Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

View Poll Results: Would You Stand Up For Someone At Work?
Yes 10 45.45%
No 0 0%
Hapa quit your job 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 13, 2019, 06:23 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Would You Stand Up For Someone At Work?

Everyone knows where I work, they've heard the work threads etc etc. But this one is a little different.

Yesterday there was an altercation at work. One of our seasoned employees ( the woman that is mentally unstable, no not the one I got involved with ) was accused of Wirebrushing nosing when she was told not too. Now she first asked me if she should wirebrush it as the sample itself that we are matching too is smooth and I told her she's correct do it smooth, but to check with the owner first. She did so, and the owner agreed to do it smooth.

Now the nosing itself is on red oak, depending on if its close grain or open grain the texture of the wood will feel different. And the way we stain and spray the product doesn't really match the sample as those are always done differently. So its not a 100% match.

So after doing the job and moving it over to the stain team the other woman with instability problems ( yes the one I got involved with who abandoned her job and recently came back ) started to cause issues. She said they were wirebrushed. The owner and I looked at it and said no they are done smooth. To which point she refused to stain it. The owner then sided with her because you know if he didn't she would've thrown a fit and caused a scene infront of the new hires and the owner wants no drama.

So I looked at him pulled him aside and said asked WTF are you doing? We ended up in the office for a meeting. I explained that you know she didn't wirebrush the nosings and he started accusing her of this and that. So I brought up the other issues on the floor that we have with one of our new hires as well as other issues that have cropped up with other employees. Of course this got turned on me fast. Until the owner had a meeting with his wife who informed him that yes I've had Hapa monitoring what goes on during the day to avoid what we have run in to recently.

Then the owner got angrier... Before the end of the day he got pissed because he had nothing for the stain team to do today. Again blaming the woman that was accused of wirebrushing the nostings. I explained that the flooring product is priority and they bring it to her in small batches during the day and that she has to work on and off on different jobs so of course the raw product would suffer. He asked me where the guy was who does our flooring products so he can find out why its taking so long so I told him he left at 1:00pm lol.... So the old guy at 3:00pm decided he would finish the job but didn't know how far a long they were so they all fell apart. The woman that was accused was trying her best to fix them and owner started yelling at her again and then got angry at me again for standing up for her.

By the end of the day he was apologizing ( probably his wife told him too ). He was apologizing too me so I told him its not me he needs to apologize too. And I told him you and the woman from the stain team need to apologize to her.

What would you have done, would you have stood up for the employee? Or would you have ignored it and let them take all the **** for something they never did?
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 06:48 AM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I don’t believe these threads anymore
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 07:28 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I would stand up for him/her. However, I voted for Hapa to quit. There's more drama at his job than in all 46 years of The Young and The Restless.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 13, 2019, 07:58 AM   #4
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I would stand up on her and let her brown nose me till I paint her smooth with my spray gun.

I would also stab the owner in his sleep because he is a dick head.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 08:02 AM   #5
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
What would you have done, would you have stood up for the employee?
Been there, done that. It's the right thing to do..
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 08:35 AM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
What would you have done, would you have stood up for the employee? Or would you have ignored it and let them take all the **** for something they never did?
I have done so many times at work, I have taken blame for anyone in my team as we work as a team and I don't like the partners going after people who work with me.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 08:57 AM   #7
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Hapa gets a go pro and records evidence to avoid those he said she said situation. The bitch is incompetent and so is your spineless boss. Fire the crazy b already.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 09:12 AM   #8
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

stand up for people who don't suck.
And own up to any and all issues/stuff that is a judgement call or something that is you're responsibility.

And then try to explain the whole situation to the moron who doesn't know whats going on.

Then if they continue to be a dickhead you tell them to go eat a dick, starting with the appetizer, a resignation letter.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:09 AM   #9
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I would stand up for him/her. However, I voted for Hapa to quit. There's more drama at his job than in all 46 years of The Young and The Restless.
General Hospital: Hold my glass of Rosé...

The only advice I can give you Hapa: It's very clear that you grew up with drama all around you and you are trying
to steer the ship in another direction.

Drama is one of thousands of ways to live life. You are not OBLIGATED to swim in it in all aspects of your life.

There are other ways to live.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:20 AM   #10
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

There's an art to sticking up for peers at work without putting yourself in the crossfire or blowing it up into larger problems for your peers. Over the last few years I transitioned into a management role, and I often end up mediating between my employees and my director (who can be a bit of a hot-head). There's definitely a way to do it, but it takes a soft (but firm!) touch, and it's not always easy. I'm getting better at it over time though.

Actually I'm finding that many of the conflicts we experience are less about what we do or what position we take, and more about the subtleties of how we do them. Human communication is complex, and takes a lifetime to master.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:46 AM   #11
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

honestly i'd probably quit because i can barely handle my own bullcrap, nevermind someone else's.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:06 PM   #12
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I would stand up but do not listen to me I have lost good jobs because I did the right thing. But at least I can live with myself and sleep at night but I am not rich and retired with a spare no morals bimbo on the side.
It all comes down to what you want you life to mean to yourself before your God.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 09:25 AM   #13
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I have stood up, and I have faced corporate fury because I had no idea how far up the chain those who knew and did nothing or worse enabled the actions. I had my them go after my career, professional reputation with clients, and my personal life.

It has really sucked.

TLDR version

Hapa, stand up for them, then just quit your sh*tty job, you damn drama queen.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote