Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 6, 2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default These Sugar Baby stats can't possibly be real, can they?

That graph is old, the claim now is that there's over 300k sugar babies in Canada. Considering that the Canadian population of women around 18-34 y/old is around 3.3 million that would mean that roughly speaking 1/11 women in that age bracket have at least signed up for the service. It would also mean that if the following graph is true, around 1/3 women between 18-20 y/o have signed up for the service as well.

Couple it with the stat of the age of dudes and I can't believe this to be true. It's pretty disheartening if this is true. Mind you my math could be wrong, and I hope it is. My hope is that these stats are inflated by the guys who create such websites.

Gents, take care of your daughters (and sons).

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 05:00 PM   #2
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

No pics of the sugar babies?

Psh. Garbage.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 05:00 PM   #3
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Where it doesn't match up is when you look at the stats they promote on the most popular SB Universities, like UBC. They have around ~30k female students (assuming a 50% fem pop). Yet the website claims around 300 UBC students are currently registered. If they are the best case scenario as a sample representation (age bracket, need, etc) then it's about 1 in 100 women.

Stats don't seem to add up. UoT is around 40k female with 1170 SB registered which would mean around 1 in 40 women.

Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 6, 2019, 05:01 PM   #4
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
No pics of the sugar babies?

Psh. Garbage.

Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 6, 2019, 06:12 PM   #5
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Connectivity is the key here.

It is very easy to find each other and stay quiet about it.

Women have been attracted to money and power since Greek antiquity.

Why are you even surprised a little?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 06:24 PM   #6
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Just asked the wife if I could acquire a sugar baby. She said no.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 06:33 PM   #7
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Connectivity is the key here.

It is very easy to find each other and stay quiet about it.

Women have been attracted to money and power since Greek antiquity.

Why are you even surprised a little?
Because it is a potentially staggering statistic (anywhere from 1-11, 1-35, 1-50, to 1-100 women within the 18-29 age demo). If true, it throws off all most recent social conventions that were being built over the past century or so which had created great social stability and protected both men and women, such as: marriage, closer age differential between men and women (which reduces the power differential wealthy/experienced/old men had over them), opportunities for dating and marriage/pairing for new generations, etc.

You are going to get young women paired with men whom they can't really relate to, using their best years, delaying childbearing (potentially to their own detriment), and reduced capability for pairbonding, on top of looking at relationships as a mere economic transaction. And you are going to get a bunch of depressed young dudes being lonely and screwed over by boomers not only in an economic sense anymore but also in the "dating" scene. It can also be potentially abused by some as a means to loophole prostitution.

On top of it, it only took a website less than 10-15 years to accomplish it? With men who do this being in the 50+ y/o bracket and taking in so many young women it takes away some of the women's best years (because of their economic necessity) and it takes away them pairing with men who are closer to their age which results in a new generation of lonelier young people with less mating and marriage/childbearing and future building opportunities?

I am not denying that it's a biological thing (men providers, women wanting security and being provided for). I am saying it potentially sacrifices a lot of the civility that was achieved (and peace, social unity, etc) through the past century in favor of our more basic animalistic instincts using an extremely disparate wealth distribution with older men holding the vast majority of resources in almost every sense.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 6, 2019, 06:57 PM   #8
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

You think those sugar babies don't hit the clubs and hook up with young dudes too?

They are broken ass women to begin with, so why in the hell would anyone want to knock up a chick dumb enough to sell herself?
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 07:09 PM   #9
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
You think those sugar babies don't hit the clubs and hook up with young dudes too?

They are broken ass women to begin with, so why in the hell would anyone want to knock up a chick dumb enough to sell herself?
I have a feeling a lot of them aren't the club/hookup type; some might be, for sure. 30% of the women who sugar do it to pay for tuition (in the US this is a big deal). Another percentage do it to pay for their child and yes, there's a few of them who do it for luxury and travel, etc.

It also appears to be very, very murky. Some SB claim they never have sex while only providing company, others do have sex. Personally I am inclined to believe most do have sex. Others have claimed that over time they've fallen in love and actually married/built long term relationships.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 7, 2019, 08:47 AM   #10
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

average(age) = maximum(age) = 42 for guys.
average(age) = minimum(age) = 26 for girls.

Yeah, that makes sense. That's what how averages work, sure.
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 08:56 AM   #11
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

its not surprising, i joined up there in 2010 i think. Its by far the best(imo) of the sugar daddy sites. I disagree with there avg costs in the toronto area tho
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:22 AM   #12
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Are these women essentially prostitutes?
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:30 AM   #13
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Are these women essentially prostitutes?
pretty much, they all have a myriad reasons for doing so but in the end it is what it is.
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:36 AM   #14
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I came here to ask WTF a sugar baby is. Then I realised, the reason I don't know is because I don't have that much sugar.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:07 AM   #15
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
its not surprising, i joined up there in 2010 i think. Its by far the best(imo) of the sugar daddy sites. I disagree with there avg costs in the toronto area tho
and tell us moar!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 02:35 PM   #16
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSt View Post
average(age) = maximum(age) = 42 for guys.
average(age) = minimum(age) = 26 for girls.

Yeah, that makes sense. That's what how averages work, sure.
Where are you getting this from? Can you elaborate?
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 7, 2019, 02:38 PM   #17
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post

Gents, take care of your daughters (and sons).
i understand why this can be worrisome, but imo there are plenty of "worse ways" to fail as a parent. If this even constitutes a failure-of-parent outright... If everyone is a consenting adult and no laws are broken... Icky? Sure. But there are worse things to be a part of...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 02:51 PM   #18
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Do you think their numbers are legitimate? Because if they are it seems staggering to me that 1 out of 11 women in Canada between 18-29 would have an account there.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 7, 2019, 02:51 PM   #19
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
d

I have a feeling a lot of them aren't the club/hookup type; some might be, for sure. 30% of the women who sugar do it to pay for tuition (in the US this is a big deal).
Your feeling i just that though, a feeling.

If you spend time on dating sites, you will find quite a lot of SUPER hot chicks
that have sugar daddies and want a douche for an oil change on the week-end.

If you look further into stats, a lot of those women had dysfunctional relationships with their fathers.

That totally skewed their perspective on long term relationship and actually letting themselves fall in love.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 02:53 PM   #20
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i understand why this can be worrisome, but imo there are plenty of "worse ways" to fail as a parent. If this even constitutes a failure-of-parent outright... If everyone is a consenting adult and no laws are broken... Icky? Sure. But there are worse things to be a part of...
Idk man, having your 18-23 year old daughter banging a 60+ year old dude to make ends meet or worse, for luxuries... I would feel pretty bad as a parent.

Now, if the relationship came about organically and she is into older dudes, sure I guess. But are we kidding ourselves here? How often do you think that's actually the case?
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 7, 2019, 02:56 PM   #21
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Your feeling i just that though, a feeling.

If you spend time on dating sites, you will find quite a lot of SUPER hot chicks
that have sugar daddies and want a douche for an oil change on the week-end.

If you look further into stats, a lot of those women had dysfunctional relationships with their fathers.

That totally skewed their perspective on long term relationship and actually letting themselves fall in love.
A douche for an oil change... that's a good line. Fair enough, so you think the psychology might be something like, "hey, I can see sex and company as a monetary transaction so why not go ahead?"?

I just can't imagine it being 1/11 women though, once again that seems far too high for me. I can see it being 1 out of 100 actually going through with it (like the UBC stats), or 1 out of 40 (like the UoT stats).
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 7, 2019, 03:52 PM   #22
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

I would say 1/11 is high, but at bars and clubs, it's probably 1/4 at least.

But like I said, online removes ALL the barriers of days past.

You can even read on sugar babies that actually don even have sex with their daddies.
Like the men crave relationships so much that paying for a friendship is OK.
Dont remember what they are called though.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 04:24 PM   #23
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I would say 1/11 is high, but at bars and clubs, it's probably 1/4 at least.

But like I said, online removes ALL the barriers of days past.

You can even read on sugar babies that actually don even have sex with their daddies.
Like the men crave relationships so much that paying for a friendship is OK.
Dont remember what they are called though.
True, and I guess we'll never really know how many actually have sex. Some men absolutely probably only want company. I've read a number of stories from SB that claim they don't have sex. I don't know if they are lying or deceiving themselves.

I also imagine they are likely lying about their numbers. Ashley Madison did the same thing, they had a bunch of bots pretending to be women to inflate their numbers.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 7, 2019, 04:49 PM   #24
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

This isn't new, and it isn't surprising. I've been single my whole life, meaning I've never been married, and so I've dated a lot and have a lot of experience in both online and in-person dating. The Sugar Daddy/Sugar Baby relationship is quite common, and I think has been since antiquity.

I think I see where you're coming from in your statements, Progression, but I'm going to put a different perspective on this.

Quote:
Because it is a potentially staggering statistic (anywhere from 1-11, 1-35, 1-50, to 1-100 women within the 18-29 age demo). If true, it throws off all most recent social conventions that were being built over the past century or so which had created great social stability and protected both men and women, such as: marriage, closer age differential between men and women (which reduces the power differential wealthy/experienced/old men had over them), opportunities for dating and marriage/pairing for new generations, etc.
It can also be argued that in the last century society has greatly degenerated, with rampant divorce and abortion, among other things. So this modern society isn't seen as necessarily progress by everyone.

Quote:
You are going to get young women paired with men whom they can't really relate to, using their best years, delaying childbearing (potentially to their own detriment), and reduced capability for pairbonding, on top of looking at relationships as a mere economic transaction. And you are going to get a bunch of depressed young dudes being lonely and screwed over by boomers not only in an economic sense anymore but also in the "dating" scene. It can also be potentially abused by some as a means to loophole prostitution.
You're assuming a lot here. Firstly, people don't necessarily need to have everything, or even a lot, in common in order to build a genuine, solid relationship. They will both have different interests anyway, since they're individuals. But there's much more to it than that. What you might be looking for in a relationship might be very different than what others are looking for. And the age-gap brings a lot to the table for both people, that isn't there in a more mainstream, modern, "socially acceptable" relationship.

There's a saying: women are born wealthy, men are born broke. Meaning, women typically have all the social capital when they are young: they have youth and beauty, vitality, and child-bearing capacity. Men have nothing that are really needed: they don't have any wealth, no experience, no real knowledge or wisdom, or stability. But that reverses as they both age. The young men become more veteran and established, and therefore more marketable and desireable; and the women decline in beauty, health, and fertility. So it makes sense that older men/younger women would be a thing.

Quote:
On top of it, it only took a website less than 10-15 years to accomplish it? With men who do this being in the 50+ y/o bracket and taking in so many young women it takes away some of the women's best years (because of their economic necessity) and it takes away them pairing with men who are closer to their age which results in a new generation of lonelier young people with less mating and marriage/childbearing and future building opportunities?
Ten to fifteen years to accomplish what? Websites (there are multiple) haven't undone anything at all. They've merely given more opportunity for individuals who were inclined that way anyway. They haven't undone anything.

Aside from that, if something has actually been undone, what was it? Was it something real, or really just a social construct or illusion? I would argue that much of any so-called social progress, generally speaking, isn't actually that, but the product of certain agendas being imposed upon society.

Politics and agendas don't change human nature.

Quote:
I am not denying that it's a biological thing (men providers, women wanting security and being provided for). I am saying it potentially sacrifices a lot of the civility that was achieved (and peace, social unity, etc) through the past century in favor of our more basic animalistic instincts using an extremely disparate wealth distribution with older men holding the vast majority of resources in almost every sense.
Again, this is normal, not just some sort of outdated social paradigm. Women look for established, secure men, who have knowledge and wisdom. Men look for youth, health, and fertility. That won't ever change, in my view, nor does it necessarily need to.

But I guess, to answer to basic question, I think it's very common; just not talked about in polite society. And yes, Sugar Daddy/Sugar Baby generally is prostitution, just by another name. (not referring to age-gap relationships in general)
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 04:50 PM   #25
Higgy10

Quote:
Do you think their numbers are legitimate? Because if they are it seems staggering to me that 1 out of 11 women in Canada between 18-29 would have an account there.
i just did a search on it, 80km from wasaga beach theres 1100 female accounts, expand that to 160km and there 10000+
CFX 290
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Old Jul 7, 2019, 05:07 PM   #26
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Quote:
i just did a search on it, 80km from wasaga beach theres 1100 female accounts, expand that to 160km and there 10000+
That is normal as you then encompass GTA
Old Jul 7, 2019, 05:48 PM   #27
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought that this would be a thread about:

I am disappoint.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Pr3tty F1y is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 06:17 PM   #28
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
This isn't new, and it isn't surprising. I've been single my whole life, meaning I've never been married, and so I've dated a lot and have a lot of experience in both online and in-person dating. The Sugar Daddy/Sugar Baby relationship is quite common, and I think has been since antiquity.

I think I see where you're coming from in your statements, Progression, but I'm going to put a different perspective on this.

It can also be argued that in the last century society has greatly degenerated, with rampant divorce and abortion, among other things. So this modern society isn't seen as necessarily progress by everyone.

You're assuming a lot here. Firstly, people don't necessarily need to have everything, or even a lot, in common in order to build a genuine, solid relationship. They will both have different interests anyway, since they're individuals. But there's much more to it than that. What you might be looking for in a relationship might be very different than what others are looking for. And the age-gap brings a lot to the table for both people, that isn't there in a more mainstream, modern, "socially acceptable" relationship.

There's a saying: women are born wealthy, men are born broke. Meaning, women typically have all the social capital when they are young: they have youth and beauty, vitality, and child-bearing capacity. Men have nothing that are really needed: they don't have any wealth, no experience, no real knowledge or wisdom, or stability. But that reverses as they both age. The young men become more veteran and established, and therefore more marketable and desireable; and the women decline in beauty, health, and fertility. So it makes sense that older men/younger women would be a thing.

Ten to fifteen years to accomplish what? Websites (there are multiple) haven't undone anything at all. They've merely given more opportunity for individuals who were inclined that way anyway. They haven't undone anything.

Aside from that, if something has actually been undone, what was it? Was it something real, or really just a social construct or illusion? I would argue that much of any so-called social progress, generally speaking, isn't actually that, but the product of certain agendas being imposed upon society.

Politics and agendas don't change human nature.

Again, this is normal, not just some sort of outdated social paradigm. Women look for established, secure men, who have knowledge and wisdom. Men look for youth, health, and fertility. That won't ever change, in my view, nor does it necessarily need to.

But I guess, to answer to basic question, I think it's very common; just not talked about in polite society. And yes, Sugar Daddy/Sugar Baby generally is prostitution, just by another name. (not referring to age-gap relationships in general)
Thanks for being thorough now let's see if I can answer everything.

Alright so basically I will absolutely conceed that technology, subconsciously (and sometimes consciously) is bringing about our biology/nature pre-social engineering. Tinder brings women to the top 20% of men, SA brings women who like being taken care of and being provided for to men who want company and are wealthy, and/or simply want sex from young attractive women. I agree with you on that completely.

However, even the creator of SA says that there's a correlation between the tuition prices and the number of SB subscribing.

My take on this is that yeah, websites like SA should probably exist but we should make attempts to not promote it as a lifestyle (mostly due to economic necessity) because it can potentially have damaging consecuences. In other words, I think the problem that needs to be solved is the reason for the majority of women who feel like they need to do this which is tuition. I don't believe in utopias but perhaps it could be improved.

If the other 50%-ish percent of women who do it for luxury goods and stuff like that want to do it, then go right ahead. I am fine with that because it is clear that those women are doing it out of their own, unburdened will.

I also agree that there is absolutely value in younger women dating older men. I think society has disuaded it (and perhaps for good reason, I'm not sure) because there is a transitioning of the torch to the younger generations and because it creates stronger family ties and it favors the upbringing of children. I do think the taboo perhaps should go away but I still don't think it should necessarily be actively encouraged.

It's rather similar to abortions, 1-2% of abortions are due to rape, the rest vary from economic necessity, inconvenience, etc. I think abortions are an unfortunate necessity and need to exist. However, I also believe they shouldn't be promoted as a lifestyle as a lot of media seems to be doing nowadays. A lot of people seem to treat abortion as a "woopsie" to contraceptives. This, in my opinion (and perhaps some of you may consider it old-school or prudish, which is fine) erodes human value.

*By the way I don't think all SB/SD relationships are at the detriment of people. I think there can be genuine value in some of them. I can see how that could be the case.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 7, 2019, 06:18 PM   #29
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Quote:
That is normal as you then encompass GTA
Ok that radius seems to basically include Toronto, Hamilton, Kitchener and other high pop areas. I'm thinking 6.5-7.5 million people. 10k spread throughout that area is basically 20k (assuming it scales proportionally) for all of Ontario. It is far less than the near 100k for Ontario the initial chart I had, showed. It's 1 in 350 women and if 18-29 demographic of women is about ~20% of the population then it's about 1 in 70 women. Right inbetwen 1-100 from UBC and 1 in 40 from UoT.

As MasterGoa said, 1100 at 80k and around 10 thousand at 160k would explain the inclusion of Toronto and nearby cities.

So the numbers, although very meaningful, are far fewer than that chart would lead to presume.

There's a chance there are deleted profiles though.

Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 7, 2019, 06:23 PM   #30
blackberryphone
Radeon R300

blackberryphone is still being judged by the masses

It's not true they are trying to troll you. Women are princesses holding out for true love. Just keep working on your post count and show how loyal you are sticking with amd hardware. The worthy will find each other.