Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Jan 7, 2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shlomir

Shlomir is still being judged by the masses

Default Cannot set 1680x1050 res on HD4350 with Win7 64bit!

Hello everyone!

I just got a new PC with an Asus EAH4350 1GB graphic card with ATI chipset running Windows7 64 bit professional.

My monitor is a Proview el-drecko China crap, that has 1680x1050 as maximum resolution and I am running via VGA cable on a KVM.

I was able to get maximum resolution with WinXP, and have installed the latest Radeon driver set, but can only get 1140x900..

Could someone kindly explain how I can get the 1680x1050 option back?

Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 02:04 AM   #2
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlomir View Post
Hello everyone!

I just got a new PC with an Asus EAH4350 1GB graphic card with ATI chipset running Windows7 64 bit professional.

My monitor is a Proview el-drecko China crap, that has 1680x1050 as maximum resolution and I am running via VGA cable on a KVM.

I was able to get maximum resolution with WinXP, and have installed the latest Radeon driver set, but can only get 1140x900..

Could someone kindly explain how I can get the 1680x1050 option back?

Thanks.
Welcome!

Try this:

Go into Device Manager and Remove the currently listed monitor/s that show up there. (Don't worry, you will NOT lose the display!) When you select to Remove that monitor also place a checkmark in the box to Uninstall the drivers.

OK back to the Desktop and restart the PC.

Let Windows re-detect the connected monitor and see now if you get your native resolution back.

If this doesn't fix it, try connecting directly to the video card rather than through the KVM.

Good luck!
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Old Jan 8, 2011, 02:57 AM   #3
Shlomir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyre Straits View Post
Welcome!

Try this:

Go into Device Manager and Remove the currently listed monitor/s that show up there. (Don't worry, you will NOT lose the display!) When you select to Remove that monitor also place a checkmark in the box to Uninstall the drivers.

OK back to the Desktop and restart the PC.

Let Windows re-detect the connected monitor and see now if you get your native resolution back.

If this doesn't fix it, try connecting directly to the video card rather than through the KVM.

Good luck!
Thanks Dyre, I tried that and I also tried to create a new driver using that PaintStrip software or whatever, but still can only get 1400x1050! It's a pain in the arse since I have an old Core2Duo with an Nvidia6800 card and it runs fine at 1600x1050 using the SVGA kvm. Beats me why this ATI Card don't work.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 8, 2011, 06:26 AM   #4
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

What output directly from the video card are you using?

If you got the ATI DVI->VGA adapter with the card, are you, or have you, used that yet?

Also, have you tried changing the resolution from within the Windows Screen Resolution settings? [Right click on Desktop and click on Screen Resolution.]

Then, if all else fails, go into CCC to the Monitor Properties and Uncheck the box at the "Use Extended Display Identification Data [EDID]."

See then if you can use the native resolution.
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Old Jan 8, 2011, 05:42 PM   #5
Shlomir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyre Straits View Post
What output directly from the video card are you using?

If you got the ATI DVI->VGA adapter with the card, are you, or have you, used that yet?

Also, have you tried changing the resolution from within the Windows Screen Resolution settings? [Right click on Desktop and click on Screen Resolution.]

Then, if all else fails, go into CCC to the Monitor Properties and Uncheck the box at the "Use Extended Display Identification Data [EDID]."

See then if you can use the native resolution.
OK, this is getting VERY frustrating, and baffles me when my other machine connected to the KVM albeit with an Nvidia card works fine!

So I found a DVI-VGA dongle and am now connecting to the 4350 with the DVI. This then allowed me to change the EDID setting to 168x1050 with a maximum 200Hz... HOWEVER when I went back to change display resolution the highest is 1400x1050! Same via CCC and when I went into the 'Modes' on the fricken Control Panel driver setting the maximum modes was 1400x1050x32bit!!!! WTF!!!

Now it also accepted 1600x1200x200hz, but that was completely useless when trying to set that and crashed the monitor range!!

Then I tried removing the monitor in Device Manager and restart, same thing, won't hold 1680x1050, I even tried using the driver I created using PaintStrip, same ****.

This is a pain in the arse that these Radeon cards don't work when a 3.5 year old Nvidia card does it fine, no problem!!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 07:55 PM   #6
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The problem is the card is confused by the KVM. Have you tried different cables/different port on the KVM? What is the monitor listed as under device manager?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 04:49 AM   #7
Shlomir

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
The problem is the card is confused by the KVM. Have you tried different cables/different port on the KVM? What is the monitor listed as under device manager?
It crazy that the ATI card is confused by the KVM, but the Nvidia one isn't!!!!

The monitor comes up as 'Generic non-PnP monitor'.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 04:22 AM   #8
kn00tcn
zero-zero

kn00tcn is still being judged by the masses

confirmed it works directly connected to the monitor?
did you say winxp worked with the kvm, but not 7?
OpenGL startup crash fix #1 / fix #2 (for < radeon 6000 cards?)
better crossfire for Section8 Prejudice, Hydrophobia, UDK
Old Mar 26, 2011, 03:52 PM   #9
manuk

manuk is still being judged by the masses

Default Weord but true

Exact same problem (no KVM), but the suggested solution didn't work.

The weird part is that the 1680x1050 resolution isn't even listed in the supported Desktop rate list. I am using ver 2011.0126.1749.3 1909 for CCC. Monitor is a 22-inch standard LCD.

BTW what is native for this card.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:24 PM   #10
kn00tcn
zero-zero

kn00tcn is still being judged by the masses

cards have no native, they have... like a giant list of supported modes, you can view them with various apps but it's pretty much things as low as 640x480 all the way up to 2560x1600
OpenGL startup crash fix #1 / fix #2 (for < radeon 6000 cards?)
better crossfire for Section8 Prejudice, Hydrophobia, UDK