Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:08 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
i will turn RT off before i turn DLSS on at 4k
hell i would vote for Biden before i use DLSS
Fixed.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:14 PM   #32
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
hell i would drop to 1440p before i use DLSS
Sounds like a early 2000's subpar experience to me.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:27 PM   #33
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Fixed.
i can't i voted already and not for him

i will look at reviews and not buy it if not playable at 4k with a 2080 ti
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:39 PM   #34
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
i can't i voted already and not for him
, I figured.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 05:25 PM   #35
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

RTX 2020
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 08:21 PM   #36
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I guess I’m the 5 percent, I game at nothing but 4K.
Same here.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 08:44 PM   #37
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Same here.
Yea I’ve been doing it for the last 3 years on my 1080 Ti, yea some games required settings be turned down or a few did require 30 FPS console king speed but it never really bothered me.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 09:45 PM   #38
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
hell i would drop to 1440p before i use DLSS
Why? Because its nvidia? Marvel avengers is yet another Hagen that looks better with DLSS than native.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:31 PM   #39
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Why? Because its nvidia? Marvel avengers is yet another Hagen that looks better with DLSS than native.

Don't mind Bill, apparently he thinks DLSS is shimmery (even though it actually removes shimmer) and The Division 2 reflections are as good as RTX reflections (even though this not even remotely the case in either still shots or video).

I suspect Bill's optometrist is an AMD mole secretly prescribing him anti-NV glasses.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 12:13 AM   #40
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wonder how much video memory this will take up at 4K with the HD texture pack installed. I am seeing Horizon Zero Dawn take up over 10GB according to Precision X OSD and RDR2 is pretty close to that.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 07:58 AM   #41
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Most likely both games are caching VRAM, so they'll use as much as available. This is pretty common nowadays.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 08:28 AM   #42
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Wonder how much video memory this will take up at 4K with the HD texture pack installed. I am seeing Horizon Zero Dawn take up over 10GB according to Precision X OSD and RDR2 is pretty close to that.
You cant tell how much VRAM is being used using tools outside of the game. That just shows how much memory has been mapped for use and not how much memory is in actual use. If you are to believe Nvidia a Game like RDR2 is using 4 to 6GB at max setting at 4K.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 01:42 PM   #43
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Most likely both games are caching VRAM, so they'll use as much as available. This is pretty common nowadays.
Need to see more games do that IMHO.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 04:12 PM   #44
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Don't mind Bill, apparently he thinks DLSS is shimmery (even though it actually removes shimmer) and The Division 2 reflections are as good as RTX reflections (even though this not even remotely the case in either still shots or video).

I suspect Bill's optometrist is an AMD mole secretly prescribing him anti-NV glasses.
Yeah I use DLSS whenever I can, ESPECIALLY when I upscale to 5k ultrawide with DSR, then downscale back to my naitive. Games look so ****ing clean
Old Oct 27, 2020, 06:01 PM   #45
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:

He's not entirely wrong. It's extremely game-dependent and not every game nails DLSS perfectly. It's worth being critical of, but it's kind of looking like this game nails it, so not sure why you wouldn't use it if you got the option.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2020, 06:27 PM   #46
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
He's not entirely wrong. It's extremely game-dependent and not every game nails DLSS perfectly. It's worth being critical of, but it's kind of looking like this game nails it, so not sure why you wouldn't use it if you got the option.
dlss 2.0 quality is ok in most games i still don't think is is as good as full 4k

but dlss 2.0 performance is no where near quality .

and i find it odd it would work fine on a 2080 ti a month ago for 4k RT

and now you need DLSS performance and only a 3080 for 4k RT

Quote:
YouTube’s ‘RajmanGaming HD’ has shared a video from the built-in benchmark tool of Watch Dogs Legion. The YouTuber has used an NVIDIA GeForce RTX3090 and as we can see, this $1500 GPU cannot run this new open-world game with 60fps in 4K/Ultra settings. And… that is without the game’s Ray Tracing effects.

As we can see, the framerate drops below 55fps on multiple occasions during the built-in benchmark tool. On one occasion, during an explosion, the framerate drops to 47fps. Ouch.

Do note that this is without DLSS and without the game’s Ray Tracing effects. Now the good news is that the game comes with multiple graphics settings to tweak. However, it’s really disappointing witnessing a $1500 GPU that just came out being unable to run a game in 4K/60fps. Of course, this could be fine if Watch Dogs Legion was a truly next-gen game, however, it’s actually a cross-gen game.
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perform...s-in-4k-ultra/

Last edited by bill dennison : Oct 27, 2020 at 06:51 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:52 AM   #47
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:

DLSS 1.0 was extremely game dependent and hit or miss. DLSS 2.0 uses a more general AI trainer which means it will be more consistant across games, and this does appear to be the case. Every DLSS 2.0 game so far have been reviewed and picked apart pixel and pixel and found to be at the very least equivalent to native 4k, and in many cases better. There may be SOME minor differences especially when performance is used instead of quality, but overall feedback from literally every tech site is that it's better to have it enabled even if you can afford the framerates.

When Billy suddenly starts seeing things that no one else has, and claims that Division 2 reflections (which are just basic screen space reflections) are just as good as RTX reflections when it's clearly missing basic RTX elements like light dependent transparency, translucency, and doesn't even reflect everything, topped with his long standing bias, that just needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 03:47 AM   #48
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

It looks close and it's really close. But it's not the same and the deep dives have shown that. But I agree, if the feature is there and you need the performance no reason to not give it a go.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:11 AM   #49
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Hows the game for those people down under
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:26 AM   #50
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Seems like a wait for a sale game according to some reviews.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:33 AM   #51
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Both hyped IGN and GSpot gave it 8. So I think it is better than wait for a sale game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:42 AM   #52
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Nothing special about the prologue - onward
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:45 AM   #53
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks like it has a 77 on Metacritic (edit: 75 for PC, 73 for PS4) which is certainly lower than I expected. I figured it'd at least end up around 80-85. There are so many exciting games coming up though, I'm not even about to complain. I'll happily skip this one until it hits Steam next year at a much better price.

Last edited by Chubz : Oct 28, 2020 at 11:52 AM.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:49 AM   #54
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Has any New Zealander mentioned if a 2080 ti can handle this **** with DLSS turned on?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:56 AM   #55
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Has any New Zealander mentioned if a 2080 ti can handle this **** with DLSS turned on?
dlss has 5 settings - off, performance, quality, balanced, and ultra performance. I'm using quality, with all other settings maxed @ ultra except ray-tracing (high). I just hit the open world and everything seems okay so far @ 1440p. Elected to keep hdr off.

edit - liking this game more than I originally thought I would. playing it on ubi's subscription service. this is interesting...

Quote:
Just walk up to anybody you see on the street, scan them to check out their abilities, and then do a mission for them, and they'll become playable.
https://www.ign.com/articles/watch-dogs-legion-review

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Oct 28, 2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:59 PM   #56
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Why the **** do i have to wait until tonight to play. Ubi should unlock the game at the same GMT time regardless of anyone's time zone. Pricks.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 01:23 PM   #57
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Why the **** do i have to wait until tonight to play. Ubi should unlock the game at the same GMT time regardless of anyone's time zone. Pricks.
I'm in Ohio
Old Oct 28, 2020, 01:42 PM   #58
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I'm in Ohio

Did you just move up your desktop timezone?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 01:42 PM   #59
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
It looks close and it's really close. But it's not the same and the deep dives have shown that. But I agree, if the feature is there and you need the performance no reason to not give it a go.
5120x2160 with DLSS looks miles beyond better than 2560x1080 native, that's all I need for games to have it.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 02:21 PM   #60
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
5120x2160 with DLSS looks miles beyond better than 2560x1080 native, that's all I need for games to have it.
I bet! Because now your using DLSS at above native and down-sampling . I love using tricks that like to go beyond

System: