Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 7, 2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Do you believe in destiny?

How is this possible?

If destiny designed a master plan which defines everything that is to happen, isn't it useless, for example, to go to a doctor? If I am ill and it is my destiny to regain health, then I will regain health whether I visit a doctor or not. If it is my destiny to not regain my health, then seeing a doctor can't help me.

Discuss.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 10:52 AM   #2
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
How is this possible?

If destiny designed a master plan which defines everything that is to happen, isn't it useless, for example, to go to a doctor? If I am ill and it is my destiny to regain health, then I will regain health whether I visit a doctor or not. If it is my destiny to not regain my health, then seeing a doctor can't help me.

Discuss.
Maybe it's destiny that you're brought back to health with the help of a doctor.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 10:56 AM   #3
ReiaH
Rage3d Tool

ReiaH is still being judged by the masses

Theres to way of people refering to destiny.

One is that it is uncertain.

Two is that it is certain.

Think if the entire universe since the Big bang is just a reaction to action, on any level down to the subparticles, then whateve thought you think is just a reaction to big bang, if thats the case, destiny exist.

Now think if there is such a thing as unpredicitble actions, then the outcome would be unpredictible, thus relaying on uncertainty, which would also indicate destiny.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:43 PM   #4
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

I believe life is in 3 parts.

Choices, destiny and randomness.

Choices are what changes your life the most.
Everyday we makes choices that decide what happens
to us.

Destiny is where other people's choices involve us.
For example, you go into a public place, and across the room,
you spot the cuty and just want to learn more. You go over
and she feels the same way about you. This is destiny
because your choice merges with somebody elses.

Finally you have ramdomness. This is the rain falling on
your head and making you into a bad hari day, some one
hitting your car because of whatever, you having
a flat tire because of some random object too small to see.

Curiously, people often mix randomness and destiny not understanding
the forces at work. If you get a flat tire, and stay in your car
and call CAA(AAA), your choice cannot coincide or merge
with someone else. However, if you get out of your car and
try to fix the flat yourself, other people will stop to help you
and you may meet a new freind, or more. This case is destiny
brought on by a choice made FACING randomness...

Please feel free to ask questions.

MG
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:50 PM   #5
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

No. I don't like the feeling of not being in control of my life. "destiny" if you will is just what happens in your life, it's not like you were "chosen" to end up where you were, you just do purely on your actions and luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:52 PM   #6
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
No. I don't like the feeling of not being in control of my life. "destiny" if you will is just what happens in your life, it's not like you were "chosen" to end up where you were, you just do purely on your actions and luck.
interesting how you mention the word "luck"...
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:56 PM   #7
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Do you believe in destiny?
not for a second
Old Dec 7, 2007, 12:57 PM   #8
ReiaH
Rage3d Tool

ReiaH is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Interesting that he refers to destiny as control.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:29 PM   #9
PiIsExactly3
Aurabolt!

PiIsExactly3 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
Interesting how he mentions the word "is".

"For my money, there is nothing funnier than provoking idiots." -Tucker Max
PiIsExactly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:36 PM   #10
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Not at all.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:37 PM   #11
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Yep. Good or bad luck. Just random **** happening that can have minor or major impacts that you can't control. Destiny doesn't exist, life does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:38 PM   #12
Jas420221
Banned

Jas420221 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Not at all.
Jas420221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 02:09 PM   #13
Sir Duke
Radeon R700

Sir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

not really. I believe everything is chaotically random, like in quatum mechanics how electrons jump from one orbit to another in seemingly random fashion. but what do i know, there may exists a higher order out there in which to us, it seems random, but to that higher order, it's no longer random.
Sir Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 03:17 PM   #14
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

its my destiny to lead the remains of the human race in the war against machines and smash the skynet grid.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 04:12 PM   #15
kaarel
Radeon R700

kaarel is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiaH View Post
Think if the entire universe since the Big bang is just a reaction to action, on any level down to the subparticles, then whateve thought you think is just a reaction to big bang, if thats the case, destiny exist.
Your idea is brilliant to help thinking further.
If the universe is a sphere, then logically the singularity that preceded Big Bang was completely even and after bang it emitted energy evenly to every direction. Up to that point everything was predictable.
But today if we divide the Universe into to two similar halfes then they are not similar anymore (not another kaarel on the other half )
Total mass and energy may be equal but that is about it. A lot of randomness from a point called Singularity.
The Universe is like a big playground with a lot of random sand and a set of rules that apply inside.
I wonder if we kids can one day see, if there are any parents "nearby" and if there are, what are they thinking.
Or is it just that two planes in higher dimension crashed into each other and released some energy.
Or is it music.
Whatever it is, it's beautiful.
kaarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 08:36 PM   #16
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

With age, your destiny plan is recorded in form of a spiral in your brain and your actions are executed because of that subconscious plan without you knowing.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 09:03 PM   #17
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

I don't believe in destiny because my wife tells me what to do.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 09:28 PM   #18
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't, but I'm not willing to say that it can't exist....

It's an odd way of looking at the world from my perspective, but it seems just as valid as my own.

I think the idea behind destiny isn't that things will just happen as intended, but every choice you think you're making is really predefined as part of your destiny..... I like the illusion of freewill if nothing else.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 09:46 PM   #19
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Chuck Norris says, "destiny is a bitches name"!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 09:51 PM   #20
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
I believe life is in 3 parts.

Choices, destiny and randomness.

Choices are what changes your life the most.
Everyday we makes choices that decide what happens
to us.

Destiny is where other people's choices involve us.
For example, you go into a public place, and across the room,
you spot the cuty and just want to learn more. You go over
and she feels the same way about you. This is destiny
because your choice merges with somebody elses.

Finally you have ramdomness. This is the rain falling on
your head and making you into a bad hari day, some one
hitting your car because of whatever, you having
a flat tire because of some random object too small to see.

Curiously, people often mix randomness and destiny not understanding
the forces at work. If you get a flat tire, and stay in your car
and call CAA(AAA), your choice cannot coincide or merge
with someone else. However, if you get out of your car and
try to fix the flat yourself, other people will stop to help you
and you may meet a new freind, or more. This case is destiny
brought on by a choice made FACING randomness...

Please feel free to ask questions.

MG
Well said my friend. Plus Rep. And I believe it was Alientanks destiny to cause to you write this, and it was his randomness fault to cause you to write this. If that makes sense.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 11:44 PM   #21
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Mmmm, I think it as destiny for me to write this in light
of Alientanks ramdomness to write his, for I am concerned.

For what AT is concerned, it was his choice and I came upon it
by randomness. My choice to respond made it destiny!

Life is beautiful!
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 11:45 PM   #22
Osirus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

was it my destiny to post a non contributing post in this thread?
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:20 AM   #23
Bamboozled
Radeon Sea Islands

Bamboozled is still being judged by the masses

...but I don't thin it's her real name

Star Blazers theme
Bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:33 AM   #24
TheOwly1
Radeon Sea Islands

TheOwly1 is still being judged by the masses

It would be a pretty messed up world for people to have a "Destiny" to die young or a "Destiny" to get raped and commit suicide. Life is too random to have been planned. Especialy when much of it is out of ones control.
You see a signature. It is a picture of an astonishing island landscape. A picture of the best cat you have ever seen is in the bottom left corner, as well as a detailed list of system specs. The font is large and bold.
TheOwly1 is offline   Reply With Quote