can sit a MAV anywhere idle hidden somewhere in the frontline or whatever you want and it still spot it surroundings while you fight.
Lol, yeah you don't know what you're talking about.
Here's a video using the mav, (uav video in my previous post). See the difference yet? MAV you have to spot. UAV it auto spots ground targets using a circular sweep. Get it yet? Hold on, here's more. UAV shows up on the mini map for several seconds the mav doesn't. The mav requires you to actually see the target the uav doesn't and will always show up on the mini map for as long as it available (or isn't shot down).

So there you go, this is why I said earlier that we need a uav in the game and why it's not the same as mav. Oh, but lets not forget that when deploying the mav it has to be on certain surfaces or else the mav will turn red (can't deploy it), . With the uav it always spawns overhead anywhere on the map.

Last edited by ECH1 : Mar 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:32 PM   #6376
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Lol, yeah you don't know what you're talking about.
Here's a video using the mav, (uav video in my previous post). See the difference yet? MAV you have to spot. .
Go play BF3 and come back when you actually try the MAV. No point arguing with you if you don't know what you talk about.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:35 PM   #6377
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Go play BF3 and come back when you actually try the MAV. No point arguing with you if you don't know what you talk about.
So you just arguing just to argue ? Yup, the whole concept of the uav is simply better. IMO, it would get people out of metro and into larger maps if they knew where the other team was. Seeing something like the uav on the mini map opens up a lot of opportunities to playing the game.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:46 PM   #6378
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
So you just arguing just to argue ?
heh? who are you to say that. You failed to provide solid support to your claim saying UAV is better because you say so ? Like I said, pack yourself with MAV and see for yourself.

Last edited by JonZ : Mar 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:48 PM   #6379
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

U MAV BRO??
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:49 PM   #6380
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
U MAV BRO??
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:38 AM   #6381
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
You read that wrong.

As I said, you want easy mode.. what happened to good old combat where you actually had to use your eyes, and not a map to find your enemies.

You can do just what you say without UAV, you just have to plan a little better, take a little more time, and use your terrain to determine the front line, not where the enemy is located on your map.

In a true real battle, you look over your terrain and decide where the choke holds are and the best offense, or defense positioning would be. No UAV needed.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:49 AM   #6382
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
U MAV BRO??
Lol thanks for the laugh! Wish forums had a "like" button!^^

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:20 AM   #6383
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
U MAV BRO??

That's gonna be awesome when you can't use it as an elevator in the next patch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
As I said, you want easy mode.. what happened to good old combat where you actually had to use your eyes, and not a map to find your enemies.

You can do just what you say without UAV, you just have to plan a little better, take a little more time, and use your terrain to determine the front line, not where the enemy is located on your map.

In a true real battle, you look over your terrain and decide where the choke holds are and the best offense, or defense positioning would be. No UAV needed.

Chill, it's only a game we are talking about here not a real combat story . BF3 isn't Arma 2/3 nor is it a sim. Besides, without in game voip you can't 'plan a little better' with your squad without uav providing valuable information about the front lines, where players are, which objectives are clear enough to take, etc. Which is the point of having uav.

Besides, there is no in game voip to speak of. Anyway, I think larger maps would be more enjoyable to play and possibly played more then metro if people had a sense of where the front lines were during the round. And lets face it, there are other features missing that people have complained about and/or stop playing the game.

Last edited by ECH1 : Mar 27, 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:42 AM   #6384
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:14 PM   #6385
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

have they talked about fixing the VOIP? would be great if they did...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:11 PM   #6386
ECH1
deal with it

Before Patch on PS3

After Patch

Less blue tint for the out of bounds strips.
Everything else still looks the same though.

Last edited by ECH1 : Mar 27, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:16 PM   #6387
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

PS3 users are complaining left and right, many still have glitches etc. Overall it sounds like a massive nerf for vehicles (tanks 2 shots to front, choppers disable with one stinger). MG36 and QBB-95 no longer have extended mags, RPK has more ammo in the clip. Supression is greatly increased. IRNV has been cleaned up on some maps, pretty sure its still decreased range compared to pre nerf but on a map like metro it will be deadly.

You can also now buy unlocks for real money, seems BF3 has caught onto this free to play aspect. In some respects it at least gives newbs a chance in jets or choppers if they have money to burn.

The current balance for BF3 is pretty fine if you ask me, I'm quite worried that they are going to severly upset things with all these changes. No date on the PC patch yet.

Last edited by nutcrackr : Mar 27, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:02 PM   #6388
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Now instead of blue tint it red tint? is Dice pulling a Bioware there?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:04 PM   #6389
ECH1
deal with it

Here's a list of changes observed by player(s). This is the PS3 version though.

Last edited by ECH1 : Mar 27, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:17 PM   #6390
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

anyone can confirm this?

Quote:
Jet guns do less damage so dogfights are a bit more interesting now
wtf. jet cannon was fine...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote