Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:44 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
It's terrible. My stepmom had a 2007 Murano and it's like all the same ****.
I think the diesel Canyons are the frontrunner right now, interior on those, at least from pictures, looks much more modern. I'm still going to look at Frontiers tonight.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 02:02 PM   #32
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I was looking at the ZR2 for awhile, and the Z71 Colorado.

My biggest gripe was you are honestly just a few $1000 away from a full size. Those trucks are so damn expensive they are too close to a full size IMO. There needs to be a bigger cost gap to justify that market.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 02:05 PM   #33
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I love how the Frontiers look from the outside, but the interior is so 2005.
the Frontiers haven't been updated much visually since 2005.
So pretty much everything about it is just window dressing on a 2005 truck.

Theres a new generation overseas frontier but that hasn't found its way to north America yet.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2018, 02:13 PM   #34
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Thanks Elysian you asshole.

I am going to look at new F150's tomorrow.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 03:08 PM   #35
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

You going ecoboost, or coyote v8? Just get a raptor, and you don't have to do **** to it. (no lift or new tires required)
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 03:37 PM   #36
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post

You going ecoboost, or coyote v8? Just get a raptor, and you don't have to do **** to it. (no lift or new tires required)

Not sure yet. Nahh, Raptor is cool but complete overkill for me (as is my current truck).

Just put this big pig up for sale if any canadians are interested.

Old Feb 9, 2018, 03:53 PM   #37
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Thanks Elysian you asshole.

I am going to look at new F150's tomorrow.
I'm pretty iffy on the new F150, sometimes the front end looks great, but other models its pretty meh. I'm sure you'll find one of the great ones. The new super duties on the other hand, if I could afford the gas I'd love to have one of those.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 04:06 PM   #38
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I feel the same way about the new F150s. Most of the ones I see on the road are meh, but one of the guys in my hood has a blacked out lariat, it looks amazing.

Like you said, I'm sure switch will find one of the nicer looking setups, and drop some nice wheels and tires on it.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 04:40 PM   #39
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Yea the F350's look cool but I don't need one at all. Hell, the only reason I need a truck is for my giant dog. I am out of the country 50% of the time -- if it was up to me I would just buy another sports car.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 04:49 PM   #40
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Yea the F350's look cool but I don't need one at all. Hell, the only reason I need a truck is for my giant dog. I am out of the country 50% of the time -- if it was up to me I would just buy another sports car.
Coworker of mine just got a new V8 F250 work truck for $30, damn nice truck for the money, but it's humongous.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 05:48 PM   #41
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Coworker of mine just got a new V8 F250 work truck for $30, damn nice truck for the money, but it's humongous.
Yea they are big.

Few bites on my truck already, part of me will miss the tank.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 06:37 PM   #42
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Yea they are big.

Few bites on my truck already, part of me will miss the tank.
It looks bad ass with the mods you did to it, and that LT1-based engine is no joke. Unless you get another Sierra or Silverado, any pickup you get you will be downgrading in the power category.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 06:39 PM   #43
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Yeah it's huge. My uncle was shopping for a new tow rig at the end of 2016 and he was gonna get a 2017 but he just went "It's bigger, but for no reason". Apparently the 2016 and 2017 have the same gooseneck/5th wheel tow rating (which is what he uses) so he just got a fully loaded 2016 instead to save some money.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 08:47 PM   #44
Elysian
SCAATSJW

So the Frontier drives great, I like the size of the king cab, the brakes are good, power is great... But that interior, it killed it for me. Just so old, my 04 F150 feels more modern. I think at this point its GM's sale to lose, the Colorado/Canyon would have to be pretty awful for me to go Frontier. I feel like I'd be happy enough with the Frontier but would get sick of the interior in a year.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 01:22 AM   #45
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
So the Frontier drives great, I like the size of the king cab, the brakes are good, power is great... But that interior, it killed it for me. Just so old, my 04 F150 feels more modern. I think at this point its GM's sale to lose, the Colorado/Canyon would have to be pretty awful for me to go Frontier. I feel like I'd be happy enough with the Frontier but would get sick of the interior in a year.

Nissan Frontier? Stay away. I mean it's a great truck and all, if you like a drivetrain, chassis, and trim that was designed in 2004 (and still damn near identical minus minor tweaks/fixes). I can't beleive how long Nissan has gotten away with that build out.

And no, I'm not kidding. Here is a review from 2005.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/nissa...issanfrontier/
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Feb 10, 2018, 06:09 AM   #46
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Nissan Frontier? Stay away. I mean it's a great truck and all, if you like a drivetrain, chassis, and trim that was designed in 2004 (and still damn near identical minus minor tweaks/fixes). I can't beleive how long Nissan has gotten away with that build out.

And no, I'm not kidding. Here is a review from 2005.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/nissa...issanfrontier/
Oh I know. On the other hand, Ford rode the 04 F150 to 2014 or so?
The Frontier drives pretty well so why mess with a good thing?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 08:53 AM   #47
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
There's a diesel GMC Canyon near me for $35k, might be one to look at.

Trying not to wait that long, but the Ecoboost Ranger does look awesome.

edit: And there's a '17 Canyon diesel for $32k.
The Canyon diesel felt solid. I only got to spend about 10 minutes with one, but it was a decent little truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 12:45 PM   #48
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Oh I know. On the other hand, Ford rode the 04 F150 to 2014 or so?
The Frontier drives pretty well so why mess with a good thing?
No, the F150 changed in 2010 body interior and some of the frame, brakes all was changed. And introduced the 3.5 ecoboost in 2011. Then moved out the 5.4 to the 5.0 and a new trans.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Feb 10, 2018, 09:57 PM   #49
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
No, the F150 changed in 2010 body interior and some of the frame, brakes all was changed. And introduced the 3.5 ecoboost in 2011. Then moved out the 5.4 to the 5.0 and a new trans.
The engines changed, sure. Body barely changed. Did you know the entire front end of a 2010 can bolt to a 2004? The 2010 was just a facelift, the entire cab is the same as the 04. You can literally turn an 04 into a 2010 if you get the front end and truck bed.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:50 PM   #50
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
The engines changed, sure. Body barely changed. Did you know the entire front end of a 2010 can bolt to a 2004? The 2010 was just a facelift, the entire cab is the same as the 04. You can literally turn an 04 into a 2010 if you get the front end and truck bed.
Chassis was changed quite a bit. Same design yes. But increased strength on quite a few locations. Interior overhauled, all the way down to window motors. New drivetrain with 2 new engine options.

That's hardly a comparison to the frontier. It's literally the same truck it was 14 years ago with a new radio.

Sure they revised things like radiators and timing chains and other known failure parts, but you are still buying 14 year old tech.

I mean I guess at least you know the kinks are worked out. But I'd have a hard time being happy with a 4.0L that was basically designed 2 decades ago coming in my brand new truck.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Feb 11, 2018, 08:32 AM   #51
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
So I'm looking to downsize a bit from my aging F150, and I'm either wanting to buy my first new vehicle, or one so new it still has a warranty. I've been looking at Nissan Frontiers, because I loved my Pathfinder, and they start at very reasonable prices. Tacomas look nice, but they are WAY too expensive.

I'd like a V6 I think, are there any others I should be looking at? How is the new Colorado? Any input is welcome. I've got financing sorted already (approved for $40k), but I'd like to stay well below $30k. 2WD is preferable, I've found I don't need the 4WD that my F150 has.
should still be able to get a nice f150. I paid $51k cdn for my 2016 sport and it has all the bells and whistles. A base 2wd model should be well within your price range
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 09:36 AM   #52
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
should still be able to get a nice f150. I paid $51k cdn for my 2016 sport and it has all the bells and whistles. A base 2wd model should be well within your price range
Have no interest in a full size truck.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:39 AM   #53
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Have no interest in a full size truck.
short box model? or just want a skinny truck?
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2018, 04:12 PM   #54
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
short box model? or just want a skinny truck?
Just no full size truck. Looking at small trucks only.

I'm going to consider gas Colorado/Canyons too, not just diesel. Not much downside to them, the V6 looks pretty decent. Diesel is pretty slow, 10+ seconds to 60, but that might be able to be remedied with a tune. We'll see what I like, maybe next weekend, maybe sooner.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 07:03 PM   #55
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I can't believe Im the first one to suggest the 2nd gen Ridgeline. you can get a 2018 2WD Ridgeline Sport with a cpl options for $34K new.
Decided to look up the Ridgeline for grins, wow. $37k is the cheapest new one in my area and it's FWD. Didn't realize "2WD" meant FWD with the Ridgelines. No thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 08:40 AM   #56
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Quote:
Decided to look up the Ridgeline for grins, wow. $37k is the cheapest new one in my area and it's FWD. Didn't realize "2WD" meant FWD with the Ridgelines. No thanks!
Ew I thought they switched to RWD with the 2nd gen. **** that

Quote:
Old Feb 12, 2018, 09:34 AM   #57
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Didn't have a chance to check out any trucks besides the Frontier this weekend. I'll see what V6 Colorados are around me, try one of those out maybe today or tomorrow.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:19 AM   #58
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I'm seeing the best Colorado/Canyon deals in Houston. Wonder if I could use that against dealers here, or maybe I will need to buy in Houston...

Like this one
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:28 AM   #59
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

The new V6 in them is pretty good, pretty quick too fresh redesign to remedy alot of the problems from the old one. Plus you get the new 8 speed(or was it 10?). Diesel only comes with the 6 speed until next year.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:58 AM   #60
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
The good thing about it is that its basically a minivan with the back half chopped off and remoulded into a truck shape. For the majority of people who don't actually need a truck to be a truck, this is their truck.

The bad thing about it is that its basically a minivan with the back half chopped off and remoulded into a truck shape. This thing aint no truck. Maybe a modern day el-camino but not a truck.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote