Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

View Poll Results: Predict how will the Switch do?
Massive Wii-like success. 75+ million consoles sold. 4 6.06%
Generally strong sales. 50-75 million consoles sold. 11 16.67%
Mild success. 25-50 million consoles sold. 20 30.30%
Borderline failure. 15-25 million consoles sold. 16 24.24%
Dreamcast-style failure. 5-15 million consoles sold. 6 9.09%
Virtual Boy-style absolute doom. <5 million consoles sold. 2 3.03%
Too hard to predict... my head esplode! 2 3.03%
Predictions are for weeners. 5 7.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 12, 2018, 06:32 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

i sold Mario Kart 8 and bought MK8 Deluxe so I could play the battle mode, which I always preferred. Was not at all disappointed in my decision. It's also a fun game to open up and play a few rounds when sitting in bed or something. The game loads very fast. I got digital copies of Splatoon 2 and this one since they're both quick match types of games so you can spin them up on a whim.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:04 PM   #212
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Buy the Switch 1 now, your going to be waiting a long time!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...221939538.html
Nintendo can release a Switch 2 or Switch X anytime they want, as the nextgen Tegra SoC already exists, and has existed since before the Switch released. It will be super easy for them to release a mid-cycle refresh for the Switch. Predicting what nintendo will do is difficult though.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2018, 07:06 PM   #213
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Nintendo can release a Switch 2 or Switch X anytime they want, as the nextgen Tegra SoC already exists, and has existed since before the Switch released. It will be super easy for them to release a mid-cycle refresh for the Switch. Predicting what nintendo will do is difficult though.
Highly doubt that will happen anytime soon, as long as the cheaper hardware keeps selling Nintendo isn't going to do anything with creating another console.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 13, 2018, 07:35 AM   #214
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Switch has a few new characters (like King boo), can hold 2 items at once, and arena battle mode.

unless you really need that battle mode (its pretty damn bad tbh with the racetracks) I don't think its substantial enough to warrant a re-buy.
Ya, that's all pretty minor stuff...It doesn't affect me but I still think Nintendo should make another Mario Kart this generation...
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:53 PM   #215
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Ya, that's all pretty minor stuff...It doesn't affect me but I still think Nintendo should make another Mario Kart this generation...
Not really sure, as the current version is basically perfected. Maybe they can just release more maps and characters? I think they need to really innovate something new if they want to put a new number on it though.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Feb 15, 2018, 03:30 PM   #216
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Not really sure, as the current version is basically perfected. Maybe they can just release more maps and characters? I think they need to really innovate something new if they want to put a new number on it though.
Well ya, some new ideas are usually nice. I just feel bad for the people who bought and played this game years ago if they have to wait another 5 years to get a proper new Mario Kart...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 04:01 PM   #217
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Well ya, some new ideas are usually nice. I just feel bad for the people who bought and played this game years ago if they have to wait another 5 years to get a proper new Mario Kart...
I'm not too bothered by it as this is an excellent version of it.

If you were make a list of the best Mario Kart titles 8 is definitely top 3.
The DLC gives it some longevity but that would depend on if Nintendo will expand beyond what Deluxe has.

The next version of Mario Kart would definitely need something different.
For example:

-Double racers from Double dash
-Character specific special items
-Character specific karts (and in turn more prominent stat differences)
-pure lottery based item box selection. not newbie friendly handicaps like 8's distance based chances (items you get are based on your position and distance from racer in front of you). I want to see 1st place just completely dominate the whole race (with overlaps) make it like an "expert mode" or something so it'll still keep the appeal to everyone.
-There shouldn't be like 5 separate versions of Mario.....
-give the item boxes a bit of a strategy. say you have an item, and run over a box. Currently nothing happens, you just hang onto the item and the box doesn't activate. How about we have it that everytime you run over a box it activates and overwrites your current item if you have one. This gives you a chance to either
a) Get a new better item.
b) Get a new worse item.
c) In the event of the landing same item you are currently holding, you can stack them (up to 3).
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 06:56 PM   #218
borat
Radeon R700

If Bayonetta 3 stays exclusive to Nintendo, I'm sure that'll help a lot even though it didn't help the WiiU all that much....
Old Feb 16, 2018, 06:59 PM   #219
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I wish Nintendo would make a console version of the switch, I have that its a portable first. It never leaves the dock, I don't care for its portability.

Since its basically a Shield Tablet, they could just take the Shield TV and make it a Switch TV for people who don't need a portable console...
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:11 AM   #220
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Highly doubt that will happen anytime soon, as long as the cheaper hardware keeps selling Nintendo isn't going to do anything with creating another console.
Nintendo always create multiple versions of their handheld.

In 2-3 years time I can see a Switch plus being released.

Also a cheaper more child proof switch.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2018, 08:47 AM   #221
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I wish Nintendo would make a console version of the switch, I have that its a portable first. It never leaves the dock, I don't care for its portability.

Since its basically a Shield Tablet, they could just take the Shield TV and make it a Switch TV for people who don't need a portable console...
It is possible they could release a "performance dock" which would bypass the switch graphics and utilize an external GPU for home only purposes.

Of course the switch would have to have been setup for external GPU bypass capability to begin with for that to even work.

drawback to that is you'd have to already own a switch.....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Feb 20, 2018, 02:02 PM   #222
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce a successor to the 3ds this year. The switch is nice, but I'd hate to see them abandon the portable market.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Feb 20, 2018, 02:53 PM   #223
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The switch is already portable, Nintendo themselves said they were going to converge both markets into one a long time ago.

My guess is they will make a switch with a lower node, that runs cooler, uses less power and a much longer battery life due to the node, and a XL screen that has a lot less bezel.

However at the moment I don't think they will do antrim except maybe a more kiddy proof switch, or switch limited editions like a pikachu yellow switch with yellow Joycon etc.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Feb 20, 2018, 03:16 PM   #224
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

I question the LE switches (whole console) due to the cost. The limited edition Joycons however I see being a reality as they're already out there.

Two games already released would have been a plum opportunity to do a LE console BotW and Mario Odyssey. Mario had a box with red joy-cons. BotW disappointingly didn't have any LE stuff. Speculation about the next Zelda game however is out there about new/LE hardware.

I for one am looking forward to Metroid Prime 4, which would also be a good chance for a LE console/joy cons given there was a LE 3ds for Return of Samus. Yes I do see this blows my entire idea about a LE Switch out of the water too.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2018, 02:06 PM   #225
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

One year old now.

This was a good analysis video I thought. Check it out:

Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:35 AM   #226
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Nintendo always create multiple versions of their handheld.

In 2-3 years time I can see a Switch plus being released.

Well my cheaper more child proof switch (aka only handheld) prediciton wasn't that far off.

Also 35million since March.

Just thought I'd bump to be a ass.

Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:05 PM   #227
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Well my cheaper more child proof switch (aka only handheld) prediciton wasn't that far off.

Also 35million since March.

Just thought I'd bump to be a ass.
Nothing on the more powerful end though. Although I'm not sure they need it with the type of games Nintendo does.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:46 PM   #228
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Nothing on the more powerful end though. Although I'm not sure they need it with the type of games Nintendo does.
They need it on the 3rd party end. Plus I said 2-3 years, only been one year I have still time to be a total ass. :P

Old Jul 26, 2019, 01:01 PM   #229
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
They need it on the 3rd party end. Plus I said 2-3 years, only been one year I have still time to be a total ass. :P
It feels like its been out a lot longer than that...its only been out for 2 years?
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:16 AM   #230
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Thought i'd bump this because on the heels of the eventual PS5 and Xbox series X releases, Nintendo has just announced the Switch continues to print money and is around 52million units sold now, surpassing the SNES.

That means the 11 people who guessed the 50-75million sell range are now the correct guessers

I was not one of those 11.....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:51 AM   #231
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

So...half as many units as PS4?

Impressive.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 02:13 PM   #232
Nascar24

I was close, I only missed by 27 million, that's like just a little!
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:30 PM   #233
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

Impressive.
But that's because at least half those suckers have had to buy another PS4... Sooo....

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:56 PM   #234
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

Impressive.
Half as many units in half as much time. Sounds pretty impressive to me.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro