Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GamingLordX
Radeon R520

GamingLordX is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation Sony Announces Enhanced PSP Battery Pack

Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment announced two new official PSP products today:

-The "PSP-280" battery pack
-The "PSP-MP1G" 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo

The battery pack is 2200mAh versus the included battery's (PSP-110) 1800mAh capacity; this equates to about 20% more battery life for you. This one will be available for 5,565 yen (~$48 USD) on October 28th.

The "PSP-MP1G" is a 1GB version of that Memory Stick included with your PSP. Not much to say about this one, because I'm pretty sure most of us who wanted a 1GB stick have one by now. It'll be available October 28th for 9,500 yen (~$83 USD), so it looks like Sony is taking a new approach to the typically high (in comparison to other flash memory) Memory Stick Duo prices.
Read more about it here: http://www.psp-vault.com/Article328.psp
Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:19 PM   #2
vazel
Banned

vazel is still being judged by the masses

yea, they were going to bring out a longer lasting battery in preparation for when games start to uncap the full 333mhz cpu which will drain more power.
vazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Braham
Radeon R700

Braham is still being judged by the masses

The mem stick pricing is a good step. I havent run into battery issues yet, but I'm always looking for good deals on mem sticks and all this can do is help.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 4, 2005, 01:04 PM   #4
kassa_05
Radeon R300

kassa_05 is still being judged by the masses

about the memory stick...

there's the only for PSP use memory stick and there's the memory stick for general use... does anyone know what the difference is between the two?? i'm suspecting that
the data trasnfer speed is slower for the PSP only memory sticks... but couldn't find the specs on sandisk's website and not too sure about this..
kassa_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 01:45 PM   #5
phexus
Radeon Evergreen

phexus is still being judged by the masses

hmm, this makes the PSP more attractive for me.. I was conserned with the low battery life before. Mabe if we are lucky they will release yet more powerful batteries later on.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 01:54 PM   #6
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassa_05
about the memory stick...

there's the only for PSP use memory stick and there's the memory stick for general use... does anyone know what the difference is between the two?? i'm suspecting that
the data trasnfer speed is slower for the PSP only memory sticks... but couldn't find the specs on sandisk's website and not too sure about this..
Whats the point in worrying about transfer speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 02:10 PM   #7
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax
Well if your gunna put a 900mb file on a Memory stick it will be nice if it does it alot faster. However i assume mainly ISO pirates will use it because of faster load times.

My self however, i buy the game then rip it to a ISO because the load times are alot faster then a UMD plus the battery life is longer .

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 03:49 PM   #8
kassa_05
Radeon R300

kassa_05 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax
cuz i want the game to load faster when its retrieving data from the memory stick..... well yea. its a diff of 3 or 4 sec... but it kinda gets annoying when you have to wait frequently
kassa_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 05:49 PM   #9
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I'm kinda surprised Sony only included an 1800mAh battery to begin with...heck you can already buy NiMh AA batteries that have 2600mAh capacity. I know the Lithium battery is different but they could have done much better than 1800.

That goes for Nintendo too...imagine the battery life of a GBA with an 1800mAh battery
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 08:10 PM   #10
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've yet to have an issue with my PSP battery, but I'll probably get the new battery and keep the old as a backup.

On the gameboy front, that big of a battery would be insane. On another note I still dont understand N's logic with the micro at $100 when they just realsed the new brighter SP which still retails at like $80. I saw the new model along with the micro couple weeks ago from our Nintendo Rep. loved the SP, micro was way too small for my hands and long gaming.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote