Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Oct 19, 2020, 07:19 PM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Cheers Caveman, long time no speak. Hope everything's OK. I'll see how much the AMD 6000 costs me before deciding on a new CPU
I'm good, man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Someone must've hacked his account. No way I'm seeing the real jimbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
He beams down once in a blue moon.
<tardis noises>
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2020, 08:27 PM   #302
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

welcome back jim
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:15 PM   #303
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Damn hope they used regular cooling to get this:

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-595...e-competition/

Quote:
The AMD Ryzen 9 5900X scored 1605 points in the single-threaded &12,869 points in the multi-threaded tests. Once again, the chip was boosting beyond its rated boost clocks with the highest core clock reported at 4.947 GHz in the multi-threaded and 4.95 GHz in the single-threaded test.
5 ghz all core boost?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XZFXZ RXZ 480 GTR Cats 20.9.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:25 PM   #304
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If it's only pushing 4.95Ghz single-core I doubt it'll run 5Ghz all-core.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2020, 04:00 PM   #305
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
Both consoles use Zen 2 and are clocked 3.5-3.8ghz. So a Ryzen 3000 Matisse 8c over 3.8ghz will be comparable. A ryzen 5000 zen 3 8 core chip over 3.2 ghz will be comparable (3.2 x 1.19 = 3.8)

SoC architecture is different, fabrics, uncore, gpu, latency, less overhead of MS/Sony console OS... get a 5800x and keep it boosting with good cooling and good mobo.
Holy shite a wild Caveman appeared!
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:11 AM   #306
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

https://twitter.com/TUM_APISAK/statu...19878401617920

Quote:
APISAK
@TUM_APISAK
Boostclock
from Geekbench
R7 5800X - 4.84 GHz
R9 5900X - 4.94 GHz
R9 5950X - 5.04 GHz

AMD spec
R7 5800X - 4.7 GHz
R9 5900X - 4.8 GHz
R9 5950X - 4.9 GHz
Looks like good cooling plus PBO. I wanna see those all core boosts tho.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XZFXZ RXZ 480 GTR Cats 20.9.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 22, 2020, 04:45 AM   #307
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I noticed this too. Have seen a few reports of PBO hitting over 5GHz with 5950x. Everyone always said last gen Ryzen would be amazing if it had the clocks. Well this does, plus IPC increase and reduced latency. I'm hyped bro.

The only thing is, I don't want 5900x with it's crippled CCX's. The question for me is either 5800x with full CCX (lower binned) or 5950x with two full CCX's (higher binned). If 5800x can be pushed to 5GHz all core I'm all over it.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:16 AM   #308
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Theres been 2 more skus hinted at on twitter. They had code designations but no product numbers so not sure on these. Looks like the 5700 (x or not, not sure) and 5600 are on the way soon after. Or maybe that 10 core part some have rumored about.

https://twitter.com/patrickschur_/st...83939041271814

Quote:
Maybe the Ryzen 7 5700X and Ryzen 9 5850X? Thinking face
The clocks and the naming are not yet final.

Ryzen 7 5___X
OPN: 100-000000064
TDP: 65 W
Cores: 8/16
L2: 4 MB
L3: 32 MB

Ryzen 9 5___X
OPN: 100-000000062
TDP: 65 W
Cores: 12/24
L2: 6 MiB
L3: 64 MiB

www.realitysandwich.com

Last edited by pax : Oct 23, 2020 at 02:03 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:38 AM   #309
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Do you guys have any idea on which games will utilize say 8 or 10 cores in the future?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 01:49 PM   #310
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Do you guys have any idea on which games will utilize say 8 or 10 cores in the future?
Im guessing they follow console utilization (which i think prior to PS5/XboxSeries) is a 4c/8t configuration?

So most likely 8 or 10 isnt gonna be used much until the PS5/Xbox series gets a solid foothold.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2020, 04:43 PM   #311
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Im guessing they follow console utilization (which i think prior to PS5/XboxSeries) is a 4c/8t configuration?

So most likely 8 or 10 isnt gonna be used much until the PS5/Xbox series gets a solid foothold.
Majority of games will likely make use of 8 cores, as they have been focusing on that for a long time now. Both PS4 and XBox One had 8 core/ 8 thread CPU's.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2020, 01:07 AM   #312
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeah there’s already a fair number of games that uses 8+ threads, even older Ubisoft games like assassins creed origins etc.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 02:06 AM   #313
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Hmm, seems like I can squeeze another year out of this 8086K.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 03:27 AM   #314
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X claims the first place in CPU Mark

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryze...read-benchmark
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:22 PM   #315
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Choo choo on the other rail line:

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 23, 2020, 05:15 PM   #316
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

And that price tag is official?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2020, 05:20 PM   #317
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
And that price tag is official?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2020, 05:33 PM   #318
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Damn!

AMD truly are coming in guns blazing!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2020, 12:00 PM   #319
pax
Rage3D Spammer

And we might just get a better price sooner than later:

https://wccftech.com/intel-9th-gen-c...-i5-9600k-169/

Quote:
Intel’s 9th Gen CPUs Get Massive Price Cuts By Microcenter – 8 Core Core i9-9900K For $319 US & Core i7-9700K For $219 US, 6 Core Core i5-9600K For $169

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 24, 2020, 12:11 PM   #320
KAC
That postcount though...

When will we have full reviews of 5000 series?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 12:42 PM   #321
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
When will we have full reviews of 5000 series?
11/5?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:27 PM   #322
KAC
That postcount though...

Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:05 PM   #323
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Hmm wonder how much of that is pcie4 on the 5900x over pcie3 on the intel. But what gets me is the huge improvement over what I have.

Its gonna be hard to avoid this upgrade but amd is really tight lipped about where am4 goes fomr here. AM5 next year or zen3+ on AM4?

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 26, 2020, 06:20 PM   #324
pax
Rage3D Spammer

https://twitter.com/TUM_APISAK/statu...16838544699395

Quote:
Name AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Topology 1 Processor, 16 Cores, 32 Threads
Identifier AuthenticAMD Family 25 Model 33 Stepping 0
Base Frequency 3.40 GHz
Maximum Frequency 5.04 GHz

System manufacturer System Product Name
Geekbench 5 Score
Single-Core Score
Multi-Core Score
Same speed as a 9900k at 6ghz:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2456523

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 26, 2020, 07:11 PM   #325
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

More frames then I thought the 5900X would give extra at 4K.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 07:22 PM   #326
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Don't post this crap here. That guy is faking all these benchmarks.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:44 PM   #327
KAC
That postcount though...

Is that confirmed?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:49 PM   #328
pax
Rage3D Spammer

https://valid.x86.fr/bench/60vs0l/1

CPUZ

(YOU) AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 650 Intel Core i9-10900K 584

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Oct 27, 2020, 02:05 AM   #329
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That's what I'm talkin bout ^
Old Oct 27, 2020, 02:49 AM   #330
KAC
That postcount though...

Seems like I am boning an AMD rig soon.