Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 14, 2021, 04:54 PM   #361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Paging Dr. Dennison... Paging Dr. Dennison..

6900 nitro+ is still available as of the time of this writing. $1,309.16 plus whatever it would cost to ship out to you. I am making -0- profit on that.

PM me if you want it, can ship out on the 23rd when I get home.
sorry no thanks
you not getting a good OC on it has scared me off 6900's .

that and that the extra 8 cu don't do all that much over the 6800 xt

so i may get a 6800 Strix latter or wait for next gen
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 05:29 PM   #362
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
sorry no thanks
you not getting a good OC on it has scared me off 6900's .

that and that the extra 8 cu don't do all that much over the 6800 xt

so i may get a 6800 Strix latter or wait for next gen
Bill the 3080/3090 and 6800/XT don't O/C well either. That's just how it is I'm afraid. Every gen you jump on the AMD hype train and when it finally launches you come up with numerous reasons why you can't buy it. Remember no compromises no regrets just do it. We ain't getting younger my friend. No offence intended BTW just my personal opinion.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 05:58 PM   #363
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Bill the 3080/3090 and 6800/XT don't O/C well either. That's just how it is I'm afraid. Every gen you jump on the AMD hype train and when it finally launches you come up with numerous reasons why you can't buy it. Remember no compromises no regrets just do it. We ain't getting younger my friend. No offence intended BTW just my personal opinion.

10 FPS at 4k is not a bad oc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DIJ...ature=emb_logo

i would buy the 6800 xt strix
or maybe a 3080 strix

but not a 3090 or 6900 xt at this point they are just not worth the extra cash

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 15, 2021 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 15, 2021, 06:26 PM   #364
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

[quote=bill dennison;1338261326]

Bill you do realise that card costs $1,079 on the Asus site which is $430 over MSRP. Nice. That's 66% for LC which is in scalper territory. I paid 10% over MSRP for an AIB card which I thought was reasonable.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Jan 15, 2021, 06:50 PM   #365
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:

Bill you do realise that card costs $1,079 on the Asus site which is $430 over MSRP. Nice. That's 66% for LC which is in scalper territory. I paid 10% over MSRP for an AIB card which I thought was reasonable.

that cards MSRP is 1,079

the stock amd reference card is 649 but a water cooled card does cost more and one with a upgraded card even more
i don't buy reference cards anymore .

the 3080 strix is 930 and not water
and that does not make it 230 over MSRP

https://store.asus.com/us/item/20201...-Graphics-Card
and i would add a 180.00 ek waterblock to that so that makes it 1110.00 so they are about the same

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 15, 2021 at 07:04 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 07:05 PM   #366
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:

that cards MSRP is 1,079

the stock amd reference card is 649 but a water cooled card does cost more and one with a upgraded card even more
i don't buy reference cards anymore .

the 3080 strix is 930 and not water
and that does not make it 230 over MSRP

https://store.asus.com/us/item/20201...-Graphics-Card
Bill the 3080 MSRP is $699. At $930 that makes it 33% over MSRP. Is it 33% better than the FE? Don't think so. Sort your maths out
Old Jan 15, 2021, 07:08 PM   #367
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

[quote=LordHawkwind;1338261331]
Quote:

Bill forgot to mention where is the 2080ti on that slide?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 07:16 PM   #368
bill dennison
Banned

[quote=LordHawkwind;1338261340]
Quote:

Bill forgot to mention where is the 2080ti on that slide?
watch the video
Old Jan 15, 2021, 07:18 PM   #369
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
Bill the 3080 MSRP is $699. At $930 that makes it 33% over MSRP. Is it 33% better than the FE? Don't think so. Sort your maths out
you need pull on your ears to you hear a pop

they are not the same card
Old Jan 15, 2021, 09:28 PM   #370
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Alright people, getting the thread back on topic!

I am happy to report that, AFAIK, I am the first of this thread to get a card from a member(thanks acroig!) And the system does work

Acroig was quick enough on the draw to snap up a 3080 from Best Buy and I was able to get it from him.

The proofs ..the rare and elusive 3080 in its natural habitat:

The best thing about the 3080 is HDMI 2.1. 4k120 444 10bit is just

I will definitely pay it forward if I come across a 3080. I am still in the hunt for a 5900x.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 09:32 PM   #371
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Alright people, getting the thread back on topic!

I am happy to report that, AFAIK, I am the first of this thread to get a card from a member(thanks acroig!) And the system does work

Acroig was quick enough on the draw to snap up a 3080 from Best Buy and I was able to get it from him.

The proofs ..the rare and elusive 3080 in its natural habitat:

The best thing about the 3080 is HDMI 2.1. 4k120 444 10bit is just

I will definitely pay it forward if I come across a 3080. I am still in the hunt for a 5900x.
Wow, the FE looks great. I'm afraid you're not the first to get a card from a Rager as Greasy and I got our 3080s thanks to Nascar. Enjoy!!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 09:34 PM   #372
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Wow, the FE looks great. I'm afraid you're not the first to get a card from a Rager as Greasy and I got our 3080s thanks to Nascar. Enjoy!!

Third then

Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:03 PM   #373
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Third then
But first with a 3080 FE I believe.

yoz
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:04 PM   #374
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Yay! I love happy endings.

That FE card does look good. Enjoy!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:25 PM   #375
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nice, enjoy!
Now according to my poll, we only need about 19 more 3080s for a complete happy Rage.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:36 PM   #376
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Noice, all hail the acroig!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:40 PM   #377
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
MNB was first to get a 3090 from me.
4th.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:00 PM   #378
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Noice, all hail the acroig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
MNB was first to get a 3090 from me.
4th.
Hail to those that have made it possible for members to get these hard to find cards.

yoz
Old Jan 19, 2021, 01:59 PM   #379
Cream
Radeon R700

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Buckled and got an RTX3090 :-)
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / 1TB SSD 860 evo / 2TB SSD 870 QVO / 2X 1TB SSD 870 QVO, 2TB hybrid drive storage drive,
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2021, 02:28 PM   #380
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post

That should be more like a sad face, Nvidia has swindled more money out of you.

Old Jan 19, 2021, 02:40 PM   #381
Cream
Radeon R700

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
That should be more like a sad face, Nvidia has swindled more money out of you.
I worked on £1600 for a RTX 3090, or £1200+ for a RTX3080 any time this side of summer.
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / 1TB SSD 860 evo / 2TB SSD 870 QVO / 2X 1TB SSD 870 QVO, 2TB hybrid drive storage drive,
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 02:49 PM   #382
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Congrats and enjoy.

yoz
Old Jan 19, 2021, 02:59 PM   #383
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Sweeet, enjoy!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2021, 04:25 PM   #384
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Welcome to the RTX3090 club Cream. Which one did you get and from which retailer. I got mine from AWD-IT. You won't regret it just forget how much you paid and enjoy it. Did you manage to get COD CW for free as well?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 05:36 PM   #385
Cream
Radeon R700

Quote:
Welcome to the RTX3090 club Cream. Which one did you get and from which retailer. I got mine from AWD-IT. You won't regret it just forget how much you paid and enjoy it. Did you manage to get COD CW for free as well?

Got the FE version, I found it on facebook, but it turned out to be someone I went to school with 34 years ago LOL.

He got it on the 14th, it was unused and still sealed. Paid a £200 premium, but decided that was better than paying a £500 premium for a RTX3080.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 06:22 PM   #386
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Got the FE version, I found it on facebook, but it turned out to be someone I went to school with 34 years ago LOL.

He got it on the 14th, it was unused and still sealed. Paid a £200 premium, but decided that was better than paying a £500 premium for a RTX3080.
Solid, enjoy and don't look back.

yoz
Old Jan 19, 2021, 11:31 PM   #387
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Anyone with a 3090 around 1500 mark. Hit me.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 11:43 PM   #388
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Anyone with a 3090 around 1500 mark. Hit me.
That ship sailed, you missed it.

yoz
Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:25 AM   #389
KAC

Quote:
That ship sailed, you missed it.
Don't be like that. Find me a new one.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 09:05 AM   #390
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Don't be like that. Find me a new one.
Nope, I'm only waiting for EVGA to notify me for the Hybrid cards.

yoz