Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

View Poll Results: Predict how will the Switch do?
Massive Wii-like success. 75+ million consoles sold. 4 6.06%
Generally strong sales. 50-75 million consoles sold. 11 16.67%
Mild success. 25-50 million consoles sold. 20 30.30%
Borderline failure. 15-25 million consoles sold. 16 24.24%
Dreamcast-style failure. 5-15 million consoles sold. 6 9.09%
Virtual Boy-style absolute doom. <5 million consoles sold. 2 3.03%
Too hard to predict... my head esplode! 2 3.03%
Predictions are for weeners. 5 7.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:32 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

We had 20 today, at close we had 10. We were walking around the store asking people if they wanted one. The demand is already slowing, I sold more ps4 pros today than switches...
Old Apr 10, 2017, 02:39 AM   #152
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

lol yes. Tons of switches in every store I have been in. Waiting for that price drop.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2017, 07:12 AM   #153
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Still hard to find one in Winnipeg. Posts appear on Reddit when they arrive somewhere. They are still selling. Still, Nintendo has made the following stupid errors with launch:

1) too long to wait after Zelda for Mario Kart. Should have launched with the Switch or been available within 30 days.

2) Firm release dates for other big titles. No 2017 bullshit. Change them if need be, but let people know.

3) GameCube games Snes and N64 on eshop at launch. Or at the very least one of those. Who gives a **** about neogeo.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 10, 2017, 07:59 AM   #154
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Janitor View Post
Still hard to find one in Winnipeg. Posts appear on Reddit when they arrive somewhere. They are still selling. Still, Nintendo has made the following stupid errors with launch:

1) too long to wait after Zelda for Mario Kart. Should have launched with the Switch or been available within 30 days.

2) Firm release dates for other big titles. No 2017 bullshit. Change them if need be, but let people know.

3) GameCube games Snes and N64 on eshop at launch. Or at the very least one of those. Who gives a **** about neogeo.
Yep.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:17 AM   #155
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Someone please buy them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:37 AM   #156
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
We had 20 today, at close we had 10. We were walking around the store asking people if they wanted one. The demand is already slowing, I sold more ps4 pros today than switches...
When did this shipment come into your store and how many was it?
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2017, 01:39 PM   #157
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Well I can imagine you talked them into buying the pro's. Plus I can't imagine 10 or more pros selling in a day, sure I like mine, but in a day for a console that's been out a while?

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2017, 01:49 PM   #158
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Someone please buy them.

That looks like Sam's and I can tell you, my local Sam's club has nothing on the floor that would indicate that they have ever had any thing Switch related.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2017, 01:57 PM   #159
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Best Buy uses those cage carts as well.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 02:08 PM   #160
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wouldn't it be normal for the switch sales to be slowing down considering how thin its library currently is?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2017, 03:24 PM   #161
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Wouldn't it be normal for the switch sales to be slowing down considering how thin its library currently is?
Yeah, and they will pick up again later this month when Mario Kart is released.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 03:40 PM   #162
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
When did this shipment come into your store and how many was it?
Last week but we had to hold them since we advertised that we would have them on Sunday.

And yes we sold a ton of pros, Sony is giving free Blu-rays with the console. We were sold out for awhile.

Old Apr 10, 2017, 04:00 PM   #163
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Last week but we had to hold them since we advertised that we would have them on Sunday.

And yes we sold a ton of pros, Sony is giving free Blu-rays with the console. We were sold out for awhile.

10 units sold at one store since yesterday doesn't sound too bad for a console that's been out for over a month with a small game library.

Like I said its probably going to get another surge of sales once Mario Kart comes out. As long as they continue a steady stream of good games it will sell.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 03:45 PM   #164
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Challenge Accepted. I'll ask the neighborhood kids this weekend.
Asked a group of 7 that always come over when I'm walking the dog. All of them knew who Nintendo was but only 1 had a 3DS (XL version) because they don't fly for vacations. They mostly talked about Playstation or "a computer" which seemed to include iPads from their point of view.

Echo Chamber - "an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered."

This is considered trolling and a personal attack according to Curio. FYI in case you decide to step in there. I wonder if the definition of irony is known...
AdelphiaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2017, 03:48 PM   #165
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Asked a group of 7 that always come over when I'm walking the dog. All of them knew who Nintendo was but only 1 had a 3DS (XL version) because they don't fly for vacations. They mostly talked about Playstation or "a computer" which seemed to include iPads from their point of view.
Very surprising and hard to believe. What were their ages?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:25 AM   #166
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Very surprising and hard to believe. What were their ages?
I would guess 7 to 11 or so. The iPad part surprised me a bit... I didn't get into detail because the conversation was odd enough to have while a dog is the main attraction.

Echo Chamber - "an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered."

This is considered trolling and a personal attack according to Curio. FYI in case you decide to step in there. I wonder if the definition of irony is known...
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:28 AM   #167
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I would guess 7 to 11 or so. The iPad part surprised me a bit... I didn't get into detail because the conversation was odd enough to have while a dog is the main attraction.
Welp, you proved me wrong, anecdotal as it might be.

Around my area nearly every kid I see is walking around with a DS lite or 3DS in their hands.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 02:32 AM   #168
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Switch sales are slowing way down, and Mario Kart is still over a month away. Nintendo's definitely going to do a price cut before Christmas, or else the Switch will be a failure.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2017, 03:21 AM   #169
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Highest selling Nintendo console in America, above the Wii so far.

Mario kart is 2 weeks away not a month.

Quote:
Nintendo Switch, the new home gaming system that people can also take on the go, has sold faster in its launch month than any other video game system in Nintendo history. The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. That makes Nintendo Switch one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time. Notably, this sales surge was accomplished in a nontraditional month for a console launch.

The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game sold over 1.3 million units*. That total includes more than 925,000 units sold for Nintendo Switch and nearly 460,000 units sold for the Wii U console.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Last edited by SirBaron : Apr 14, 2017 at 03:26 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 06:47 AM   #170
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Highest selling Nintendo console in America, above the Wii so far.

Mario kart is 2 weeks away not a month.
Because they put more out at launch. Pace wise the Wii was a lot stronger I believe but it was inventory constrained. Wii was touch to get almost a year after it's launch.

Old Apr 14, 2017, 07:52 AM   #171
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

I think they're feeling bullish. I suspect a major reason for NES classic discontinuation is to free up assembly lines for Switches.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:08 AM   #172
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Welp, you proved me wrong, anecdotal as it might be.

Around my area nearly every kid I see is walking around with a DS lite or 3DS in their hands.
Eh, anecdotal it is. This particular group is normally outside doing sidewalk chalk type stuff and various games. Don't know if it's by their choice or not

Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:36 AM   #173
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Well, for what it's worth, can't find one on the shelves in our town and surrounding towns for a couple of weeks. My daughter wants one.

Was told at one store that they got in a shipment at noon and were sold out in 3 hrs.

May be regional differences.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:01 PM   #174
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
I think they're feeling bullish. I suspect a major reason for NES classic discontinuation is to free up assembly lines for Switches.
Nope, it was for the SNES mini, just announced.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:11 PM   #175
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So I guess the n64 mini is coming out next year then, I seem to remember reading that the hw in the nes mini was capable of emulating up to n64 level systems.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2017, 01:05 PM   #176
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So I guess the n64 mini is coming out next year then, I seem to remember reading that the hw in the nes mini was capable of emulating up to n64 level systems.
Oh man, I am getting so hype for NFL Blitz just thinking about an N64 mini
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2017, 03:45 PM   #177
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Honestly there's probably only ~30 games worth playing on the n64. (btw, n64 is one of my favorite consoles & I prolly 60-70 carts in my collection)

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2017, 07:36 AM   #178
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Nope, it was for the SNES mini, just announced.
Correction: it has not been announced. There are just more and more rumors swirling around it. It's got my interest. Hope if they do it they have enough for people that actually want them to be able to buy this time, and not from scalpers.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2018, 01:48 AM   #179
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
5 to 15 million for it's lifetime.... I don't think it hits 5 million until the sales peak for the Mario release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Switch sales are slowing way down, and Mario Kart is still over a month away. Nintendo's definitely going to do a price cut before Christmas, or else the Switch will be a failure.

So figured it's time to bump, not even finished it's first year and it's sold 14.86 million consoles so far. Some countries it's the fastest selling console to date, granted I 100% don't believe it will ever get to 100million consoles sold.

Anyway just goes to show that bias influences what people predict.

First party titles sales so far.

Super Mario Odyssey - 9.07 million units
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 7.33 million units (Up 2.91M units)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 6.7 million units (Up 2M units)
Splatoon 2 - 4.91 million units (Up 1.3M units)
1-2-Switch - 1.88 million units (Up 0.51M units)
ARMS - 1.61 million units (Up 0.26M units)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.06 million units

My PS4 pro and my switch keep me plenty busy. Good Times to be gaming.

Old Jan 31, 2018, 08:40 AM   #180
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I voted 25-50 million. Think I am still comfortable with that prediction, although I wouldn't be too surprised if it went a bit above that.