Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:28 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GRimm862
Banned

GRimm862 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippthrough View Post
Fitted some more new stoppers to the daily:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...iecefitted.jpg
mark 4? I don't know not feeling the rotors. I think they belong on a street bike.
GRimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:46 PM   #122
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

Yep, mark 4, radially floating, with the option for fully floating once the wilwoods go on.
When I want your opinion, I'll tell you it.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:13 PM   #123
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNazi View Post
I picked up a set of 18x10 and 18x9 black powdercoated Saleen Rims last night. They look nice on my white Cobra. Sorry but they don't photo very well. Cars on jack stands because I'm putting an catless X pipe on as well.

Is that a first gen SportTrac I see next to the Cobra??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRimm862 View Post
I've been on Vaykay!! for about a month, has redsars posted any pics of his SC eclipse yet?
Yeah, about that...

He posted some sick pics of a 3.1L V6 out of a Chevy Malibu though... I'm sure you'll enjoy them equally
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:35 PM   #124
NissanNazi
Needs more boost!

NissanNazi is still being judged by the masses

Yes that's an 03 Sport Trac. It's my dads truck that he shipped to me from Ohio and I am currently putting a new engine in it for him. He bought it for $1500 with a blown engine. I got him an engine with 22,000 on it for $900 and it cost him $600 to ship it to me. So all in all he is going to have $3000 Sport Trac with a 22,000 mile engine and a 66,000 mile body

NissanNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:39 PM   #125
GRimm862
Banned

diggin the wheels a lot. You never see to many mustangs with some nice wheels on em.

Overclockin needs to get some bbs rs's on his wip!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:55 PM   #126
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRimm862 View Post
diggin the wheels a lot. You never see to many mustangs with some nice wheels on em.

Overclockin needs to get some bbs rs's on his wip!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:57 PM   #127
GRimm862
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
You wait till I find a picture of a nice one. You'll change your mind!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 01:10 AM   #128
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bought a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT CD/MP3/USB/Navigation unit for my '09 Versa. Now to get it installed...

lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 01:16 AM   #129
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom View Post
Bought a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT CD/MP3/USB/Navigation unit for my '09 Versa. Now to get it installed...

Nice.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 07:50 AM   #130
Dandingo
Momma says I'm big boned.

Dandingo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Was looking at that one and decided on the Kenwood DNX5120/5140.....supposedly the Pioneer had extremely slow bootup and horrible bluetooth sync......tried it out......the reviews I read were right. The nav sync up isn't the best either. Good Luck! How much? I hope you didn't pay retail.
EVGA GeForce GTX 285 (648/1476/2484)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

[XBOX 360 250GB Slim + Kinect] [PS3 Slim 160GB]
Dandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 02:10 PM   #131
NitroGL
Radeon Northern Islands

NitroGL is still being judged by the masses

Made a new home for my intercooler...

A little cutting of the radiator support around the frame rail, for the charge piping:

Just gotta extend the charge piping a bit, and I'll be set.
NitroGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 02:19 PM   #132
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGL View Post
Made a new home for my intercooler...

A little cutting of the radiator support around the frame rail, for the charge piping:

Just gotta extend the charge piping a bit, and I'll be set.
sweet, but you need to get a bigger one
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 06:04 PM   #133
NitroGL
Radeon Northern Islands

NitroGL is still being judged by the masses

Nah, that's what the methanol is for! The intercooler is just back up, incase I run out of the mix.
NitroGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 09:17 PM   #134
thedoug
Radeon Evergreen

thedoug is still being judged by the masses

I replaced a few vacuum hoses that were dry rotted and/or cracked.

Code:
Intel i7 980X
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT 1600MHz 6-6-6-20
2x EVGA Geforce GTX 480
Asus Rampage III Extreme
4x WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB RAID5
Samsung SH-S223 DVD+RW
Onkyo Receiver
Klipsch 5.1 speakers
Antec 1200 watt PSU
Mitsubish WD-60638 60 inch TV
Logitech K800 wireless backlit keyboard
Logitech M570 wireless trackball mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit

Quote:
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
thedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 09:20 PM   #135
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

replaced brake pads, fixed up my high beams
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:22 PM   #136
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Washed and waxed her.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 04:28 AM   #137
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Probadly gonna wash the accent and post pics of it tommorow.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:05 PM   #138
Grov
Death Comes For You

Grov is still being judged by the masses

Waiting for some decent bloody weather so i can paint my break calipers!
Grov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 08:53 AM   #139
Dandingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
Probadly gonna wash the accent and post pics of it tommorow.
You still have that thing? How she holding up?
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:09 PM   #140
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wired the exhaust system up so when it breaks free (again) it doesn't fall down into the road while I'm doing 70.

This is about the 4th time I've had to replace the exhaust on this piece of ****. Aside from that and the 3 alternators it hasn't been much trouble, but this is getting annoying. My mom works at NAPA so she's been getting the parts from Ford but I don't know if they have stainless versions or what.

As it is now, the Pube is loud as hell again. I feel like such a moron. Hopefully I'll get the parts by the weekend.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 04:55 PM   #141
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Wired the exhaust system up so when it breaks free (again) it doesn't fall down into the road while I'm doing 70.

This is about the 4th time I've had to replace the exhaust on this piece of ****. Aside from that and the 3 alternators it hasn't been much trouble, but this is getting annoying. My mom works at NAPA so she's been getting the parts from Ford but I don't know if they have stainless versions or what.

As it is now, the Pube is loud as hell again. I feel like such a moron. Hopefully I'll get the parts by the weekend.
Wierd...

When I had my 89 Probe, the exhaust was the biggest issue. I replaced it three times in a period of just over 12months before selling it. It just kept rusting out and then rattling to hell underneath the car.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 05:00 PM   #142
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Wierd...

When I had my 89 Probe, the exhaust was the biggest issue. I replaced it three times in a period of just over 12months before selling it. It just kept rusting out and then rattling to hell underneath the car.
Yep, biggest problem with mine. Last time I started driving up the road and the ****ing pipe fell down and started dragging, if I hit a manhole lid or a pothole I would have torn the whole exhaust system off my car. Luckily I was right in front of my house and heard it drop, so I stopped right away.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:38 PM   #143
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Uh, why don't you look into some stainless steel this time so it won't rust? (Well, not as fast, anyway)
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:54 PM   #144
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowzrul View Post
Uh, why don't you look into some stainless steel this time so it won't rust? (Well, not as fast, anyway)
I kind of insinuated I would be doing that in my post

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:05 AM   #145
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I kind of insinuated I would be doing that in my post
I didn't read most of it.
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:06 PM   #146
thedoug
Radeon Evergreen

thedoug is still being judged by the masses

I reset my car's computer because I got a check engine light for some evap canister valve thingy that hasn't been hooked up right in a long time so I'm hoping the computer will relearn how to use it so I dont have to spend 5 hours trying to replace it.

Code:
Intel i7 980X
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT 1600MHz 6-6-6-20
2x EVGA Geforce GTX 480
Asus Rampage III Extreme
4x WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB RAID5
Samsung SH-S223 DVD+RW
Onkyo Receiver
Klipsch 5.1 speakers
Antec 1200 watt PSU
Mitsubish WD-60638 60 inch TV
Logitech K800 wireless backlit keyboard
Logitech M570 wireless trackball mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit

Quote:
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
thedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2009, 06:10 PM   #147
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoug View Post
I reset my car's computer because I got a check engine light for some evap canister valve thingy that hasn't been hooked up right in a long time so I'm hoping the computer will relearn how to use it so I dont have to spend 5 hours trying to replace it.
My evap canister is made out of plastic, and it was shattered... No codes, couldn't figure out what the hell was up because my mpg dropped from 45 to 30 basically overnight... Went looking, OOOH.... the previous owner crazy glued it back together...

and lots of +

The guy works for Dodge as a truck mechanic...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2009, 02:26 PM   #148
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Last night/this morning I installed my Pioneer AVIC-F700BT unit. It was my first stereo install. It took me about three hours. I also did the hardware bypass. Not because I really, really wanted to view videos while driving but because it was (somewhat) easier to do the bypass than wire the parking break wire through my car to the parking break (removing all the panels along the way).

I used more tools last night/this morning than I've used my whole life, probably. Had to drill a small hole in my car's "cabinet" above the deck to wire the USB cable through. Installed the GPS antenna on top of said "cabinet" inside the dash.

Looks nice. I left off the mic. I don't plan on making calls with the Bluetooth and I don't have an iPod for the voice controls, so I decided not to install the mic. I wouldn't have known where to put it without it looking stupid anyways.

I'll take pics later of it installed.

I'm pretty happy overall since it was my first install. I half-helped my friend install one once and we broke his dash, did a hack-up tape job on the wires (not even using electrical tape) and zip-tied anything we could. That was on a Geo Metro that died a few months later anyways.

This time I actually used wing-nuts, stripped my own wires, and made sure not to crack the dash.
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:08 PM   #149
Dandingo

Quote:
Last night/this morning I installed my Pioneer AVIC-F700BT unit. It was my first stereo install. It took me about three hours. I also did the hardware bypass. Not because I really, really wanted to view videos while driving but because it was (somewhat) easier to do the bypass than wire the parking break wire through my car to the parking break (removing all the panels along the way).

I used more tools last night/this morning than I've used my whole life, probably. Had to drill a small hole in my car's "cabinet" above the deck to wire the USB cable through. Installed the GPS antenna on top of said "cabinet" inside the dash.

Looks nice. I left off the mic. I don't plan on making calls with the Bluetooth and I don't have an iPod for the voice controls, so I decided not to install the mic. I wouldn't have known where to put it without it looking stupid anyways.

I'll take pics later of it installed.

I'm pretty happy overall since it was my first install. I half-helped my friend install one once and we broke his dash, did a hack-up tape job on the wires (not even using electrical tape) and zip-tied anything we could. That was on a Geo Metro that died a few months later anyways.

This time I actually used wing-nuts, stripped my own wires, and made sure not to crack the dash.
Nice.....I want pics as soom as possible......will post pics of mine also when I clean up the fam-mobile.
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

Old Mar 12, 2009, 04:07 PM   #150
ScottDoom
It's Okay

It's a nasty arse, rainy, cold day (was snowing this morning, WTF?) so I'll have to get pics later on.
lighting up the dark.