Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 20, 2018, 07:44 AM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
So is this (and the first one) worth playing for the SP campaign? I've had the urge to check it out, but after reading tons of mixed comments I'm hesitating...
I never played the first one, but the SP campaign in the second isn't bad at all. It's pretty short though.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2018, 07:56 AM   #302
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I never played the first one, but the SP campaign in the second isn't bad at all. It's pretty short though.
Ok thanks Greasy. I keep getting nostalgic for a good old fashioned shoot em up and these looked like they might just fit the bill.
Old May 20, 2018, 09:39 AM   #303
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I think you are overselling the SP campaign. It is pretty bad. The graphics are pretty and it runs well, and you shoot stuff. That is it for the good parts of the campaign. Everything else is pretty bad, especially the dialogue. Its worth $12, but not more than that. For all the hate BF and CoD SP campaigns get, they are masterpieces compared to the Destiny 2 campaign.

That said, I still played the campaign and the expansion campaigns because I like SP FPS stuff and the shooting is serviceable, albeit repetitive.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 21, 2018, 05:04 AM   #304
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
So is this (and the first one) worth playing for the SP campaign? I've had the urge to check it out, but after reading tons of mixed comments I'm hesitating...
I got Destiny 2 through the Monthly Humble Bundle, which means €12, and come June the actual bundle unlocks with whatever games. So in terms of value for money, it was absolutely worth it.

In terms of quality though, your assessment so far is correct: it's a mixed bag. It's very pretty, the mechanics are sound, the production quality is high. The story however is weak as balls, the immediacy of your missions only picks up after a while, the combat is reasonable at best. Performance is good, and I can imagine that if you do fall for the Destiny universe and its multiplayer side, you'll end up a big fan.

However, if you're just looking for a good single player shooter campaign, there are probably other games out there you may have not yet tried. I've got my eyes on Titanfall 2, perhaps through Origin Access (lots of games, small monthly fee). Grossly overlooked apparently, only good comments, haven't touched it yet.

Oh, small sidenote: Destiny 1 has an sp campaign, but it wasn't released on PC. That might influence your decision as well.
Old May 21, 2018, 06:30 AM   #305
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
I got Destiny 2 through the Monthly Humble Bundle, which means €12, and come June the actual bundle unlocks with whatever games. So in terms of value for money, it was absolutely worth it.

In terms of quality though, your assessment so far is correct: it's a mixed bag. It's very pretty, the mechanics are sound, the production quality is high. The story however is weak as balls, the immediacy of your missions only picks up after a while, the combat is reasonable at best. Performance is good, and I can imagine that if you do fall for the Destiny universe and its multiplayer side, you'll end up a big fan.

However, if you're just looking for a good single player shooter campaign, there are probably other games out there you may have not yet tried. I've got my eyes on Titanfall 2, perhaps through Origin Access (lots of games, small monthly fee). Grossly overlooked apparently, only good comments, haven't touched it yet.

Oh, small sidenote: Destiny 1 has an sp campaign, but it wasn't released on PC. That might influence your decision as well.
Hey thanks for the feedback twonha - I think between your comments and t0adp1p3's I'm going to err on the side of caution on this one. I already have a couple of games in my backlog that I bought and just can't finish for various reasons. No need to add another I won't finish Not much for this type of MP so...
Old May 22, 2018, 09:22 AM   #306
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
I've got my eyes on Titanfall 2, perhaps through Origin Access (lots of games, small monthly fee). Grossly overlooked apparently, only good comments, haven't touched it yet.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 09:53 AM   #307
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The soft cap wall is real now for filthy casuals such as myself. Getting over 345 light is a royal pita.

You have to do a lot of raids, and most people are doing those late at night. That don't work out so well for old farts like myself with a job and kids.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:00 AM   #308
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Angry

Quote:
You have to do a lot of raids, and most people are doing those late at night. That don't work out so well for old farts like myself with a job and kids.
that's actually one of the reasons why i've quit almost every mmo i've played in the last years

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 09:13 PM   #309
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I've put about four hours into it now, and after the silly SP-only introduction, I feel like it hits what I miss about Hellgate London. I know that there are elements of the game (raids) that require calculated multiplayer interaction, but so far, most of the game's MP seems like a pot luck. You bring what you want, and don't expect anyone else's dish to be good. Any way it goes, your belly is satisfied.

For the 'calculated MP' aspect, I think I can enjoy the game just fine without participating in that. Will journalog later when I put a few more hours into it.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2018, 04:03 AM   #310
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah I didn’t do a single raid in this game.
I am playing the new expansion but have zero motivation to continue except to put it in my complete games list and then uninstall.

It is just OK.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:54 PM   #311
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So I've saved this until I got my QHD UW monitor, but have put a week in, and it's a really fun game; one part Firefall,, one part Borderlands.

Anyway,

Recommend a still-active clan? I'm PL 260 and have completed the campaign.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2018, 04:54 AM   #312
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bires View Post
So I've saved this until I got my QHD UW monitor, but have put a week in, and it's a really fun game; one part Firefall,, one part Borderlands.

Anyway,

Recommend a still-active clan? I'm PL 260 and have completed the campaign.
You will get bored pretty quick since you reached end game. I know I did, and I learned that slow after sinking money into the season pass. Not biting anything more from Bungie.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2018, 06:58 AM   #313
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You need to pay 40 for the new expansion.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 08:23 AM   #314
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
You will get bored pretty quick since you reached end game. I know I did, and I learned that slow after sinking money into the season pass. Not biting anything more from Bungie.
You're probably right. I was hoping there would be a deal for Osiris, Warmind, and Forsaken. Right now, the DLCs are pretty spendy.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 03:07 PM   #315
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Yeah, I'm kind of ticked that the Season Pass doesn't include the upcoming content since there wasn't that much value for the last ones.

I still really enjoy the gameplay, but the content is lacking. It's too bad Anthem won't be out by the time Forsaken is released, though... I would consider switching games entirely.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2018, 03:19 PM   #316
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Are you still in the R3D clan? If you want to join an active clan, I think there's still a few open slots in the one I'm in now. They're really active.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2832145
Old Jun 28, 2018, 04:59 PM   #317
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

AFAIK, Forsaken requires the two DLCs but there is no from vanilla upgrade. That's 70 clams; too much for me.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:02 AM   #318
KAC
That postcount though...

Forsaken now comes with an annual pass option for 70 pounds in my region. Activision can eat my dick.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 04:08 PM   #319
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Are you still in the R3D clan? If you want to join an active clan, I think there's still a few open slots in the one I'm in now. They're really active.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2832145
Since I started the clan I don't think I can leave it (I have tried to disband it but no go). Maybe I just need to make somebody else a leader. An active clan would probably get me playing this game more often.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 05:10 AM   #320
KAC
That postcount though...

Any gay got the forsaken nonsense?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 05:24 AM   #321
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States BuRp!!! Dey Dont make CheeKins likE day uSed TA!!
Beak is still being judged by the masses

Its alright still the same game theres more things to do more options to bring up your level doing dailys in cruciable, gambit or strikes its harder to complete the clan weekly though.

I havent finished the the campaign yet lights up to 514 trying to get it high as possible as i do the story.

Getting 500 light is easy before the story.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2018, 06:53 PM   #322
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Gambit mode is well worth the price of admission for me. On paper, it seems like it would get stale, but the opposing players can change it up so much.

The random weapon and armor perks can be hit or miss depending on your RNG, but it feels good to get a good roll, and when you don't it makes you want to get another....

The story missions are pretty fun. The dreaming city is probably my favorite destiny zone ever. My group had steered away from finding all of the secrets via Google and just working through things. We've stumbled upon things, probably missed more, but it's fun to not have your hand held again.

This is the version of destiny 2 that should've been here a year ago... Things like the collections tab are things they ditched from Destiny 1 with no reason only to add it back again and make the game easier on its player base...

It will be interesting to see if they can keep up the enthusiasm between the DLC releases.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:55 PM   #323
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Lots of existing and new games that compete for my time and respect. Bungie fell off for me and will need a huge push to get back to my trust list, along with Ubisoft, EA and Activision.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:28 AM   #324
KAC
That postcount though...

Yes I ain’t buying the expansion. There are literally no gays on my friends list playing this game.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:34 AM   #325
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

I enjoyed the game a lot at first but felt ripped off at the expansions. I'll probably get it sometime, but might wait to see what Anthem has in store.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:35 AM   #326
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

There's so much more to do now, that I spent probably 15 hours playing this week, and still haven't got all the weekly milestones completed.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 03:10 PM   #327
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Game is free on Battle.net until November 18th

What a failure this one turned out to be...

Might as well see what it's all about at that price tho >:3

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2018, 03:32 PM   #328
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yep. Just got this nice surprise on Bnet.

In what sense is it a failure? Is it just not as good and as widely played as Warframe?
I mean people call Diablo 3 a failure too by that yardstick (when compared to PoE).

It's a coop shooter afterall, how big can they get.
My favorite is KF2 and it's not a huge success either.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2018, 03:34 PM   #329
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilsingh View Post
Yep. Just got this nice surprise on Bnet.

In what sense is it a failure? Is it just not as good and as widely played as Warframe?
I mean people call Diablo 3 a failure too by that yardstick (when compared to PoE).

It's a coop shooter afterall, how big can they get.
My favorite is KF2 and it's not a huge success either.
I'm just being a doom and gloom nerd to rile people up ignore me :D

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2018, 04:02 PM   #330
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

On the other hand; giving away such a big title, one which was a sequel to a AAA franchise for free in just 1 year?
That's about as doom and gloom as one can get .
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote