Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 23, 2019, 09:46 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Terminator: Dark Fate

MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 10:09 AM   #2
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

CGI crapfest with floaty weightless terminators, hard pass.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 10:22 AM   #3
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Seems like its taking every sequal after 2, merging them all together (after judgement day, cyborg protector, aging terminator since Arnie is apparently still a T800 terminator) and spitting out something where James Cameron can say "see, this is how you make all your ideas work and possibly be good"
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 23, 2019, 10:44 AM   #4
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

"Producer James Cameron Returns" is all that matters to me, and the fact its going to ignore all movies after T2 doesn't hurt either.

Will be seeing by default, hopefully its good.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 10:49 AM   #5
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSt View Post
how about a reboot with new actors and a new twist on the original?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 10:57 AM   #6
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

NO reboot thanks. Bad trailer but JC being producer could help out. Not that GDT producer on Pacific Rim 2 helped. It could be a bad trailer/good movie vs good trailer/bad movie. Lots of that lately.

And Deadpool was awesome.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 11:03 AM   #7
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
how about a reboot with new actors and a new twist on the original?
Most people who want another terminator want to see the future war play out, and not a reboot.
None of the previous reboot/sequals did a good job leading up to that.

T3 set it up to get there, but it was just a parody of T2 and not taken seriously.
Salvation was supposed to lead up to the major war but it was a boring "day in the life of John connor" story.
Genisys though "well the whole thing is completely fubared, so we must to a 'time travel reboot' that completely changes things so they don't muck up the original timeline. They ended up giving us something nobody wanted.... but they DID show the end of the future war which was somewhat promising.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 11:15 AM   #8
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Most people who want another terminator want to see the future war play out, and not a reboot.
would disagree, after T2 the whole series has been really boring and stale, they keep rehashing the same scenario with different machines... I would like to see the original redone with great CGI, a huge budget and great actors... but don't make the story exactly the same, add some twists and make it better, like the way they did BSG new vs. old...

not sure who would be good for Arnold's terminator role?

V
Old May 23, 2019, 11:50 AM   #9
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
I would like to see the original redone with great CGI, a huge budget and great actors... but don't make the story exactly the same, add some twists and make it better, like the way they did BSG new vs. old...
We saw the first 5 minutes of T1 redone, did you like it?
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 11:56 AM   #10
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSt View Post
We saw the first 5 minutes of T1 redone, did you like it?
Old May 23, 2019, 11:59 AM   #11
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

No nukes go off that I saw. 1/10 would not bang.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 12:36 PM   #12
huskylord
King of Denmark

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Nothing we haven't already seen.
Old May 23, 2019, 01:11 PM   #13
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Looks pretty sweet to me. Less cartoonish than Genisys. I love that they're going to keep throwing Arnold in until he dies.

Actually I kindof liked Genisys... ok ok it was crappy, but in a fun way I think.

honestly the Arnold movie I'm most looking forward to is Kung Fury 2.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 01:16 PM   #14
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Looks like a Terminator movie... Not something I'll head out to the theater for, but will check it out when it hits digital.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 04:09 PM   #15
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Jesus Christ she's old. Certainly didn't age well like Sigourney Weaver did, I'd still pickle that.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 04:17 PM   #16
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
JI'd still pickle that.
She's already been pickled!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 04:32 PM   #17
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
She's already been pickled!
More like you could ferment pickles in her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 08:01 PM   #18
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Some people are too critical.

They have a pumped up opinion of themselves.

Will watch.
Old May 23, 2019, 09:40 PM   #19
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
CGI crapfest
So you didn't like T2 then?

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 09:46 PM   #20
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Arnold posting this trailer on reddit this morning and then responding to people regarding the movie and other stuff was just too precious. what an absolute god.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 10:38 PM   #21
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
None of the previous reboot/sequals did a good job leading up to that.

T3 set it up to get there, but it was just a parody of T2 and not taken seriously.
Salvation was supposed to lead up to the major war but it was a boring "day in the life of John connor" story.
Genisys though "well the whole thing is completely fubared, so we must to a 'time travel reboot' that completely changes things so they don't muck up the original timeline. They ended up giving us something nobody wanted.... but they DID show the end of the future war which was somewhat promising.
T3 wasn't bad, it was just mediocre, and in being so it took away from T2 which actually managed to include a few deep ideas for an action movie based on a killer robot. Unfortunately, that line of movies was destroyed by Salvation being a total load of ****. Christian Bale was a bad choice to play John Connor, and the overall story was even worse. Not even sure what the hell they were smoking with Salvation...

I actually liked Genisys, so I'm sort of sad they're rebooting again. However James Cameron being involved does give me some hope. Now it's only too bad that Cameron didn't do Prometheus instead of Ridley Scott.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 10:46 PM   #22
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I have a soft spot in my heart for T3 because they didn't take themselves seriously. It is pretty much impossible to follow up on of the best action movies of all time, T2, with a serious effort, so they made it lighter, and I commend them for it.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 10:54 PM   #23
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This one looks like hot garbage.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 11:17 PM   #24
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I have a soft spot in my heart for T3 because they didn't take themselves seriously. It is pretty much impossible to follow up on of the best action movies of all time, T2, with a serious effort, so they made it lighter, and I commend them for it.
While I dont care that this film ignores Genisys or Salvation (that one could have been saved by a harder R script and cast). I do hope they kind of follow up on T3. Even if Sarah Connor being dead in T3 is just a floop of her going underground (the casket WAS empty).

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2019, 12:01 AM   #25
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

I remember going to see T3 twice on back-to-back nights with a buddy who was also loved T2. It was okay. I remember both of us were pretty bored during the second viewing. But the last act of it we were both into it. So that's what stuck with me - that it ended really well.

I barely remember Salvation.

Genesys I thought was okay. I don't understand why they decided to completely give away the twist in the trailer.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2019, 08:19 AM   #26
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
So you didn't like T2 then?
T2 was fantastic. The terminators here were dreadful/methodical. T1000 stalked his pretty, had a face of pure terror, and had many moments of **** ups due to physical world not working in conjunction to his liquid tech. The action never felt so grand where it was borderline impossible.

In this crapfest the terminators have 0 weight, doing nina backflips and thrown around like plastic ragdolls, and crashing jets in grander than life moment.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2019, 08:49 AM   #27
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

other than it's looking so meh and not a fan of the franchise, is that this Terminator was a Ghost Rider
Old May 24, 2019, 10:10 AM   #28
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not sure why everyone has such a shiney memory of T2 with the whiny little 8itch of a kid crying all the time and telling his terminator he can't kill any one. He is the freaking Terminator man and we get this SJW moment where he has to swear he will not kill any one to give us all the feels? Yes it had great action but I have seen great action in many movies and I did not have to put up with a crybaby kid that could hardly act with magic hacking powers stealing and treating the people that were protecting him badly and getting them killed. Yay this moron kid is John Conner the future hero of man kid watch him cry, whine and not want to fight cause he is a mamas boy.

Show me more T800 and less kid!! The T1 and the Abyss much better movies because.... no kid
Old May 24, 2019, 10:25 AM   #29
huskylord
King of Denmark

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again T1>T2

As Athena says it, alot of people ignore the added cheese and sappiness of T2.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:46 AM   #30
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Not sure why everyone has such a shiney memory of T2 with the whiny little 8itch of a kid crying all the time and telling his terminator he can't kill any one. He is the freaking Terminator man and we get this SJW moment where he has to swear he will not kill any one to give us all the feels? Yes it had great action but I have seen great action in many movies and I did not have to put up with a crybaby kid that could hardly act with magic hacking powers stealing and treating the people that were protecting him badly and getting them killed. Yay this moron kid is John Conner the future hero of man kid watch him cry, whine and not want to fight cause he is a mamas boy.

Show me more T800 and less kid!! The T1 and the Abyss much better movies because.... no kid
SJW moment? Eh, I don't see it that way. They were simply trying to make a T-800 character with the moral high ground for story purposes.

It was a plot device to flip the script from the first film and make the Terminator a father figure and role model for young John who's father was killed by the original T-800. I thought it was quite clever actually. Sure, they could have gone more dark with it and allowed it to kill, but I think overall what they did was a better move in showing the contrast between humans with a conscience and the machines that were cold and calculated.

That said, I actually do happen to also like T1 more. But they are both incredible films.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote