Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:44 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 31,639
Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default Anyone gone with the Note/S20 line?

My note 8 is tired. Not really, but I want a Note 20 Ultra, and was wondering if anyone was willing to give their impressions.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2020, 09:39 AM   #2
A2597
A Peculiar Person
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United States Over Yonder Hill
Posts: 11,046
A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings


Default

I'm keeping my note 9 until it's unusable. Battery still easily gets me through a day, WITH casual gaming and multiple conference calls. Cameras are great, screen is great...basically, Note 9 is my peak smartphone. Nothing in the newer note line has enticed me away yet. Note 30 might, we'll see...
__________________


But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:04 AM   #3
somewon
Rage3D Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,074
somewon is still being judged by the masses


Default

Went from a Note 8 to a Note 20 Ultra 512GB.
Didn't think I was missing much, but boy was I wrong

a) no more internal storage space issues
b) 120hz display is amazing and everything is super silky smooth
c) camera is amazing: optical zoom, wide angle, 108MP, night view modes are all welcomed additions
d) faster processors, more RAM = have not noticed a single hiccup, period
e) screen is larger, helps with eye fatigue
f) stylus is more accurate and supports more functionality
g) 3 years of guaranteed OS updates, i'll take it

In summary, a bunch of welcome additions, a much smoother and refined experience all-around -- glad I made the upgrade!
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:37 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 31,639
Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I'm keeping my note 9 until it's unusable. Battery still easily gets me through a day, WITH casual gaming and multiple conference calls. Cameras are great, screen is great...basically, Note 9 is my peak smartphone. Nothing in the newer note line has enticed me away yet. Note 30 might, we'll see...
I was planning on keeping the 8 until the screen fell off lol, but I was wondering how much I was missing and have been hearing mini reviews like the one below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
Went from a Note 8 to a Note 20 Ultra 512GB.
Didn't think I was missing much, but boy was I wrong

a) no more internal storage space issues
b) 120hz display is amazing and everything is super silky smooth
c) camera is amazing: optical zoom, wide angle, 108MP, night view modes are all welcomed additions
d) faster processors, more RAM = have not noticed a single hiccup, period
e) screen is larger, helps with eye fatigue
f) stylus is more accurate and supports more functionality
g) 3 years of guaranteed OS updates, i'll take it

In summary, a bunch of welcome additions, a much smoother and refined experience all-around -- glad I made the upgrade!
Thank you sir I'm looking at the 128Gb variety just to save a few dollars and Samsung is offering a fairly decent trade in for the 8 right now. I was debating waiting for black Friday, but I'm pretty sure I won't

Thanks for the replies guys
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2020, 01:34 PM   #5
somewon
Rage3D Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,074
somewon is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I was planning on keeping the 8 until the screen fell off lol, but I was wondering how much I was missing and have been hearing mini reviews like the one below.



Thank you sir I'm looking at the 128Gb variety just to save a few dollars and Samsung is offering a fairly decent trade in for the 8 right now. I was debating waiting for black Friday, but I'm pretty sure I won't

Thanks for the replies guys
You'll enjoy either the 128 or 512, I'm sure of it!

Oh, and forgot to add, 5G!
I'm with T-Mobile, and was pleasantly surprised that I had pretty good 5G coverage just about everywhere i travelled to last week, including a cabin atop mountains in the woods.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2020, 02:17 PM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 31,639
Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
You'll enjoy either the 128 or 512, I'm sure of it!

Oh, and forgot to add, 5G!
I'm with T-Mobile, and was pleasantly surprised that I had pretty good 5G coverage just about everywhere i travelled to last week, including a cabin atop mountains in the woods.
That's good to hear! We're on T-mo too and that was one of my last reservations. This will be the first brand new bought_the_same_year it was released phone I've had for ages. Now I'm just having to wait and see if Samsung puts up some good black Friday deals so I can get my new toy

And...although it won't be often, I'm dying to see how well the playstation app works on it. Sitting at my desk at work playing Nioh might not be what the boss wants to see, but....
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2020, 02:56 PM   #7
somewon
Rage3D Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,074
somewon is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
That's good to hear! We're on T-mo too and that was one of my last reservations. This will be the first brand new bought_the_same_year it was released phone I've had for ages. Now I'm just having to wait and see if Samsung puts up some good black Friday deals so I can get my new toy

And...although it won't be often, I'm dying to see how well the playstation app works on it. Sitting at my desk at work playing Nioh might not be what the boss wants to see, but....
Hah, you're right.
I haven't installed the PS app on it yet, will do so this week and share the experience.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 12:27 AM   #8
somewon
Rage3D Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,074
somewon is still being judged by the masses


Default

Handled the PS App like a champ -- buttery smooth experience all-around.

Also, spoiled myself this week and popped in a 1TB Sandisk Micro SD in there.
My phone has 1.5 TB of storage space on it now -- no concerns whatsoever now about snapping 108 MP photos or shooting 4K/8K videos.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 06:16 AM   #9
Lazy8s
One day at a time
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 31,639
Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
Handled the PS App like a champ -- buttery smooth experience all-around.

Also, spoiled myself this week and popped in a 1TB Sandisk Micro SD in there.
My phone has 1.5 TB of storage space on it now -- no concerns whatsoever now about snapping 108 MP photos or shooting 4K/8K videos.
Thanks for the update. I'm hoping for a black friday deal, but I'm getting one either way. It'll just be sweet if I can save a little on it
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 07:23 PM   #10
somewon
Rage3D Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,074
somewon is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Thanks for the update. I'm hoping for a black friday deal, but I'm getting one either way. It'll just be sweet if I can save a little on it
Amen to that.

I saved by taking advantage of a buy 1 get $1000 off another Note device.
Forked over the ~$1500 USD for my 512GB Note Ultra, Ebay'd the other to recoup some money.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 05:38 AM   #11
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Germany Germany
Posts: 15,895
Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel


Default

it's a cool mobile - if you're not from europe. For some reason we're only getting the Exynos 990 instead of the Snapdragon 865+. For a 1.200€ phone that's a "bit" disappointing to say at least.
__________________


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 05:53 AM   #12
Lazy8s
One day at a time
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 31,639
Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
Amen to that.

I saved by taking advantage of a buy 1 get $1000 off another Note device.
Forked over the ~$1500 USD for my 512GB Note Ultra, Ebay'd the other to recoup some money.
I've been watching for a buy 1 get 1 deal too. That's a great way to save some $$ too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
it's a cool mobile - if you're not from europe. For some reason we're only getting the Exynos 990 instead of the Snapdragon 865+. For a 1.200€ phone that's a "bit" disappointing to say at least.
I saw that mentioned in a review a while back. Disappointing for sure. For that much money the best hardware available ought to be standard.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2020, 06:35 AM   #13
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany Niedersachsen
Posts: 25,156
SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
it's a cool mobile - if you're not from europe. For some reason we're only getting the Exynos 990 instead of the Snapdragon 865+. For a 1.200€ phone that's a "bit" disappointing to say at least.
Yeah it's why I didn't get one, instead of getting a phone this time I got the Samsung S7+ tablet, which thankfully comes with the Snapdragon 865+.
__________________
Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2020, 10:24 PM   #14
somewon
Rage3D Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,074
somewon is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Yeah it's why I didn't get one, instead of getting a phone this time I got the Samsung S7+ tablet, which thankfully comes with the Snapdragon 865+.
Interesting.

Thinking if one adds a data plan to it (given that it has 5G) it could double as a phone I suppose.

Wondering how mobile/pocketable/realistic this is...
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2020, 05:27 AM   #15
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Germany Germany
Posts: 15,895
Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
Interesting.

Thinking if one adds a data plan to it (given that it has 5G) it could double as a phone I suppose.

Wondering how mobile/pocketable/realistic this is...
it's an 11" device, i'm not sure if or how you would use it as a "phone". Other than that it's a very nice tablet, of course
__________________


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2020, 10:41 AM   #16
somewon
Rage3D Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,074
somewon is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
it's an 11" device, i'm not sure if or how you would use it as a "phone". Other than that it's a very nice tablet, of course
Scratch that then!

For some reason I thought there were 7.0/8.0" varieties of them as well.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2020, 04:23 PM   #17
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Germany Germany
Posts: 15,895
Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
Scratch that then!

For some reason I thought there were 7.0/8.0" varieties of them as well.
i was talking about the tablet, you know that, right?
__________________


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2020, 09:05 PM   #18
somewon
Rage3D Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,074
somewon is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
i was talking about the tablet, you know that, right?
Yes, of which I had erroneously assumed there were 7" and 8" versions
(I own a few 7" and 8" tablets, Fires and older Samsungs -- however haven't kept up much with the tablet space in some time).
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sammy Note 6....nope Note 7!!! v3rninater Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing 170 Oct 19, 2016 01:17 PM
how much better will 16 pip line x800 pro than the 12 pipe line one?? wc326 AMD Radeon Discussion and Support 19 Mar 19, 2005 03:18 AM
My 1 line sig is sometimes showing as a 10 line sig hobs0n Feedback Central 9 Jun 13, 2004 11:21 PM
How to connect AIW 9600 line out to Shuttle SB61G2 line in? hallf AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support 6 Dec 25, 2003 07:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink