Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Jul 1, 2003, 02:59 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
angelleye
Radeon AIW X800XT

angelleye is still being judged by the masses

Default Sound setup questions....

I've got the AIW 9700 pro. I've had various problems in the past...most of which I've gotten control of so at this point all the features DO work...sometimes I just gotta mess with it.

The card was in a different system not long ago...I've recently switched and something strange happened which is what brings me to this question....

My audio hookup is as follows: I've got a stereo receiver with some Bose speakers which I use as my computer speakers amount other things. RCAs go from line out on the video card to the CD spot in the back of my receiver (it's open and it works.) When I got my AIW card I ran a set of RCAs from the back of the cable box to the Line In on the video card...works fine, but anytime I have my receiver turned on and set to CD with everything plugged in I can hear the cable TV (i can turn off the cable box and it goes off of course, but sometimes that's not an option...for instance when I'm setting up scheduled recording sessions.) Anyway, I just thought that was part of the deal with the way it's setup and I just unplugged the RCAs anytime I wanted to have computer sound w/o TV sound.

I recently placed the card into a new system and upon a clean install of all my software and everything (Catalyst 3.5 and MMC 8.5) I noticed the sound issue was not happening. With everything plugged in and turned on...the ONLY time TV sound came through was when I actually opened the TV program on my computer. It was great.

This only lasted about 2 days however! Now it's back to being on all the time. I initially thought it was after I had selected to run the ATI scheduler upon startup...but I disabled that and tried and it's still not working.

Any ideas on this? Should I setup my stuff differently? Any information would be great.

Thanks!
angelleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:50 AM   #2
shasha
Meatwad

shasha is still being judged by the masses

First of all, what kind of SC are you using? This really sounds like you have the Record input on the Windows audio mixer to record what you hear or stereo mix enabled. This is passing any audio that your PC produces to the outut and on to the receiver. I could be wrong, but I have seen similar issues before.
shasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 06:47 PM   #3
angelleye
Radeon AIW X800XT

angelleye is still being judged by the masses

Default sound card

It's just a basic Sound Blaster card that I have in there now. On the system before I was using onboard sound on my ASUS. Where can I check that record input stuff? I'm not seeing anything in my sound properties.

thanks!
angelleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad