Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:02 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I enjoyed it but it's probably the weakest of the three seasons.

To me the cast felt too big, which is strange given it's probably not much bigger than previous seasons. Splitting them up into groups was just annoying. It would have been okay to swap people between groups, but that wasn't the case. They only really meet up at the end .... and then split apart again. The mayor was underused. The science teacher used once. The arnie russian guy was meh.

My issue, largely, is that it wasn't really personal. First season was about getting Will back. Second was about Will seeing visions and El getting used to living as a normal girl. Third is about Russians building a base in a mall and a meat monster tries to kill everybody. No school scenes. Not much home life scenes. The hanging out scenes (dnd) were always interrupted with something else. I was as frustrated as Will when he was trying to play dnd.

The other lame aspect was the fact that it didn't really have any upside-down world. I'm guessing they're saving it for next season but that would have been a nice thing to see people explore it or have other things come out of it.

Half of the scenes with El featured her in a blindfold trying to find somebody. BORING.

Erica was annoying, so was Dustin. In fact, by in large just about all the characters were less likeable than previous seasons. Robin and Alexei were good additions, but they can't save the season. At least the Mind Flayer visuals were

S1 - 9/10
S2 - 8/10 (ignoring the seventh episode abomination)
S3 - 7/10
Good summary. I think I feel the same for just about everything you said.

Only exception would be I didn't mind them splitting up. It gives the ability to add an additional plot line going at the same time. This in theory is a good thing to make the show more interesting, so long as its done well. I recall for the first 3-4 episodes I was enjoying the Dustin, Steve, Robin plot line much more than the other kids though. Trying to figure out the code and then the lead up to discovering the Russian base was probably the most interesting part of the season for me.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:37 AM   #32
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
I'm thinking both, actually.

explosion pushed him into the upside down.

fast forward maybe 5 years, and the Russians actually manage to get one of the devices to work on their home soil. They open a portal and extract a Demogorgon + Hopper.

Interesting...

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2019, 05:18 PM   #33
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Just finished this season and it's spooky how much I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I enjoyed it but it's probably the weakest of the three seasons.
Ye

Quote:
To me the cast felt too big, which is strange given it's probably not much bigger than previous seasons. Splitting them up into groups was just annoying. It would have been okay to swap people between groups, but that wasn't the case.
It wasn't big, but I think it just felt big because the story was bullcrap at including all of them at the same time. It's like we were watching 3 or 4 different TV shows at once...

Quote:
My issue, largely, is that it wasn't really personal.
Bingo. Also WAAAY too many bright lights/neon aesthetic. I get what they were going for but it doesn't help with a creepy mood. And like you said, no home life. They had barely any home scenes in the whole season. Remember how in Season 1 they would build to so much stuff at homes where people are either alone or in pairs....

The soundtracks were seriously VERY distracting and just SO lame. And in the first 3 or 4 episodes there are like 3 or more classic rock songs every episode. Not quite suicide squad levels of awful, where there's a new ACDC or Queen song every 10 mins, but close.

Quote:
The other lame aspect was the fact that it didn't really have any upside-down world. I'm guessing they're saving it for next season but that would have been a nice thing to see people explore it or have other things come out of it.
Even if they did, that alone wouldn't save it imo.

Quote:
S1 - 9/10
S2 - 8/10 (ignoring the seventh episode abomination)
S3 - 7/10
I'd even put season 3 as a 6/10
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad