Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 21, 2019, 11:57 PM   #3541
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Im now afraid D&B will run thru their SW trilogy in the same way. Good first 2 films then fubared third as they get promised some other gig like a run at a slew of Marvel flicks...

Actually, Star Wars movies seem like they would be pretty much perfect for what D&D ended up doing in the final two seasons. It's relatively light on plot. There's some mythology, but it's not that important. And it's mostly just a bunch of action set pieces.

And to be fair, what we got wasn't a horrible piece of ****. It was still entertaining and far better than most TV shows. However, in comparison to the bar they set earlier in the series, it was a horrible piece of ****. And that's where the massive disappointment comes from.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 06:02 AM   #3542
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
So, David Benioff and D B Weiss made millions of dollars being the writers of GoT. They used George RR Martins books as inspiration for the show. They didn't go word for word from them. Benioff and Weiss made that choice to move away from the books early on in the show. They picked parts of the books that they thought fit well with TV and moved forward leaving out a lot of the books.

Fast forward to season 7 and the wheels start to fall off the bus when they couldn't write enough to fill a 10 episode season. Remember that they had TONS of material that they could have used but didn't. And they still couldn't fill up 10 hours of material for a season.

Season 8 took 2 years to write and film. We got 6 out of 10 episodes. 5 if you drop out the Battle of Winterfell that was so dark that most fans couldn't even watch. And it ended horribly. Not because one guy didn't get the throne or another did. Nope. It ended horribly because it felt like it was written by a 11th grader for a school project. I take that back. That's a disservice to 11th graders. It really felt like it was written by someone that had never read or seen an episode before. The inconsistencies in the plots and storytelling were as abysmal as the characters dialogues.

As for the "There was no winning over the GOT geeks.". Yes there is. Just write the stories better. Make the dialog better. Make the characters act in a consistent manner. Throwing a plot twist in just to have a plot twist is disingenuous. All along characters in GoT have meet bad fates for their decisions that lead them to that point. That is why us geeks watch the show. Now, in the final season, those rules are tossed out the window. Now there are no reasons that things happen. There is just scenes that have no setup and have HUGE plot holes. For example, Jon Snow gets tossed in jail for killing Dany when it was just him, her, and Drogon there. Drogon took Dany off. How did they know Jon killed Dany? Why didn't Grey Worm kill Jon when he found out that he killed Dany? Why didn't Jon just walk out and say that Dany flew off with Drogon? Who sat up the council? Why did Grey Worm decide to listen to them? Why does a prisoner get to decide who the next king is? Why does Bran sound like Ferb from Phineas and Ferb all the damn time?

These things need answers and the writers were too shitty to do a good job answering them. That's why I'm pissed.
Listen to yourself, its a ****ing television show. Get your life together.
Old May 22, 2019, 09:24 AM   #3543
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 22, 2019, 11:18 AM   #3544
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
The show had set a high bar for detail, character development, and good stories in previous seasons. In the last season the show went to **** because it abandoned those things.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 12:15 PM   #3545
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Overall, I think season 8 kindof sucked. When they said they needed to take 2 years to make it because it was SOOOO complex, I really thought this season would be amazingly dense, but instead each episode was very slow & simple, with tons of slow motion & frankly filler. Did we really need to watch Tyrion pick up bricks for 15 minutes? Was there really nothing else they could have spent that time on?
Not only that, but this was the only season of GOT that was predictable. GOT had a history of being unpredictable, never knowing who was going to die and when and never knowing where the story was going to go.

This season I could easily tell when a character was going to die (the moment Jaime said he had to go back to his sister, I knew he was dead). I could see Dany going insane before she did. I knew once she did, Jon was going to kill her. I figured Bran would be sitting on the throne once the Night King gave him that stare (though I didn't predict a prisoner tyrian would nominate him as that was too lame to even contemplate). And what the hell is the Night's Watch for now? White walkers are gone, what are they watching? Did they forget that massive hole the undead dragon blew into the wall? It's like they just need a place to toss Jon so they put him in a now defunct facility.

This was supposed to be the best of the seasons ever, instead it was probably the biggest let down in TV history in terms of a good show going bad, even worse than Dexter's last season. I'm still disappointed that in White Walkers that were built up for 7 years ended in an episode where you couldn't even see what was happening, and then Arya just *boops* the night king and it's all over...really? The great threat over in a single night?

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 07:23 PM   #3546
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Too many entitled cuckhold critics who know best is my opinion.

They didn't have "THE WRITER", so what was the alternative? wait 4 years for a guy that writes two pages a day at best? Imagine the outrage from the fans then.

There was no winning over the GOT geeks. And don't get me wrong I was underwhelmed and the mistreatment of the story arcs was ****ed but not as bad as critics are portraying.

Quote:

"Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
If anything there's just still too many guilible people in the fanbase willing to accept this garbage star wars disney/Kennedy edition."

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxcT6LEVzk Disney Star Wars SUCKS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 09:29 PM   #3547
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Kal Drogo did not approve:

https://guacamoley.com/celebri-tea/2...he-was-pissed/

Quote:
Soooo… yeah… Momoa had a lot of the same questions the rest of us had. Mainly: Why would you go back to the same system you spent eight seasons fighting against in the first place?! Frustrated, Momoa grumbles “we’re gonna go to the bars and we’re gonna get in a fight.” (Don’t worry. It didn’t happen… but we totally get those feels, Momoa.)
lol

Wonder what he thought of Khaleesi going all genocidal tho...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 09:58 PM   #3548
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

As long as the dragon queen died I thought the ending would be good. So she died and hence the ending was good. She was the most annoying character in the whole series.

Jon Snow was really bad this season though. His love for her was misplaced. Now he gonna go back and do what he does best. **** a wildling in the snow. Then cry about it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 10:18 PM   #3549
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

You know, They Live would be an AWESOME series.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 01:05 PM   #3550
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Ok, so I've rewritten the finale. Here it goes:

Jon Snow has just killed Daenerys, and the dragon is creeping up closer and closer. The dragon opens its mouth and blows fire all over Jon Snow... who we now discover to be fireproof! Jon is now standing buck naked, the only thing blocking our view of his crotch is a Starbucks coffee cup left on a short table. Credits roll.

What do you think?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 01:51 PM   #3551
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I don't think this has been posted yet, so forgive me if it has:

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 02:25 PM   #3552
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I don't think this has been posted yet, so forgive me if it has:

Needed more swearing and boobies

But I guess it reaches out GOT to a new target market
Old May 23, 2019, 07:42 PM   #3553
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
As long as the dragon queen died I thought the ending would be good. So she died and hence the ending was good. She was the most annoying character in the whole series.

Jon Snow was really bad this season though. His love for her was misplaced. Now he gonna go back and do what he does best. **** a wildling in the snow. Then cry about it.
The problem is not that Daenerys got killed off... the problem is the logic in the story per scene per episode per season... a lot of contradictions, horrible writing, "they forgot stuff", smart characters turn dumb for zero reason, a character with a sight advantage like Daenerys up in the air with the dragons simply cannot see an entire fleet of ships on the sea because they were hiding behind a rock... and D and D the producers/writers actually said that "Daenerys forgot about the Iron Fleet' which even in a fantasy world where everyone is trying to kill you and you are going closer to the enemy area that you simply drop your guard and act like you can just walk by a firing squad that could possibly be there but according to the writers are forgotten and hiding behind a rock... a CRACK ROCK that is... cause that's the mentality of whoever was writing this poo poo plate.

That video actually has GRRM getting questioned and Drogo/Aquaman actor having reactions... and he was paid and gets paid royalties because subscriptions and Blu Ray sales... and probably likeness being used in videogames too.

Also the men in GoT show are portrayed as emotional dumb children, they act like bitches and the biggest captain bitch is Jon Snow... being useless at fighting against other swordsmen and the white walkers, being useless at killing the dead dragon, being a traitor several times who cannot keep his vows and will easily betray you, not simply backstab but pretend hug then stab your arse... that is a horrible character...

Also everyone seems to forget how evil the Lannisters were... ALL OF THEM... so Daenerys was in FACT justified in burning King's Landing to the ground with everyone in it but the way the writers chose to portray things and set things up was just beyond dumber than dumb... and those guys are getting a big secure salary. What do you think would happen to a guy doing a hack job at

If anything there's just still too many guilible people in the fanbase willing to accept this garbage star wars disney/Kennedy edition."

Last edited by Akumajo : May 29, 2019 at 11:42 PM.
Old May 25, 2019, 05:08 AM   #3554
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2019, 12:20 PM   #3555
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2_wYpoYQms&t=25s

One week later and for whatever reason it is so idiotic that I cannot directly link the yt video.

Season 8 recap.

Bonus round old 2017 video way before the Night King Arya fiasco:

Damage control: aka please don't stop buying my books

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9WqZK2kU6o&t=212s

Last edited by Akumajo : May 31, 2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 03:29 PM   #3556
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:24 PM   #3557
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why this Herrington went to rehab?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 04:09 AM   #3558
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Game of Stock Footage.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2019, 07:53 PM   #3559
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

You know upon rewatching Game of Thrones I realized that we are being made to admire the murderers and traitors or also basically Nazis in the Lannisters... Jon Snow is a traitor who switches sides when it suits him and cannot make his own decisions as a man... only when it suits him... then he is easily influenced (in many occasions) by any character who tells him what to do...

So why the hell do you think he is a hero character? he is not and never was... he was always a traitor and the show portrayed him in a way to make us admire him like he was.

Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:47 PM   #3560
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Rewatching? Really? Pretty much the most basic aspect of the show is that there are no good guys or bad guys. pretty much everyone does things that a bad guy would do in a traditional movie, and pretty much everyone has an aspect to them that we may admire or empathize with.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:43 PM   #3561
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

We are made to admire the Lannisters? I think they're as close to evil as any family gets on the show. Tyrion is the only one that's likeable in the beginning.

How is Jon Snow a traitor? He's been told a lot of things his whole life. How he's just a bastard and doesn't really deserve to amount to anything. And wasn't raised with any expectation that he'd be a leader. He's told that the Night's Watch is an ancient and noble order and the Wildlings are savages. He gets there and realizes it was all lies. And he eventually gets to see and learn more about the world and learn about the Wildlings and sees things from their perspective and even agrees with their way of life. But he still sticks with his duty - he doesn't leave the Night's Watch when Ned and Robb are killed. He doesn't leave the Night's Watch even though it means hurting Ygritte. Eventually he sees that the true threat is the dead against all the living. And his vows are protect the realms of men.

He's more like Ned than any character. He does his duty. And his duty and honor force him to do things that are stupid or that make other people dislike him and even kill him. It's more like what Cersei says to Ned, 'you're just a soldier'.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 07:26 PM   #3562
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Watching the final season now. I'm thinking that reading the spoilers will make the show better for me. Knowing the outcome will allow me to know the the writers final vision and piece together the narrative better(as the writers intended).
Old Jul 14, 2019, 07:40 PM   #3563
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

the final season is a COMPLETE dumpster fire. no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 08:10 PM   #3564
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

boobies in ep 1