Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 31, 2017, 04:55 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

The endgame is pretty much all multiplayer, not necessarily PVP but there's only so much you can do solo.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2017, 07:04 PM   #212
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

I mean, endgame is just grinding up to 305 and collecting gear for now. All you need for that is milestones which can all be done solo except the raid. There's no real reason to do the raid if you don't want to since if you're part of a clan, assuming your clan mates do the raid, you'll get drop from it anyhow.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:44 PM   #213
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes, that is how I am at 300 right now. I have the assault, scout, rocket launcher and pulse from the raid already. I don't think Raid armor drops can be had by clan objectives. At least my luck has been shite about that.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:52 AM   #214
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

It can.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Nov 1, 2017, 01:17 AM   #215
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Is there any downside to fusion weapons and shards to make an older weapon better if you like it?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2017, 01:21 AM   #216
Zero
Sass hole

Not really, you have enough shards and weapon drops to do basically anything you want if you play regularly. Just keep an eye out for certain weapons to keep from the meta (eg antiope, Uriel's Gift) and don't infuse them into others.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Nov 1, 2017, 03:32 AM   #217
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Haven't had time to play much so I'm at 261...playing all solo so far.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2017, 08:57 AM   #218
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Haven't had time to play much so I'm at 261...playing all solo so far.
More time than me. Finished the campaign and I think Im like 218. I think I find the incremental progression annoying. Is it possible to find like a 250 helmet only when your level like 210? Or is that their wall to keep people grinding? ALso has trading weapons been a thing in the first Destiny?

Old Nov 1, 2017, 09:20 AM   #219
Zero
Sass hole

I doubt you'll ever find anything that's 40 points higher than you after hitting level 20. I don't recall the grind from 220-270 being too bad. There is no trading.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:02 AM   #220
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Anyone know how the gun system works in Destiny? I'm mostly wondering how it compares to Borderlands. It seems the high-end guns are like the named weapons in Borderlands (set, but maybe with some variety in damage though with static damage type, ammo capacity, fire rate, etc.), but for the rest is it possible to get some really interesting combinations (like shotguns that fire rockets or weird **** like that)?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:04 AM   #221
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Anyone know how the gun system works in Destiny? I'm mostly wondering how it compares to Borderlands. It seems the high-end guns are like the named weapons in Borderlands (set, but maybe with some variety in damage though with static damage type, ammo capacity, fire rate, etc.), but for the rest is it possible to get some really interesting combinations (like shotguns that fire rockets or weird **** like that)?
Nothing like borderlands with crazy prefixes that change the weapons. The only thing I can tell that changes is damages and colors.

Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:06 AM   #222
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Looks like there are some weapons that are cool, but they have long chains of stuff to complete in order to get them. Still nothing like Borderlands.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:19 AM   #223
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Looks like there are some weapons that are cool, but they have long chains of stuff to complete in order to get them. Still nothing like Borderlands.
I've seen a few interesting ones, but mostly graphically (where the clip is a round-thing on the end of the grip or a side loader). I have had one Legendary drop and it is nice (some sun-damage pistol that sees guys explode in bursts of fire on death). But yeah, was hoping I'd see more crazy stuff.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:23 PM   #224
Zero
Sass hole

Destiny's gunplay aims for balance over wackiness. Guns differ on impact (damage), range, stability, handling, reload. Rocket launchers, fusion rifles, and swords have specific parameters individual to their weapon type (like blast radius or sword defense). You're looking to find weapons that fit with your playstyle and environment. For example, if you prefer to outshoot enemies at range or are playing long range maps, get a scout rifle with high range/impact. Pay attention to the perks that come with your weapon as well, like if you are a compulsive reloader, try to use a weapon that gives you damage bonus on reloads.

You're mostly going to be using legendary (purple) weapons and the occasional exotic (gold). The exotics have more interesting perks. One of the basic exotic weapons everyone should get is the Mida Multitool. That's from a quest chain but it's not particularly difficult to complete. Coldheart is another one that you want to keep for boss damage and raid purposes.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Nov 2, 2017, 03:02 PM   #225
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Thanks Zero!

Hey, maybe you can answer me this: When I switch weapon type in my 3rd slot, I lose the ammo inside the weapon and the new one has 0 (or whatever is remaining). Does that seem correct?

If I keep two of them on hand for different instances, I thought they would retain their ammo between swaps (to hold more total) but I think it zeros them out? I understand that could be so people don't cheat, but it makes it so you can't feasibly keep two of those types around unless there is loads of purple ammo on the ground.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 03:16 PM   #226
Zero
Sass hole

That's correct,when you switch power weapons you lose the ammo. Exception, if you have full power ammo, sometimes switching to another power weapon leaves you with a few rounds. And the wardcliffe coil glitch (not sure if patched on PC): equip wardcliffe, make sure you have at least 1 round in it, pick up 1 power ammo drop, switch to a legendary power weapon -> that power weapon now has full Ammo. That's likely to be patched very soon if it still works.

As for power ammo in general, the only time I've ever been lacking for it is doing the prestige raid. Otherwise it seems to drop pretty regularly from killing orange/yellow bar enemies or all the time in the open world.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Nov 2, 2017, 05:34 PM   #227
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Still haven't purchased, I have a feeling I will enjoy the campaign, but I am not a huge fan of the way Destiny set up it's loot system.

I have a huge back log I will most likely wait for a game of the year edition or w/e in 6-10 months from now. It should be nice and polished by then.

Do they offer heroic modes on the quests?
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2017, 05:57 PM   #228
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

How does this compare to Borderlands?
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:01 PM   #229
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bires View Post
It has better mechanics than Borderlands and I guess a better story. But Borderlands has a better looting mechanic in my opinion.

They are so different its hard to really even compare the 2 games. Even though technically they are both FPS shoot and looters. They are far apart in atmosphere and just about everything besides the genre.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:29 PM   #230
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bires View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanna View Post
It has better mechanics than Borderlands and I guess a better story. But Borderlands has a better looting mechanic in my opinion.

They are so different its hard to really even compare the 2 games. Even though technically they are both FPS shoot and looters. They are far apart in atmosphere and just about everything besides the genre.
From a person who has collectively 400+ hours in the Borderlands, I'm enjoying Destiny and certainly see the similarities.

I'm not sure I would say the mechanics are better than Borderlands' (or at least Borderlands 2, which was the best one). The shielded characters and power weapons in Destiny are interesting, but definitely not as fleshed out as the sludge/elemental weapons in BL2. I do think the class abilities are better than in Borderlands, but the skill trees aren't as impressive (Destiny could have really added some cool passives to a set class tree to split up the different character builds a bit more). In BL2 you could have a build that would stress Assault Rifles, or guns with high rate of fire, etc. Destiny isn't really that detailed (at least not so far for me at Power Level 220).

And for story, BL2 had much better humour... Really the entire Borderlands story was ridiculous humour. Destiny has some humour (mostly thanks to Clyde-6), but the story is way more interesting from a Sci-Fi point of view.

The biggest problem with Borderlands is that you had to finish the story approximately 3 times to get to max difficulty and really see how the weapons and elements all worked. Most people stopped playing long before 3 times - and in the early levels, you can kill anything with anything.

That said, Borderlands is a very lonely game whereas the drop-in multiplayer of Destiny makes seeing other people and shooting big things together a good ol' time.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 05:04 AM   #231
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

No shooter/looter has done goode active/useable skills since hellgate london :/ Would have been nice to see them in destiny. Or at least have a bunch for each character in the next borderlands.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:22 AM   #232
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yes, that is how I am at 300 right now. I have the assault, scout, rocket launcher and pulse from the raid already. I don't think Raid armor drops can be had by clan objectives. At least my luck has been shite about that.
How are you level 300 wtf?
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2017, 11:30 AM   #233
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

On PS4.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 08:09 PM   #234
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
On PS4.
Oh ok that makes sense.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2017, 08:39 PM   #235
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Made it to 270, but I think that's about as far as I can get solo.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 09:44 PM   #236
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
You can get all the way up to 305 solo. Try to push to 280 and then buy mods.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:31 PM   #237
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Climb from 270 to 280 was ridiculous. Lots of grinding. Then it got even worse. I put only from 298 to 300 last week
Old Nov 4, 2017, 01:31 AM   #238
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Where's a good vendor to buy mods? I haven't really found any yet and have a full bank of Glimmer and nothing to buy.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 02:21 AM   #239
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Where's a good vendor to buy mods? I haven't really found any yet and have a full bank of Glimmer and nothing to buy.
You can only buy mods from the gunsmith once you hit 280. Before that it's going to be random drops. Pay attention to legendary gear that comes with mods preinstalled, keep those and infuse into them.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Nov 4, 2017, 05:55 AM   #240
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Thanks Zero, appreciate it.