Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:46 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thumbs up The Witcher TV series

With Henry Cavil
https://io9.gizmodo.com/henry-cavill...ral-1828798390

I hope they can pull this off.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:57 AM   #2
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Gal Gadot would be a better Geralt than Cavill

No, I just can't see it.

A major film studio with all it's resources and $350mil to do a 2 hour film, sure. Not a TV series with a guy who doesn't fit the part at all. Nope.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 07:12 PM   #3
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Superman is gonna have lots of sex. And lots of it. Sex.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 4, 2018, 07:32 PM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Terrible casting for Geralt...
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2018, 08:53 PM   #5
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I will wait for the pilot to make my judgment but there's one thing, i don't know if is good or not that the TV series will be based on the books and not the games. My first contact with the witcher world, was the games and i never read any of the books so, i don't really know what to expect, to those that read the books how faithful are the games?
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2018, 09:38 PM   #6
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The guy is a true fan of the games, so I have no doubt that he will put the effort into the role. I no longer dismiss casting choices anymore ever since I did that when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2018, 03:17 AM   #7
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

he's not gritty enough for this role, but well, maybe he manages to surprise us all. We'll see, i guess.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:24 AM   #8
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

More concerned than cool at this point.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:09 AM   #9
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
The guy is a true fan of the games, so I have no doubt that he will put the effort into the role. I no longer dismiss casting choices anymore ever since I did that when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker.
Though, he was lightning in a bottle... something that doesn't happen much, so I understand the concern.

If he's a fan, it may be a good thing, especially if he can get into some sort of producing role on it (which I think he could, considering his current status as an actor) he could do some stuff like Ryan Reynolds has done with Deadpool... or not, who knows.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:16 AM   #10
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Meh, with good enough make up and wadrobe he could probably do it. I don't think playing Geralt takes any superb or unique acting skills. He's pretty bland actually in how he talks and acts.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:51 AM   #11
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

at people criticizing Henry Cavil.

If this no name can play Geralt (rather well), so can Henry....he is a well credited "actor" after all.

But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:32 PM   #12
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Meh, with good enough make up and wadrobe he could probably do it. I don't think playing Geralt takes any superb or unique acting skills. He's pretty bland actually in how he talks and acts.
They should have cast Jason Statham then He would have been a better fit. It isn't about how skilled the guy is. It's about being able to project a "believable" character. With Geralt, it's all about the bad ass look. One look at him and you know he isn't someone you want to tangle with. All I'll see with Cavil is Smallville lol.

Meh, he might pull it off. Like Arioch said, didn't think Ledger could be a convincing joker either, and I was never more wrong about an actor's ability.

We'll see
Old Sep 5, 2018, 05:52 PM   #13
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
at people criticizing Henry Cavil.

If this no name can play Geralt (rather well), so can Henry....he is a well credited "actor" after all.

Cavill cant ****ing act dude. He has one style and when he tries to force it, he fails. Just look at Justice League when they resurrect him and he asks Batermang xo you bleed?

Cringe worthy acting.

Even worse in Mission Scientology.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2018, 09:07 PM   #14
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

He could be okay, can probably do unemotional so yea.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:19 AM   #15
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

So the casting call for Ciri was put out there. They are preferring to have a 13-14 year old girl that is black, Asian, or other non white minorities.

People seem to be up in arms about this.

For myself I really do not care. The race of the characters actually didn't matter for the world, it really didn't matter what color skin they had.

I honestly don't blame them for having some diversity, since in the books everyone was white, but it really doesn't matter to the storyline nor the fictional world for everyone to be white, cause that kind of race distinction wasn't important. If they turn Triss or Yennefer into an Elf or dwarf, then that would be something to get upset over, but having Ciri as a non white character when her race doesn't even matter in the books isn't a big deal at all.

The most important thing is whether the show is enjoyable to watch or not.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:35 AM   #16
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Whatever nationality they make her, they'd need to make all Nilfgaardian that same race to match. So it would be interesting because they are informally known as the "Black ones."

Sounds like diversity for diversity sake, which is unsurprising in the modern world.

Picking a non-white actress will cause a **** storm though, and she will probably be subject to more abuse than Kelly Marie Tran got from star wars fans. The abuse will likely go to the showrunners and another others involved.

Lauren S. Hissrich has been chill on twitter so far, joking with people who are throwing abuse. But I think things will take a dark turn if the rumors are true.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 07:06 AM   #17
Lazy8s
One day at a time

It doesn't matter. I'll wager they gear this show towards 'tweens, just like they did Sword Of Shannara. I won't make it through the first half of the first episode.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 07:16 AM   #18
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
It doesn't matter. I'll wager they gear this show towards 'tweens, just like they did Sword Of Shannara. I won't make it through the first half of the first episode.
That's my fear as well. Shannara was horrible for that reason (plus terrible acting). I gave it two episodes before I shelved it. I loved the books, though.

The Witcher world is a pretty dark place. I can't imagine it translating to the small screen well, but Netflix has a decent track record so I'm cautiously optimistic. Now if it was Fox or the CW network...I'd say pass right now.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2018, 08:04 AM   #19
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Ya that show was an utter tradegy. Terry sold his soul on that one
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:48 AM   #20
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

a 13 year old Ciri will still be in training. This is going to suck.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2018, 01:16 PM   #21
aop
Radeon Caribbean Islands

aop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete stranger

aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2018, 02:16 PM   #22
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
a 13 year old Ciri will still be in training. This is going to suck.
That is because the storyline is from the book story lines and she was still a teenager when Geralt died.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2018, 08:58 PM   #23
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Latest rumor is that they're casting a white girl for Ciri.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:00 PM   #24
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

How are they going to do 13 year olds with all the violence and skin Netflix is going to want in this show? Bad enough we are going to have to see Cavil's butt ever other episode. I still have some hope, but Netflix loves them some skin.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 01:24 PM   #25
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Uh oh, someone's going to be outraged. The beginning of the end of the series before it's even started is the sjw way...
Old Sep 13, 2018, 01:25 PM   #26
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2018, 03:16 PM   #27
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

No bill dammit just no

Cara Delevingne gets my vote.

Old Sep 13, 2018, 03:31 PM   #28
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Seems it will be based more on the books and less on the game. As I know nothing about the books and have only played the 1st two in the game series that means I know even less what the TV show will be about now.
But here is a good write up : https://www.yahoo.com/news/witcher-n...083926451.html
Old Sep 13, 2018, 04:19 PM   #29
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

sheesh, what happened to her eyebrows...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2018, 04:25 PM   #30
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
No bill dammit just no

wow those eyebrows is that cavemanjim's kid ?

I would go with red

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote