Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:25 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default ~$400 for a non ti 1070?

Worth it? No idea if they've been mined with or not....

Thanks

I was thinking of waiting for NVs next release and see if the 10XX fall in price a bit more...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:53 AM   #2
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

400$ us AND used?? Damn hell to the no. 200$ tops for me.

Prices are still insane... but they are starting to drop a bit...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:56 AM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The only used ones I've seen for less than $ 350 are parts only
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:05 AM   #4
Fleksta
Radeon R600

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Nope, paid $379 for my eVGA brand new.

Been seeing a lot of dismantled mining machines cropping up on CL, I'd wait a bit longer before paying a premium for used.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:08 AM   #5
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

No way. See if you can work out a deal with nycdarkness in the FS thread
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:08 AM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
Nope, paid $379 for my eVGA brand new.

Been seeing a lot of dismantled mining machines cropping up on CL, I'd wait a bit longer before paying a premium for used.
That's probably sound advice, thanks. I never researched what any of these sold for new - that hit's it home though. Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:10 AM   #7
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Don't be poor bro, get a TitanV.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:15 AM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Don't be poor bro, get a TitanV.
Needs a feasibility study first.

Wife eyeballs junk while balancing blade on her fingertip = =not feasible.

2019 after I get my truck and get house renovations done + get my 3 new grandkids and their parents all set - that's when I'm going for a real gaming rig.

Can't wait - hopefully gfx prices are less insane by then.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:52 AM   #9
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Closest thing I got to a 1070 is a 980ti. It saw minimal use and hasn't been touched since before the 1080 came out. I had 3 of these and sold 1 without the block and I would prefer to sell it with the block bundled so I am not having to sell another block. If your interested lemme know.

In terms of insane pricing. I am not the only one selling gpus across multiple forums. Granted mine are non mined the ones being sold, barely used as I don't game much and my hardware cycle is extremely short. I sold a sc2 1080ti last night on ebay that I had on forums that no one picked up at pretty much not far from launch price and way below what evga wants for it now. Hell I have a hybrid for sale for 800 that ran 1 cycle of firestrike and evga wants 969 for that and ofc no one is snatching at it either lol. With all the gpu price crying tbh, I think many are moaning just to moan. The hybrid was 800s from the very beginning and majority of the whiners woudln't buy a pretty much open box for 800. Hell it cost more than 800 from evga with their stupid shipping and insurance requirement from the getgo.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:58 AM   #10
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Really wish I had the cash for the 1080TI hybrid. I could even pick it up from you so no need to ship. I just don't have money to put into my PC nor cash - barely have space to put an $800 purchase on my CC lol.

I know you take good care of your **** too which makes it all the sweeter of a deal. God damn!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:58 AM   #11
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Closest thing I got to a 1070 is a 980ti. It saw minimal use and hasn't been touched since before the 1080 came out. I had 3 of these and sold 1 without the block and I would prefer to sell it with the block bundled so I am not having to sell another block. If your interested lemme know.
Thanks nyc - I've have to replace the cooling solution, and then I've have to sell the block

I can still get a new, open box 1070 at microcenter for $503 right now. I think I'll hold off for now and see what comes down the pike later this year. Appreciate the offer though

edit: Just read your edit - Yeah I saw your FS post and thought they would be gone in half an hour lol. If I didn't have so many irons in the fire right now...but I do, so budget, or not at all is actually the best move for me at the moment. Just curious what's good and what's not these days...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:05 PM   #12
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Thanks nyc - I've have to replace the cooling solution, and then I've have to sell the block

I can still get a new, open box 1070 at microcenter for $503 right now. I think I'll hold off for now and see what comes down the pike later this year. Appreciate the offer though

edit: Just read your edit - Yeah I saw your FS post and thought they would be gone in half an hour lol. If I didn't have so many irons in the fire right now...but I do, so budget, or not at all is actually the best move for me at the moment. Just curious what's good and what's not these days...
I have the original cooler as well btw lol.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:09 PM   #13
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
I have the original cooler as well btw lol.
Lol, I'm just afraid I'll regret it not going newer right now. Thanks again though..
Old Apr 2, 2018, 02:07 PM   #14
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

There seems to be more cards showing up daily at hardforum. I really think that prices will drop soon enough as long as the crypto market doesn't suddenly boom again.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 02:51 PM   #15
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
There seems to be more cards showing up daily at hardforum. I really think that prices will drop soon enough as long as the crypto market doesn't suddenly boom again.
I hope you're right. I did a quick google for original msrps after Fleksta posted and that kind of took the wind out of my sails lol. It's just a very small part of my hobbies routine - I won't spend that much on hardware like I used to back when.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 08:28 PM   #16
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Needs a feasibility study first.

Wife eyeballs junk while balancing blade on her fingertip = =not feasible.

2019 after I get my truck and get house renovations done + get my 3 new grandkids and their parents all set - that's when I'm going for a real gaming rig.

Can't wait - hopefully gfx prices are less insane by then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B02dsLGLw4E
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2018, 08:22 AM   #17
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I have a 1070 that I might be willing to part with. It's currently sitting in my VR machine but I don't use VR much anymore. Never mined (and I hate mining). PM me if interested, I'm sure I can cut you a better deal than anyone else.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:46 AM   #18
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I have a 1080 TI I'd part ways with for $650 plus shipping
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:36 AM   #19
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
I have a 1080 TI I'd part ways with for $650 plus shipping
Replied to your PM Omega. Thanks for the offer man.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 07:29 PM   #20
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

So I hear someone is enjoying their new card.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:41 AM   #21
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
So I hear someone is enjoying their new card.
Somewhat of an understatement I didn't expect a card that looked brand new out of the factory. This thing is mint. Thanks again for the great deal

I did have a bit of a time trying to find Asus' latest bios for this mobo I have, after that - just firing up games and cranking settings up
Old Apr 7, 2018, 02:42 PM   #22
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Somewhat of an understatement I didn't expect a card that looked brand new out of the factory. This thing is mint. Thanks again for the great deal

I did have a bit of a time trying to find Asus' latest bios for this mobo I have, after that - just firing up games and cranking settings up
Don't forget to turn on hairworks
Old Apr 7, 2018, 03:06 PM   #23
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Don't forget to turn on hairworks
I forgot about that. You know I've never seen that in action before, or VR...I have some good gaming times ahead, yeah.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 09:54 PM   #24
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I forgot about that. You know I've never seen that in action before, or VR...I have some good gaming times ahead, yeah.
You picked up the ASUS 1080 Ti from Omega?
That's great! Install the Arctic cooler on it if you have the complete mounting kit. That card can run at 2000 MHz sustained if your temps remain low. Alternatively, you can also G12/Corsair H55 the card as well.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:06 PM   #25
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

No, he bought the 1070 from Exposed.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Corsair MP510 480GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2018, 03:45 AM   #26
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
No, he bought the 1070 from Exposed.
Super happy with the deal too.

In response to using the Artic though, I thought about it just because it's such a fantastic cooler, but I'm not sure I want to, or need to tangle with the cooling solution on this Zotac. It basically has it's own steel case with 100mm fans and it's a really sweet solution.

No need to OC at 1440p either, yet anyway. Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 maxed is nice and smooth with temps topping out after prolonged play at about 70c. Great setup all the way around.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 04:46 AM   #27
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Oh it is a Zotac. Then no need for anything. I thought you bought the gay ass turbo that Omega was selling.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2018, 06:42 AM   #28
Lazy8s
One day at a time

wow
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:54 AM   #29
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Yeah I bought that one initially because it had great cooling and default overclocks.

Gonna stick one of my 1080's in the VR machine once the next gen cards come out (2080, 1180, etc..).

Then I'll have a spare 1080 if you also want
Old Apr 8, 2018, 04:57 PM   #30
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah I bought that one initially because it had great cooling and default overclocks.

Gonna stick one of my 1080's in the VR machine once the next gen cards come out (2080, 1180, etc..).

Then I'll have a spare 1080 if you also want
I'll let you know lol. Loving this 1070.