Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:41 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Kayaking in the sun...

Yesterday my brother asked me to go kayaking with him, so I agree. before we leave I ask him to make sure he's packed everything we will need, food, water, sunscreen, bug spray.
we get to the river unload everything and what do you know, he's forgotten the sunscreen and bug spray.

so we say screw it and go anyways, I thought we'd be back in a couple of hours at most...
Nope he wants to go all the way from the river, into the giant marsh and then on to the locks at the end and into one of the many local lakes in the area.

So like 4 hours out and another 4 hours to get back. We were being eaten alive by horse/deer flies the entire way to boot.

Stop for lunch on a random island, and I said we should head back as we still had another 1+ hour before we hit the lake and the combination of sun/bugs was killing us. He reluctantly agrees, around this time we have just started to burn. (hurrah for no sunscreen) what a painful ordeal paddling back up the river was.

Suffice to say we both have some nasty burns all along our legs/arms and necks.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:48 AM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Yep. Been there, done that. In my experience, if you forget the bug spray and sun screen, get back in the car and drive to the nearest store.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 04:10 PM   #3
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Those butane heating pad thingies for bugs are really good BTW...

Thermacell.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 21, 2019, 04:18 PM   #4
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

All I can think of.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote