Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Feb 20, 2021, 01:28 PM   #931
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Not anger, as others have said you've asked for advice, its been given and ignored by you for some strange obsession with color reproduction on a resolution that is passed its prime.

I want to see games in a DCI-P3 color space 10bit and 1.07b monitor.Noobody answered to this.This the sole point i would invest in a new monitor.I still want to experiment with this.This is why so much digging and trolling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/co...future_in_the/

Last edited by badsykes : Feb 20, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 01:36 PM   #932
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Guys lets stop playing games and keep it real at this point cause this is the dumbest argument.

Clearly badsykes is just strapped for cash. So let him do his little research and buy a 1080p monitor that makes him happy.
  • Hes stuck at 1080p cause he doesnt have a system that can run anything higher.
  • Dont recommend anything 4k120 hdr gsync cause that would require hdmi 2.1 and he would need a 3000 series or newer amd card and he clearly cant afford that
  • Dont recommend a 1440p monitor cause he cant upgrade his system
So all he has left is 1080p monitors and the only good feature to argue about on 1080p monitors is color accuracy cause no one was making high refresh rate monitors in 2010, just color accuracy.

Badsykes lets just keep it real you dont have the cash for something. Theres nothing wrong with not being able to afford hardware(we have all been there at some point) If you had the money we wouldnt be having this stupid conversation about 1080p monitors in 2021.

If you did have the cash you wouldnt be hung up on all these people that bought $2000 OLED monitors/tvs.

The most logical thing to do(haha..) is to future proof yourself with a better monitor and when youre ready to take advantage of its features when you upgrade you are good to go. Just because you have a 1440p monitor doesnt mean you have to run games at 1440. You can play games at 1080p and if scaling is too blurry you can play in a window.

You are going to save money in the long run because superior 1440p monitors are cheaper than high refresh rate 1080p monitors by sheer volume and competition between vendors at 1440p. Not only that you wont have to buy a new monitor AGAIN when you actually upgrade your system.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 01:44 PM   #933
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Guys lets stop playing games and keep it real at this point cause this is the dumbest argument.

Clearly badsykes is just strapped for cash. So let him do his little research and buy a 1080p monitor that makes him happy.
  • Hes stuck at 1080p cause he doesnt have a system that can run anything higher.
  • Dont recommend anything 4k120 hdr gsync cause that would require hdmi 2.1 and he would need a 3000 series or newer amd card and he clearly cant afford that
  • Dont recommend a 1440p monitor cause he cant upgrade his system
So all he has left is 1080p monitors and the only good feature to argue about on 1080p monitors is color accuracy cause no one was making high refresh rate monitors in 2010, just color accuracy.

Badsykes lets just keep it real you dont have the cash for something. Theres nothing wrong with not being able to afford hardware(we have all been there at some point) If you had the money we wouldnt be having this stupid conversation about 1080p monitors in 2021.

If you did have the cash you wouldnt be hung up on all these people that bought $2000 OLED monitors/tvs.

The most logical thing to do(haha..) is to future proof yourself with a better monitor and when youre ready to take advantage of its features when you upgrade you are good to go. Just because you have a 1440p monitor doesnt mean you have to run games at 1440. You can play games at 1080p and if scaling is too blurry you can play in a window.

You are going to save money in the long run because superior 1440p monitors are cheaper than high refresh rate 1080p monitors by sheer volume and competition between vendors at 1440p. Not only that you wont have to buy a new monitor AGAIN when you actually upgrade your system.

I agree with you.

This i didn't know and actually noone is talking about this:

Quote:
Just because you have a 1440p monitor doesnt mean you have to run games at 1440. You can play games at 1080p and if scaling is too blurry you can play in a window.
thanks for the advice
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 20, 2021, 01:52 PM   #934
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
After i saw the newegg offers it seems many manufacturers are so desperate to have a 10bit 1440p even at 200$... If one can produce a 10bit monitor 1440p at that low price why not just make it to most of the 1080p market ?
Let's move away from 8bit.

Does Vega support 10-bit color output in Windows?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...ut_in_windows/
badsykes those 10 bit 1440p monitors are really just 8 bit + FRC. It's marketing BS. Basically they trick the eyes into thinking the panel is displaying a colour that is actually outside it's colour gamut. This is a short article that is quite good.

https://www.isolapse.com/true-10-bit...he-difference/

Or read this especially the part concerning 8 bit vs 10 bit.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/ar...-Monitor-1111/

TBH I had no idea what my new monitor was so I had to look it up in the specs sheet. It's an 8 bit 16.7m colour monitor. Am I bothered, absolutely not as that was not on my list of considerations. As Nunz has said already we're all different in our requirements and for me that was UWQHD, curved, 144hz freesync premium pro, 1ms response time and low input lag. Job done and this monitor ticks all my boxes.

Ironically you don't need a workstation card to display 10 bit colour as Nvidia has released a studio driver for the RTX 3000 series cards so my 3090 can do it. I presume you can only use either the studio or gaming driver but not really looked into it.

Also, my monitor is HDR400 certified and it's pants in games. Games look terrible so would never use that. I believe Windows 10 is pretty crap with HDR too.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 02:19 PM   #935
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Your HDR is bad because it's low spec HDR without wide colour gamut, so games would look pretty bad.

Plus Badskyes isn't likely going to get a 30xx series card, his PC is pretty low end.

Last edited by SirBaron : Feb 20, 2021 at 02:24 PM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 03:02 PM   #936
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Is HDR gaming better on consoles than it is on PC? I did some quick reading and it seems Windows 10 is not that great for HDR.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 03:17 PM   #937
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Is HDR gaming better on consoles than it is on PC? I did some quick reading and it seems Windows 10 is not that great for HDR.
There were a lot of issues about a year and a half ago especially for the titles that needed it to be on in Windows but, I haven’t had any issues in at least a year and a half if not longer. Pretty much everything supports it now and works w/o issue.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 03:22 PM   #938
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yeah, it's a non issue these days.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 03:26 PM   #939
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

HDR would be a non-issue if you could leave it off in windows itself and just enable it ingame.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 03:28 PM   #940
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

The Benq EX2780Q have worse lantency around 60hz than my current monitor.

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...t-subwoofer/5/

One have to activate 144hz for the latency to drop significantly.I mostly hover around 60fps - 80fps...Most of the time sync it will be around 60hz.

Translated from german

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...t-subwoofer/7/

Quote:
The DCI-P3 color space makes the display particularly suitable as a display device for films. In addition to the very good illumination of the black screen, movie buffs also get their justification with 24 Hz playback. The very good viewing angle stability also allows a movie night in a larger group with the internal speakers doing a decent job. However, the demands placed on the DisplayHDR-400 certification should not be so high, as this actually only means entry into the world of HDR displays. The effect is too small for an aha experience. The gaming properties are impressive due to the high possible update rate of 144 Hz. The delay is also suitable for fast shooters. However, the performance of the switching times does not come close to that of the top gaming displays. For this you are rewarded with the intense colors of the DCI-P3 color space, which make games look very lively. But here, too, the HDR mode cannot tear us off our feet. Overall, the BenQ EX2780Q offers a very good all-round package for a reasonable street price of 485 EUR, which on our part leads to a buy recommendation.

Last edited by badsykes : Feb 20, 2021 at 03:34 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 03:28 PM   #941
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
HDR would be a non-issue if you could leave it off in windows itself and just enable it ingame.
I'm able to leave it on in Windows without any problems using my LG CX. I prefer to leave it off anyway since I'm paranoid about overly bright things on the screen all the time and burn in...but I experience no issues and it looks great.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 03:53 PM   #942
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I leave it on full time these days w/o issue. Still I think a lot of games are independent of the windows settings for HDR.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 04:08 PM   #943
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

I am looking at Acer Predator XB253QGP test on prad and it behaves the same as EX2780Q
At 60hz the latencies sucks big time and one has to use 144hz to have low latencies.,

60hz
https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...rkseinstellung

144hz
https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...elekonsolen/5/

The Benq Sw240 have better latencies at 60hz than both of those dedicated gaming monitors.

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...-ueberzeugt/5/

And this is the test for my current monitor Eizo FS2434.Input lag is less than 0.05 frames.

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...k/6/#Overdrive

My current monitor beats all 3 new monitors at 60hz at latency...

I didn't count for this matter .... I am thinking about the downsides for NON-native 60hz panels.In my mind if the FPS is dropping around 60fps - 70fps the Freesync will sync at 60hz-70hz so it will use the higher latencies spectrum .... Anybody can cofirm this logic ? The thing is i will use the 50-100fps vast majority of the time.

Last edited by badsykes : Feb 20, 2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 04:39 PM   #944
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
I am looking at Acer Predator XB253QGP test on prad and it behaves the same as EX2780Q
At 60hz the latencies sucks big time and one has to use 144hz to have low latencies.,

60hz
https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...rkseinstellung

144hz
https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...elekonsolen/5/

The Benq Sw240 have better latencies at 60hz than both of those dedicated gaming monitors.

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...-ueberzeugt/5/

And this is the test for my current monitor Eizo FS2434.Input lag is less than 0.05 frames.

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/tes...k/6/#Overdrive

My current monitor beats all 3 new monitors at 60hz at latency...

I didn't count for this matter .... I am thinking about the downsides for NON-native 60hz panels.In my mind if the FPS is dropping around 60fps - 70fps the Freesync will sync at 60hz-70hz so it will use the higher latencies spectrum .... Anybody can cofirm this logic ? The thing is i will use the 50-100fps vast majority of the time.
Firstly the Acer monitor is 8 bit 16.7m colours so you know that right? No 1.07bn I'm afraid. Unless your GPU is totally rubbish you should be able to play games at 1440p you just need to tweak the settings in each game you play.

IMHO native resolution is better than dropping to 1080. As everyone has pointed out it's just a series of compromises you have to make to get you to where you want to be. You can turn some settings off, reduce to medium or low just experiment until you find that sweet spot that gives you the FPS you want. This is what I did with my 5700XT and it worked well. Don't need to do it now of course because I could afford the Ferrari GPU so I bought it.

Unfortunately badsykes you want own a Ferrari but you only have the budget for a push bike. Sadly it's not going to happen. Work out your budget then get the best bang for buck you can afford and buy it.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Feb 20, 2021, 04:44 PM   #945
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I won't worry about the 60hz performance on higher Hz monitors. Even if you can only achieve 60fps, you would leave the monitor in 144hz mode and use Freesync or GSYNC when gaming anywayto help elevate the issue.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 04:47 PM   #946
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Big difference. On my XboneX and LG 49" 4K HDR TV HDR gaming is excellent. Total game changer IMHO.

Quote:
So this is the first monitor I've owned that has HDR so in order to play it in games do I need to first enable it in Windows 10? In Division 2 and BFV the default setting was auto so it just enabled HDR and it was crap the colours were so washed out I quickly turned it off. I haven't set HDR in Windows 10. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 04:53 PM   #947
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Firstly the Acer monitor is 8 bit 16.7m colours so you know that right? No 1.07bn I'm afraid. Unless your GPU is totally rubbish you should be able to play games at 1440p you just need to tweak the settings in each game you play.

IMHO native resolution is better than dropping to 1080. As everyone has pointed out it's just a series of compromises you have to make to get you to where you want to be. You can turn some settings off, reduce to medium or low just experiment until you find that sweet spot that gives you the FPS you want. This is what I did with my 5700XT and it worked well. Don't need to do it now of course because I could afford the Ferrari GPU so I bought it.

Unfortunately badsykes you want own a Ferrari but you only have the budget for a push bike. Sadly it's not going to happen. Work out your budget then get the best bang for buck you can afford and buy it.

There seems to be a behaviour with high refresh rate gaming monitors having huge latency at the 60hz vs native 60hz monitors..This is why i put the acer.I looked at an Asus and there is the same behaviour.

Last edited by badsykes : Feb 20, 2021 at 05:00 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 05:06 PM   #948
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Running games at lower resolution than native will always look crappy, so for me no point in getting a 4k monitor until one can afford at least a 3080, or find one altogether.

Ordered an UWQHD Gigabyte G34WQC which should arrive next week, and I already know 3440x1440 is going to give my 1080 a hard time.
I seriously considered that Gigabyte monitor but I read loads of reviews and virtually everyone said it was the worst factory calibrated monitor of them all so I decided to go with the iiyama. It's certainly taxing my 3090 more than 2560x1440 did which is what I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Your HDR is bad because it's low spec HDR without wide colour gamut, so games would look pretty bad.

Plus Badskyes isn't likely going to get a 30xx series card, his PC is pretty low end.
I know I never bought this monitor for HDR and was just surprised that games enabled it without asking. Dread to think what some HDR10 monitors like in HDR ugh.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 05:22 PM   #949
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Some games require you to enable HDR in windows, some don't.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2021, 05:39 PM   #950
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
There seems to be a behaviour with high refresh rate gaming monitors having huge latency at the 60hz vs native 60hz monitors..This is why i put the acer.I looked at an Asus and there is the same behaviour.
Why would you run at 60hz if you ahve a 144hz monitor?

Just always use 144hz, you don't need 144fps to use 144hz.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 05:46 PM   #951
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

This thread makes me want to......

Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2021, 12:17 AM   #952
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Why would you run at 60hz if you ahve a 144hz monitor?

Just always use 144hz, you don't need 144fps to use 144hz.
I will study how freesync works.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 01:54 AM   #953
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?t=6694

Quote:
Another piece of lag education, is that 60fps at 240Hz is lower latency than 60fps at 60Hz. That's because of scanout latency (high speed videos) since not all pixels on a display refreshes at the same time.
Quote:
You won't be able to fix your blur of low frame rate, but NO desktop monitor can anyway....so you can only do your best to "make low frame rates as good as possible given today's technology" and that's almost always 240Hz VRR. Because you get natural quick frame transport with low-framerate VRR (For 240Hz VRR, those 60fps frames transmitted to monitor in only 1/240sec yet looks exactly like a perfect 60fps VSYNC ON but feels largely like VSYNC OFF). And variable refresh rate erase your stutters + tearing.

Last edited by badsykes : Feb 21, 2021 at 02:11 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 05:30 AM   #954
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
I seriously considered that Gigabyte monitor but I read loads of reviews and virtually everyone said it was the worst factory calibrated monitor of them all so I decided to go with the iiyama. It's certainly taxing my 3090 more than 2560x1440 did which is what I wanted.
I have the iiyama ready on my list should the Gigabyte prove unworthy. Kind of getting the hang of returning monitors lately.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2021, 11:58 AM   #955
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

So quiet ...

:P
Old Feb 22, 2021, 12:41 PM   #956
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
So quiet ...

:P
Let's keep it that way.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2021, 01:06 PM   #957
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Nothing more to talk about. When you buy something we'll talk.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote