Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 21, 2019, 06:39 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Currently in New Delhi.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old Jul 21, 2019, 07:26 AM   #32
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

On my couch.

Fun stuff... Since we're talking user base erosion and other happy topics, did anyone of you ever took a look at the currently logged on users at the bottom of the front page ? Quite a few have zero post, some have a registration date of well over six months/a year, but they do have a homepage set. Passive spam... That's a first (for me at least).

For now I've found a dating service, a link to writing services and a strange forum in cyrillic (switching to private navigation just in case...)
Old Jul 21, 2019, 08:19 AM   #33
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
IIRC this is the site's owner:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/member.php?u=1345
Oh ****, you're right I completely forgot.

I recall him posting a long time back, I wonder if with no one really knowing what's going on here if one day the site will suddenly disappear.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 21, 2019, 08:21 AM   #34
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
A lot of people left. Good you came back. Site has been dead for a while.
I think I post here to keep track of my games and that’s about it.
Or call random people gay. Where the heck else can I do this?
It's good to be back to be honest. Nice to see so many familiar faces.

I've been using reddit for a long time now, there's a lot of content but you never get to know anyone.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 08:29 AM   #35
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Wow... I haven't paid much attention to that thread. Sheesh.
Yeah I caught up with that stalking profiles, wondering where everyone went.

Poor Andy, just goes to show you, you never truly know what the future has in store for you.

Hope he's doing better.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 08:32 AM   #36
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
I think Ichy owns it but Lup is the head admin or something? I know someone still has access to the server, but I don't know if that's the same person with ownership of the domain.

I guess I'm probably supposed to know this...
Right, Lupine is an Admin.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 08:39 AM   #37
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Right, Lupine is an Admin.
I vaguely remember Lupine announced he purchased rage3d.
The only way to know for sure is the man himself come here to clear it up.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 08:47 AM   #38
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
Now you mention it, I do recall reading that several years back, he purchased it off ichy.

I remember him talking about plans going forwards etc.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:27 AM   #39
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Must have missed that.

yoz
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:37 AM   #40
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:

I'm like 99% sure this happened. Charles bought R3D from Eric like a couple years ago. Or at least, I remember having this conversation with Lupe though I suppose I might've just imagined it. My memory ain't what it used to be, since I joined this site back in '69
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:41 AM   #41
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
I'm like 99% sure this happened. Charles bought R3D from Eric like a couple years ago. Or at least, I remember having this conversation with Lupe though I suppose I might've just imagined it. My memory ain't what it used to be, since I joined this site back in '69
How do you go about moderating a site when the owners have gone awol?

Really odd situation.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:34 AM   #42
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Shrike sends them his butt pics from time to time. So they know site is running fine.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:02 PM   #43
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Shrike sends them his butt pics from time to time. So they know site is running fine.
A site built upon manches.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:27 PM   #44
Rayder
Radeon Northern Islands

Rayder is still being judged by the masses

I'm still around, I just don't do much computer building anymore. Especially for games, I just went back to consoles. This laptop is is 7 years old and ranks among the last of the times I bothered with computer stuff.
Rayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:30 PM   #45
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayder View Post
I'm still around, I just don't do much computer building anymore. Especially for games, I just went back to consoles. This laptop is is 7 years old and ranks among the last of the times I bothered with computer stuff.
I still game, switched to couch gaming but using a PC. Took me a while to get used to but it's much better on the back!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 03:08 PM   #46
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I still can't believe that Rage outlasted NVNews.
Fine wine baby! Fine wine
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 03:21 PM   #47
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
How do you go about moderating a site when the owners have gone awol?

Really odd situation.
I think part of it is that a lot of the owner/admin teams sort of moved on to other projects and things in life. R3D was never a money maker. I'm pretty sure it doesn't even manage to fund itself, that whoever "owns" it has the privilege of keeping the site running on their own dime for us cretins. I'm not sure how bad the margins are or how many subscribers it would take to keep the site running without it being a drain on someone's finances. I don't think the vBulletin Cloud offering is too expensive. I wonder how much traffic this site generates in terms of bandwidth per month.

Quote:
It's not quite "America's ass" but I know how to work it.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 03:24 PM   #48
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
I think part of it is that a lot of the owner/admin teams sort of moved on to other projects and things in life. R3D was never a money maker. I'm pretty sure it doesn't even manage to fund itself, that whoever "owns" it has the privilege of keeping the site running on their own dime for us cretins. I'm not sure how bad the margins are or how many subscribers it would take to keep the site running without it being a drain on someone's finances. I don't think the vBulletin Cloud offering is too expensive. I wonder how much traffic this site generates in terms of bandwidth per month.

It's not quite "America's ass" but I know how to work it.
Oh right, well kudos to them and you guys keeping it running all this time.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:06 PM   #49
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

We had a few tech issues a while back (site would go down for days), and a bunch of Russian bots, but the site has been okay for the last year or so.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:15 PM   #50
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wait... Kepler split with his wife? Didn't he buy a beautiful home and so forth? I also remember he liked (or she?) to cook and show off all sorts of meals. From what I remember he was also a pretty cool dude. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:42 PM   #51
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Kepler got the western treatment. Can’t believe anyone would buy a home with a British or American woman? Would be like chopping off his balls and giving it in a platter.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:30 PM   #52
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Kepler got the western treatment. Can’t believe anyone would buy a home with a British or American woman? Would be like chopping off his balls and giving it in a platter.
Speaking of which, friend just sent me this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq2thMuLCyg&t=3m13s

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:35 PM   #53
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
Also.. where in blue cheese is Dave?
He's been busy giving GI Bro the business
Old Jul 22, 2019, 01:17 PM   #54
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
He's been busy giving GI Bro the business
Ahh, business as usual then
Old Jul 22, 2019, 01:48 PM   #55
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
We've all been busy giving GI Bro the business
Fixt
Old Jul 22, 2019, 01:52 PM   #56
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
Fixt
, about time you showed up!

Settle the question of who owns Rage, Itchy or Lupine?

yoz
Old Jul 22, 2019, 02:47 PM   #57
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
, about time you showed up!

Settle the question of who owns Rage, Itchy or Lupine?
Itchy.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 02:55 PM   #58
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
Itchy.
TY.

yoz
Old Jul 22, 2019, 03:02 PM   #59
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
I think Ichy owns it but Lup is the head admin or something? I know someone still has access to the server, but I don't know if that's the same person with ownership of the domain.
Quote:
Quote:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...1&postcount=57

yoz
Old Jul 22, 2019, 03:04 PM   #60
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Quote:
I wonder what it cost. Probably not more than $1